The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wish management was willing to really tear it down to the studs. Just don’t see it happening. 

That would be looking like Arizona..

that’s kind of dusty,  and desperate.

I don’t think we’re at that level.. do you really like their situation? 

it’s the poor performance contracts now that hinder the growth and balance of this team.

17 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Would love it if Raty was ready for 3C next year. Who is [Miller trade replacement]?

see the post above this one.

It depends where he goes.  If we trade him back to Ohio then someone like Roslovic (with the majority of the value being picks or young defenders)?  To Carolina for Kotkaniemi would be a good move IMO.  We could also prioritize value in futures in trading him, and then sign someone like Kerfoot (even if he's only a high 3rd liner, we can just sign him as a fill-in).  Not saying we get them specifically, just examples that come to mind right off the bat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

It depends where he goes.  If we trade him back to Ohio then someone like Roslovic (with the majority of the value being picks or young defenders)?  To Carolina for Kotkaniemi would be a good move IMO.  We could also prioritize value in futures in trading him, and then sign someone like Kerfoot (even if he's only a high 3rd liner, we can just sign him as a fill-in).  Not saying we get them specifically, just examples that come to mind right off the bat.

I don’t think we trade Miller but if we do CBJ would be a spot. They have trouble (until Gnome) attracting UFAs. So they might want Miller’s term. D the Canes struggle singing UFAs? 

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha. Yeah I get that feeling a good number of times when reading his posts/rants. I think a good portion of what he's trying to say doesn't make it into the post so you just get some wild ramblings with a thin thread of commonality in it. It's kind of ironic in that he's trying to make you look silly at the same time.

oooo the old stab in the back,. Lol

Makin Bruh- love now to make sense of yourself Gawdz?

every one needs friends right ? 

Cheers.

• Haha 2

They need to get to a point where they're not in position to "have" to sign massive deals for older players in their roster because there are enough young players to replace older, high priced assets. 

Isn't that what everyone has been clamouring for, for years?  Succession?  To get to a point where you can trade those high value assets for young players and/or picks, because you have young players ready to step in and contribute, thereby always maintaining some cap flexibility?

They are at a point where they could actually make some moves to build toward that, it just takes some balls to do.it........the opportunity is there

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

If Petey’s going to re-sign, I think he’ll want to see a legit 2C backing him up. Just my $.02.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't know. We're currently 6th last in the entire league. The top 3 picks are done through a lottery. We are also in the situation we are in despite Miller playing.

Is it really going to make that much of a difference at this point?

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I don't even care much at this point. I just have a hard time thinking he's gone that easily with as long as a contract that he has.

They changed it a couple years ago.  Lottery is only top 2 picks and can only move up 10 spots.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

If Petey’s going to re-sign, I think he’ll want to see a legit 2C backing him up. Just my $.02.

I think he'll want to see there's some kind of logical plan and progression to winning

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey will get to practice next camp against Raty. He will then learn we have an excellent 2C. 

Would love for you to be right. Maybe a long Abby playoff run gets his confidence and development on track.  An off-season working on his skating…who knows

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Would love for you to be right. Maybe a long Abby playoff run gets his confidence and development on track.  An off-season working on his skating…who knows

Petey isn’t exactly a fast straight line skater either. It’s smarts, skill, and compete that make him great. Raty has a lot of the same qualities. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Keep Miller and address our D and a checking line.

I think we could get great checking coverage out of the 4th line we had the other night..

Joshua, Aman , DiGussepie..

but DiGussepie might just work himself up the lines .

Heres my wish list for D add ons / no real cost:

Tryamkin, Livingstone, McDonaugh.

D Petey, I hope we see in Abby next season.

perhaps a move like Boeser 20% retained to NJD brings another good prospect like Bahl or Mukhamadullin.

To free up 4 mil in cap should be the incentive behind moving Boeser now. 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think we could get great checking coverage out of the 4th line we had the other night..

Joshua, Aman , DiGussepie..

but DiGussepie might just work himself up the lines .

Heres my wish list for D add ons / no real cost:

Tryamkin, Livingstone, McDonaugh.

D Petey, I hope we see in Abby next season.

perhaps a move like Boeser 20% retained to NJD brings another good prospect like Bahl or Mukhamadullin.

To free up 4 mil in cap should be the incentive behind moving Boeser now. 

Agree we have some of the pieces internally to make a great checking line. 

Tryamkin is intriguing, as is Livingstone. I believe McDonough is a LW.I like Bahl and Muk as targets. Also Peeke, Ceulemans, Korczak.

Yes, hopefully D-Petey and Johansson are in Abby next year 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

That would be looking like Arizona..

that’s kind of dusty,  and desperate.

I don’t think we’re at that level.. do you really like their situation? 

it’s the poor performance contracts now that hinder the growth and balance of this team.

I’d rather be dry and desperate than wet and desperate. :lol:

I’m talking about being willing to part with Boeser, Garland and a few other decent players to improve the defense. Not trading everyone. That never works. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agree we have some of the pieces internally to make a great checking line. 

Tryamkin is intriguing, as is Livingstone. I believe McDonough is a LW.I like Bahl and Muk as targets. Also Peeke, Ceulemans, Korczak.

Yes, hopefully D-Petey and Johansson are in Abby next year 

I see the chat around Gavrikov,.  But I’m trying to see what Columbuses needs are..

We really need to open up some exit doors on D.