The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, do you have a bubble around your head in real life too? :lol:

Sorry that argument was just too funny. Just tells you fancy stats are garbage and a lazy replacement for actually knowing the game.

Myers and Hedman have both been on for 31 goals against at even strength. Myers has been on for 44 goals against total, Hedmand 39. 
Hedman has a 59.8% offensive zone start versus Myers 35.8%oZS. Why is Hedman getting scored on as frequently as Myers who starts in his own zone nearly twice as much? Or hey how about this. TBL has allowed 108 goals total, Hedman has been on for 36% of all goals scored against and they are a defensively hard to score against team. Myers 44/146=30% of all goals scored on a porous piss poor goaltending team lol. Kinda weird how the guy on a team with horrendous goal tending and terrible dpartners like Stillman for 129mins, has kept the puck out of his net the same as a guy whos on a contending team with primary offensive deployment with world class goaltending behind him. 

if that doesnt do it for you, how about takeways and giveaways? Myers has 13 takeaways and 21give aways. Hedman has 19 takeaways but has handed the puck over 34 times. 13 more than the Chaos Giraffe. 

oh and with a 35% ozone deployment, Myers has 9 even strength points, Hedman with 60% ozone deployment has 16 even strength points. Seems to me like someone is struggling. Lol

How are these “fancy”stats for ya?

• There it is 1

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I am to much the pessimist these days. I watch young #11 Guenther for Team Canada score the Gold medal winning goal and realize he was the 1st Rdr we gave up to get OEL. Yes, totally unfair assumptions and all that. Bottom line IMHO is that the last things the Canucks need to do right now is actually win hockey games. Ideally the team goes on a scoring binge to raise the value of the trade pieces but still lose the games! My mindset is total dive. :( 

So just because he did well in the tournament, he's going to be a great NHLer?  How quickly we forget about players like Juolevi, or Schroeder who did great in the World Jr Tournies.  

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

OEL has also quietly put up 0.5ppg while only getting powerplay leftovers. 

I dont like the trade that was made, but accounting for the fact that hes often deployed in a matchup role, and in a bad defensive system, hes been alright.

Im keen to see what he can do in a better structured system. 

I think if they just leave Myers and OEL paired together and stop splitting them up to play with the likes of Stillman etc, they should be fine as a pair. Their underlying numbers together are very strong

35 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So just because he did well in the tournament, he's going to be a great NHLer?  How quickly we forget about players like Juolevi, or Schroeder who did great in the World Jr Tournies.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you….Pavel Brendl!

46ABB69A-22AF-4280-BA59-879C32762D02.jpeg

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Still had a chance until these current nincompoops' signed Miller.

JR and Allvin ruined any chance of competing barring a miracle.

Likely a knee jerk reaction on their part to appear as being actively on top of the situation. ‘Look, we did stuff’.

What a blunder to sign Miller long before it was necessary , if it ever was.
On the bright side they certainly didn’t run out of time, 

• There it is 1

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Still had a chance until these current nincompoops' signed Miller.

JR and Allvin ruined any chance of competing barring a miracle.

Signing a 99 point player to a long term deal isn't usually considered a mistake.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I am sure Calgary also regrets signing Huberdeau to a 10.5x8 deal.  He's on pace for 57 points. If Vancouver is regretting their decision then Calgary must be losing their minds...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Signing a 99 point player to a long term deal isn't usually considered a mistake.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I am sure Calgary also regrets signing Huberdeau to a 10.5x8 deal.  He's on pace for 57 points. If Vancouver is regretting their decision then Calgary must be losing their minds...

Apparently Sutter is over Huberdeaus performance this year…