The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 03, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

They'd have to sink harder than some pretty bad teams though.  

I used to actively cheer for the teams I disliked to finish just outside the playoffs or be bounced in round 1.  This is probably some kind of karma for me lol.

We aren't gonna beat out Anaheim and Chicago but we can sink enough to draft top five imo

Losing Horvat alone would be devastating to this team's ability to compete, if only from a possession standpoint because of how heavily we lean on him for faceoffs 

Trade him and we likely go into a tailspin 

I'd like to keep Bo but I don't believe he'll extend, thus he must be traded as he can't be allowed to walk

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

@stawnsis that guy in the park on the weekend holding up the sign "Will argue with anyone about anything, prove me wrong". Suggestion, don't pick something so concrete as the English language lol

If you see something from your perspective and I see it from mine and we see different things .........that is subjective

7 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

@stawnsis that guy in the park on the weekend holding up the sign "Will argue with anyone about anything, prove me wrong". Suggestion, don't pick something so concrete as the English language lol

From oxford

"based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."

"his views are highly subjective"

Edited by stawns

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We aren't gonna beat out Anaheim and Chicago but we can sink enough to draft top five imo

Losing Horvat alone would be devastating to this team's ability to compete, if only from a possession standpoint because of how heavily we lean on him for faceoffs 

I'd like to keep Bo but I don't believe he'll extend, thus he must be traded as he can't be allowed to walk

Didn’t New Jersey win the lottery with the 5th pick?  If the Hockey Gods want it to happen it will. 

We probably have the same chance at Bedard if we are last overall or 5th last really. It is all on luck and God. 

We need to make sure we are in the running though. If we trade BO and Luke that should help us with the stealth tank. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think Bo likely is moved as well.  Something aside from just picks/prospects will be coming back however.  

Tanking is difficult for the same reasons that making the playoffs is difficult.  We have to make up points (except in reverse) on too many teams.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

It's also the correct adjective to use, which is also objectively true

...because its a fact and not dictated by feelings or emotion but rather, facts and rules of grammar.

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

unfortunately "bad trade" isn't something you can state objectively. I think stawns is a tool generally speaking, but asserting your analysis as fact makes you a tool also. 

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, tas said:

unfortunately "bad trade" isn't something you can state objectively. I think stawns is a tool generally speaking, but asserting your analysis as fact makes you a tool also. 

In my defense...I did state reasons why I thought it is objectively bad...even from the outside looking in.

1 hour ago, dougieL said:

Yes it depends on the perspective from which you are evaluating the trade. From Arizona's perspective, it was a miracle. From the Canucks' perspective, it was a complete disaster.

From your perspective it was.  From my perspective, I like it.  

18 minutes ago, tas said:

A guy referring to another guy as a tool while calling the guy he's talking to a tool makes him a tool. The guy pointing all this out is then also a tool. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1