The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

6.65m isn't spilled milk. 

How about re signing Virtanen when he showed no dedication or professionalism. 

That's 2.

Oh you mean Virtanen who increased his point totals each and every single season up until his last? Ya okay, sure. 2x2.55 is a major overpayment for an 18g 18a guy who saw little to no PP time and mostly bottom 6 linemates. Lol his longest contract was a 3y ELC and he had 2 2year deals. There was little to no investment in Virtanen that cost us anything really. As for Boeser, his longest deal has also only been 3 years. So saying we have been paying way too much for potential way too many times is 100% ridiculous. We havent handed out any 6+ deals to anyone based on potential. So you can remove Boeser who has proved a fair bit in the NHL and Virtanen both off that list.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

6.65m isn't spilled milk. 

How about re signing Virtanen when he showed no dedication or professionalism. 

That's 2.

Its not spilled milk, but hes still the 10th highest point totals of his draft class and 9th highest goals with far less games played than everyone ahead of him. I’d say he earned it and is still producing at 60pts per season, which also isnt spilled milk, especially considering only 83/1002 players scored 60 or more points last season.

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

If we are still in the same position after the draft lottery I bet Chicago wins another cup before us.

Jim Benning ruined this team 

Still had a chance until these current nincompoops' signed Miller.

JR and Allvin ruined any chance of competing barring a miracle.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Still had a chance until these current nincompoops' signed Miller.

JR and Allvin ruined any chance of competing barring a miracle.

The constant across both Benning's and JR's management is our owner's insisted upon direction.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Oh you mean Virtanen who increased his point totals each and every single season up until his last? Ya okay, sure. 2x2.55 is a major overpayment for an 18g 18a guy who saw little to no PP time and mostly bottom 6 linemates. Lol his longest contract was a 3y ELC and he had 2 2year deals. There was little to no investment in Virtanen that cost us anything really. As for Boeser, his longest deal has also only been 3 years. So saying we have been paying way too much for potential way too many times is 100% ridiculous. We havent handed out any 6+ deals to anyone based on potential. So you can remove Boeser who has proved a fair bit in the NHL and Virtanen both off that list.

Lol, aren't you the guy that thinks Myers is better than Hedman?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I'll take it with a grain of salt. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, aren't you the guy that thinks Myers is better than Hedman?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I'll take it with a grain of salt. 

Lmfao can you please provide proof where I said Myers is better? Whatever you need to tell yourself to help yourself sleep at night bud.

I compared D-pairs and OEL and Myers had better numbers than Hedman and Cernak and that is a point I made that people like you are braindead and dont pay much attention to anything around the league. OEL and Myers give up less high danger chances, have less high danger goals against and our goalies have a better sv% when they are on the ice versus Hedman and Cernak.

image.gif.7f6fca1283052cd697628ab091b0a20f.gif

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Lmfao can you please provide proof where I said Myers is better? Whatever you need to tell yourself to help yourself sleep at night bud.

I compared D-pairs and OEL and Myers had better numbers than Hedman and Cernak and that is a point I made that people like you are braindead and dont pay much attention to anything around the league. OEL and Myers give up less high danger chances, have less high danger goals against and our goalies have a better sv% when they are on the ice versus Hedman and Cernak.

image.gif.7f6fca1283052cd697628ab091b0a20f.gif

Lol, do you have a bubble around your head in real life too? :lol:

Sorry that argument was just too funny. Just tells you fancy stats are garbage and a lazy replacement for actually knowing the game.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

30 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sorry that argument was just too funny. Just tells you fancy stats are garbage and a lazy replacement for actually knowing the game.

Lmfao and you whos probably never played the game, thinks they know the game. Lmfao :lol:

32 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Im afraid to catch whatever the hell is wrong with you. Can you blame me for taking caution?