The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday January 8 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 12pm PT/2pm CT/3pm ET - Canada Life Center

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Stop blaming boudreau. We all know what the heck is wrong here. The useless management team. Rookie puppet useless Alvin and clueless old used junk Rutherford and a bunch of nobody who contribute next to zero. That’s what’s wrong. No one on this management group even knew the make up of this team before coming over. If they knew anything about the team or if they would have done any research, no competent fair minded person would have kept Boeser. Let the man walk for free would have been the best option.

No defensemen signed in the off-season? No trades to free up cap despite preaching the need for cap since day one? Holding up on trade value as if you are a hard nose businessman. Yet at the same time having no clue, no plan. Yep. It’s not Myers, not OEL, not anybody’s fault here when you ask a bunch of dmen with no defensive awareness to play defense. Out of the top 6, other than maybe Schenn, who actually plays D? The answer is none of them actually do. 

Edited by ktcy2
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

The only gripe I have with BB is that he needs to bench/scratch the high priced help when needed.

Scratching fringe players sends no message what so ever.

So BB should scratch the terrible goaltenders? Who plays net then?  

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

He’s not the defensive coach. 

Even if he was, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 

Do we even have a defensive coach?  At some point he needs to take responsibility. Can’t just deflect it all to the players and assistant coaches. 

12 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Right back at ya bud. Saved myself from this sh*t show. 

Meh, with Rittich in net anything was possible and losses put the team closer to selling. Make up your mind you want the team to lose and sell or win? Can’t be mad at both. Lmao. 

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

The only gripe I have with BB is that he needs to bench/scratch the high priced help when needed.

Scratching fringe players sends no message what so ever.

I can understand that gripe. 

But, I’m sure he doesn’t want to single out any top player that he needs to keep the train somewhat on the tracks going forward. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

If you cannot change the bad habits of bad defensemen then get rid of them. I find hard to beleive the team and coaches and management cannot see the horrible play of Myers and OeL.

Nate Schmidt comes here and sucks... Goes away and is awesome again.  

Jalen Chatfield was okay here but goes to Carolina and is flourishing.  

Edler and Tanev got a boost from leaving too.  

I don't think it's coaching, but our leadership group isn't willing to sacrifice for wins. 

Horvat, Boeser, Hughes are great offensive talents but either can't or won't get down and dirty to get wins.