The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

1 playoff run in what 8 years. I think the fanbase can handle a rebuild bud…they don’t want to deal with a directionless team however.

Lol that’s why that statement is the biggest joke.

Like yea we couldn’t handle a rebuild. Let’s just torture our fans by setting franchise records for sucking every other night…And not get a top 3 pick at the end of it.

If fans are still coming back now, there’s not much that could keep them away.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Anyone know where to check stats / games won or lost in Canucks history?

I read that the Canucks had the same win/lose after 40 games as last year. Why am I leaning towards Team tank this year, for the first time ever? Last year, it was exciting and fun to watch the Canucks go on a winning streak after changing Coaches, but this year just feels like the end of an era and the breakup of the team.

8 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What you mean not close, they are 3 games under .500 not 20 games. They are a few players away from going over the hump, let's not drastically change the team and rebuild. There is something to be proud of to never have #1 draft pick and still put together dominant President cup teams and continue to be a sought after hockey market. 

Obviously #Aquas burner account. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you think most of the people who go to Rogers Arena are actually fans?  How many corporate season tickets are sold every year in the lower bowl?  How many actual fans sit in the club seats?  Those tickets are all given away to employees who just want to hang out and watch a game.  I've sat in the club seats many a time.  I know how it is down there.

Anyone who regularly goes to Canucks games knows most people in lower bowl are clients of a business, group of buddies who got tickets to shoot the shit and chat or a guy impressing a girl on a date. There is very very few die hard fans in lower bowl.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do you think most of the people who go to Rogers Arena are actually fans?  How many corporate season tickets are sold every year in the lower bowl?  How many actual fans sit in the club seats?  Those tickets are all given away to employees who just want to hang out and watch a game.  I've sat in the club seats many a time.  I know how it is down there.

You can make that case for every team in the league LOL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

just goals, we are headed for our lowest blueline scoring goals ever. It's not the main problem but its a real problem 

No is not a real problem 

I would guess our d has more primary assists than half the nhl teams 

getting offence doesn’t just means goals

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

1 playoff run in what 8 years. I think the fanbase can handle a rebuild bud…they don’t want to deal with a directionless team however.

How do you know the fans can handle a rebuild, we've never even done one before in 52 years.  There are already posters on CDC who are packing it in.  

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope not 20 and have been a fan for 30 years.

Ive seen this team try and do things the wrong way for long enough and be too proud to tank.

Meanwhile every team that gets those number 1 picks go on to win the cup.

They ALL don't go on to win the Cup, the Coilers and Laffs are prime examples. But #1 overall picks can make you a regular season powerhouse that I can get behind 100%

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Anyone know where to check stats / games won or lost in Canucks history?

I read that the Canucks had the same win/lose after 40 games as last year. Why am I leaning towards Team tank this year, for the first time ever? Last year, it was exciting and fun to watch the Canucks go on a winning streak after changing Coaches, but this year just feels like the end of an era and the breakup of the team.

nhl.com stats

it has a date and all time range

then you have good old excel - you can export records though its very manual. You can do web based queries too if you're into that.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

They ALL don't go on to win the Cup, the Coilers and Laffs are prime examples. But #1 overall picks can make you a regular season powerhouse that I can get behind 100%

Those teams could easily have won the cup and still could with some good management.

You can’t deny that Matthews and McDavid gives them a legit shot though.

We don’t have that kind of superstar here and likely won’t without one of those top picks.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1