The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

59 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

God I hope so, Miller doesn't fit the timeline of a rebuild and I reckon that's more of what we'll be looking at when the dust settles regardless of whatever smoke management blows out their ass 

I've repeatedly said that if Bo goes Miller should be next, here's hoping management steps up and fixes their mistake 

Between teams that miss out on Meier, and teams that have trouble retaining players (CBJ, WPG) there could be solid interest in Miller's availability... 

Something around Nyquist (cap), Peeke and a 3rd piece (Del Bel Belluz?) from CBJ?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Between teams that miss out on Meier, and teams that have trouble retaining players (CBJ, WPG) there could be solid interest in Miller's availability... 

Something around Nyquist (cap), Peeke and a 3rd piece (Del Bel Belluz?) from CBJ?

Peeke or Ceulemans would be a really nice add off CBJ. I like the cut of your jib. They just spent the farm on Gaudreau. Can't imagine they wanna go too deep into a rebuild. Miller is locked up. They are gonna be stacked up on centers after this draft too. Really good odds at Bedard. Guaranteed one of Bedard, Fantilli or Carlsson right now. They already have Cole Sillinger, Kent Johnston (Winger/Center like Miller), Bemstrom who has 31 points in 21 AHL games. That's with Roslovic and Boone Jenner.

They look like a team that'd prefer a RWer though, unless they trade for Miller and move Laine to RW.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm hoping so, I don't honestly care where he goes so long as it's not here 

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Miller to Carolina for Kotkaniemi, Morrow, and their 1st!

Lets go!!

That would have been a solid return for Horvat +/- but I doubt we'd get that for Miller.

Kotkaniemi, one of Seeley/Nikishin and a pick maybe...

That said, I doubt CAR would be in on Miller. Not their style. Happy to be wrong though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, soosoodeff said:

moving miller would make me happy for losing bo

At this point don’t they kinda need to ship out Miller if they wanna actually reset the leadership group?

If they try and make Petey captain Miller is still gonna be the “alpha dog” leader again and we’ll run into the same problems.

Only way to change the culture is to cut people out who were part of this leadership group.

• Vintage 3
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At this point don’t they kinda need to ship out Miller if they wanna actually reset the leadership group?

If they try and make Petey captain Miller is still gonna be the “alpha dog” leader again and we’ll run into the same problems.

Only way to change the culture is to cut people out who were part of this leadership group.

You nailed it

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Other benefits from moving Miller too such as long term cap relief. 

We likely are not competing soon. Should be clearing as much cap and gaining as many quality picks/prospects this and next season and reset with the young pieces we have. 

Horvat, Miller, Myers, Pearson, Beauvillier all expiring within the next two offseasons would be a lot of cap to work with on top of having a high end prospect pool.

As much as I would like to see Miller moved, and strictly for the reason I don't see Miller aligning with our timeline, I don't see it happening.  

While we may be enjoying some glimmer of hope with the Horvat trade that management has finally activated a brain cell and decided to properly retool/rebuild, I'll need a secondary deal to confirm their true direction.

They weren't willing to trade Miller last year for the sake of competing for a playoff spot.  Is the Horvat trade a direction change from  Management, or did Horvat camp simply make it very clear that unless Vancouver overpays, he had all the intention to test the FA market, which forced managements hands?

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Other benefits from moving Miller too such as long term cap relief. 

We likely are not competing soon. Should be clearing as much cap and gaining as many quality picks/prospects this and next season and reset with the young pieces we have. 

Horvat, Miller, Myers, Pearson, Beauvillier all expiring within the next two offseasons would be a lot of cap to work with on top of having a high end prospect pool.

Honestly if we are able to trade him I fully expect a bad contract coming back.

It wouldn’t be a deal people like but it would be necessary to reset things. 

Maybe it gets us another first and a good prospect, but I don’t expect much cap savings.