The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

What is the urgency to get rid of JT unless you're confident we'd get a potential #2 centre in return?? and it would really suck if we had to retain some % of his salary while enabling contendting teams to reap benefits of his production!

Boeser needs to go NOW!! he gets paid pretty damn good $ to score goals and it doesn't seem like it'll happen consistently....

His NTC kicks in with his new deal.  This week is last chance gas

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

BOS is the best team and added Orlov and Hathaway

NJ is going to be a fierce competitor and added Meier

TB is always good and just added Jeannot

Forget TOR, they're already done.

What will CAR do to keep up? They have the cap space.

to CAR - Miller and Rathbone

to VAN - Kotkaniemi and Morrow

(please)

That trade is terrible unless your goal is to free up cap to overpay a UFA.

Any trade involving Miller involves cap/salary retention for either the duration or a portion of his extension.  The return will be wildly underwhelming for what people think is possible especially after seeing NJ toss a couple picks and all their scraps at SJ and Tampa do a Florida Man type headline trade for Jeannot with that insane move yesterday.

A pick, an underperforming prospect with potential or a good young rfa at risk of not staying with the team trading for Miller is the most likely scenario with a cap dump for a shorter term than Millers extension is the most likely trade 

IF it happens.

I won't get excited by any stretch until such time as something or nothing happens.

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

What is the urgency to get rid of JT unless you're confident we'd get a potential #2 centre in return?? and it would really suck if we had to retain some % of his salary while enabling contendting teams to reap benefits of his production!

Boeser needs to go NOW!! he gets paid pretty damn good $ to score goals and it doesn't seem like it'll happen consistently....

I agree about Boeser, but he can be dealt at any time.  They can do it in the off season and find the best deal when teams have more flexibility.

If they're dealing miller, it has to be now

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion.

I subscribe more to the domino thought process in that there have been other more appealing options for teams, once those dominoes fall then the desperate will come calling. 

Also, Canuck fans tend to under-value all of Myers, Boeser and Garland. All are able to contribute but their contracts are tough to move in-season but there would certainly be off-season interest in these guys.

Yes, there will be off-season interest.

And you are absolutely right. There are interest in these players now as well.

The cap maneuvering is just so difficult and to most teams, these players aren't the type of upgrade that they are looking for.

Most playoff teams already have a Garland or a Boeser, these are the type of players that excel only in a top 6 scoring role. So even if they get either, the teams aren't able to give them the ice time that these players need to succeed. And that's the case on our team too. Garland and Boeser are skill players who aren't good enough on our team to get PP1 minutes. Lately, they are playing on line #3. But they don't bring the tangibles of a typical third line player.

And considering the gymnastics that the teams have to go through to make the deal happen to absorb 5+ mil of salary, is the reason why we won't see a deal for them. At least that's my guess.

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Perhaps they are wanting a RD in return?  Maybe they include a player that can join the lineup and help the

trading partner with JTs cap.

For instance... Kotkaniemi(C)  + Morrow(RD) +  1st   

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

I'm still not buying it.

Good for you…keep the dream alive.

Petey isn’t sticking around for a full blown rebuild so if you’re breaking the team down to the studs trading Horvat, Miller, Demko, etc you might as well trade him

for a haul considering the prices.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I just find it weird that this wouldn't have been announced before the team travelled to Dallas.

Though I don't think a trade will happen, but I also don't fully believe Miller is out of the line up due to an injury.

The Canucks definitely made this weird.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Any trade involving Miller involves cap/salary retention for either the duration or a portion of his extension.  The return will be wildly underwhelming for what people think is possible especially after seeing NJ toss a couple picks and all their scraps at SJ and Tampa do a Florida Man type headline trade for Jeannot with that insane move yesterday.

A pick, an underperforming prospect with potential or a good young rfa at risk of not staying with the team trading for Miller is the most likely scenario with a cap dump for a shorter term than Millers extension is the most likely trade 

IF it happens.

I won't get excited by any stretch until such time as something or nothing happens.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

And there we go.  No excitement needed.

Now, how do we ensure our goaltending continues to be a tire fire so St Louis and SJ don't overtake us handily in the standings?  Can someone give Petey and Hughes some sort of food poisoning othat lasts say...3 weeks or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Perhaps they are wanting a RD in return?  Maybe they include a player that can join the lineup and help the

trading partner with JTs cap.

For instance... Kotkaniemi(C)  + Morrow(RD) +  1st   

That’s a rare trade suggestion.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Makes these rumours of a hidden hold for trade less likely. Went from one week that coincided with the TDL to week to week.

I know how some around here think highly of Elliott Freedman….just heard him say on 650 say that it is more likely JT stays rather than leaving.