The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Jan. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine if we were to actually rebuild, which would involve several years of tanking.  The fanbase would disappear completely...

Absolutely, the people calling for a tank are young 20 something adolescents who have no concept of markets or business sense.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I've never in my life...in 30 years of watching hockey.....seen a team collapse with a healthy lead as much as this team....it's absolutely unbelievable. This team just can't stop the other team from scoring...period. The blueline can't defend or contribute offensively....blow.....it....up and get a fresh slate.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 3

2 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

What are you talking about? No one has the time or the patience to wait another 3 years to watch lackluster games or team.

Not every fan wants to tank, tanking means you are okay with 3 years of guaranteed no playoffs, I am not okay with that. I actually like going to games now both for dates and for business, I am not down to watch a young team for 3 years I want a competitive team now, even if they lose as long as they are entertaining i am happy tanking isn't fun.

What??? News flash. This team isn't competitive. Not even close. You are basically having to be patient with this team anyways. They aren't close.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine if we were to actually rebuild, which would involve several years of tanking.  The fanbase would disappear completely...

From buying tickets.  Most likely.  From being outspoken on social media.  Nope never going to happen!

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And that’s exactly why our owner continues with his insisted upon direction.  Try to build a winner for each season, even at the expense for the next season.  Very short sighted, but he must think the same you do about this fan base. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

And that’s exactly why our owner continues with his insisted upon direction.  Try to build a winner for each season, even at the expense for the next season.  Very short sighted, but he must think the same you do about this fan base. 

The owner was a season ticket holder since he was in elementary school.  His family lived only 3 blocks from Pacific Coliseum.  I am pretty sure he knows exactly what this fanbase in Vancouver is all about since he was a fan for several decades himself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I doubt one draft will fix this mess, unless we get Bedard.  We would need to be tanking for 3-4 years at least.  This fanbase can't even tolerate a 5-6 game losing streak.  

We could tie up Petterson and Hughs, have one more good player and just throw sh*t on the wall and see what sticks for the rest of the roster

I can't remember the last time I've seen this team look so disorganized and lacking any sign of cohesive play (aside from last game that is....and probably a few of them before that). We have the talent level on this team, but for whatever reason, they just can't put together enough effort to play a full 60 minutes more than once per month at best.

I'm seriously thinking of switching sport of choice to cricket lol