The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

It sounds like Rick Tocchet is a guaranteed thing at this point as the next coach. I’m not feeling at all confident about this. The guy has a losing record in the NHL as head coach, and he has been criminally charged with conspiracy and promoting gambling. 
What exactly does he offer us?

The very fact he was investigated with credible issues concerns and a full federal look in to his potential gambling and match fixing as coach is a serious concern yup.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Show me then, how many NHL teams had success drafting between 25 and 30 between 2009 and 2013.  Tell me who the players were and where they are now or what teams they actually achieved success on.

I have those names on hand and am just wondering if you'd "enlighten me" who they are.  Because if you want to simply pick and choose the smallest minutiae of information to defame an entire era of management I want all the information.

Minnesota Wild

image.png.fea3f624342c239ed877bd87e0ebd986.png

Nashville Predators

image.png.975fa2b770d898e88f9e07642080b1c3.png

Florida Panthers

image.thumb.png.0211a39a39086d4b7d2c73ec0bd571f8.png

Tampa Bay in two years.

image.thumb.png.88192e2bba5a9715e06f539cdcdf233c.png

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I...don't recall the Ducks Flames and Jets drafting at an average of 25th through 30th from 2009 through 2013.

But just for reference.  Since, obviously draft position and actual team success and pushing for championships don't matter.  

Tell me, what is the difference between the screenshots you posted vs this one from vancouver?  Tell me, what are or were the affiliate AHL teams for development for those teams vs the Canucks in those years?  No no, since it doesn't matter obviously it's ok.  But out of curiousit I'd like to know

Seems kind of easier to draft and develop players successfully when you're drafting higher but whatever.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 5.53.20 PM.png

Look, your argument is falling flat. You can't just repeat the same argument that a team was chasing a championship. 

Tampa Bay got way more value from their later round picks AND they were perennially competing.

Anaheim, Calgary, and Winnipeg are not even the best examples of good drafting, yet they greatly outperformed the Canucks in the later rounds (2nd round and beyond).

Like I said, we are not even talking about 1st round picks. We are talking about the lack of DEPTH that Gillis provided. Stop making excuses.

• Vintage 1

Hiring Rick Tocchet is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard.

Does not have a winning record.... the only reason they'd get him is because he's a disciplinarian and maybe Aquaman thinks he'll kick the sh*t out of the team and motivate them.

We need a systems overhaul and a new defense, not a bandage coach.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Minnesota Wild

image.png.fea3f624342c239ed877bd87e0ebd986.png

Nashville Predators

image.png.975fa2b770d898e88f9e07642080b1c3.png

Florida Panthers

image.thumb.png.0211a39a39086d4b7d2c73ec0bd571f8.png

Tampa Bay in two years.

image.thumb.png.88192e2bba5a9715e06f539cdcdf233c.png

So...drafting 3rd two years in a row?  11th and 18th?  16th, 9th and 10th?  That is the same as drafting 22nd, 26th 29th and 24th?

Personally I blame the lack of Canucks success right now on poor drafting from 1995 through 1997  I also blame Nonis for the failures of 2005, 06, 07.  I also blame Takahashi for all the issues and injuries suffered by Canucks prospects which never let them develop properly.  Oh, and Bauer for making the insides of skates too uncomfortable for wearing over long periods of time.

And of course Mike Gillis for not having any prospects on the team a decade after being let go 

Just now, Warhippy said:

So...drafting 3rd two years in a row?  11th and 18th?  16th, 9th and 10th?  That is the same as drafting 22nd, 26th 29th and 24th?

Personally I blame the lack of Canucks success right now on poor drafting from 1995 through 1997  I also blame Nonis for the failures of 2005, 06, 07.  I also blame Takahashi for all the issues and injuries suffered by Canucks prospects which never let them develop properly.  Oh, and Bauer for making the insides of skates too uncomfortable for wearing over long periods of time.

And of course Mike Gillis for not having any prospects on the team a decade after being let go 

It's funny though. I LITERALLY pulled out evidence that fits your required parameters from 2009 to 2013, drafting between 25th to 30th.

Anaheim is such a convenient example because they drafted 30th. Who did they draft with the 30th pick in the 1st round?

image.thumb.png.a43bbc04f10b2294182ec3be3f667ced.png

And what happens? You ignore evidence once again.

Anaheim scored Rakell, Gibson, Karlsson, and Mansson all in the same draft.

That's more hits than what Gillis did in 6 years combined.

Why are you ignoring evidence again?

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Look, your argument is falling flat. You can't just repeat the same argument that a team was chasing a championship. 

Tampa Bay got way more value from their later round picks AND they were perennially competing.

Anaheim, Calgary, and Winnipeg are not even the best examples of good drafting, yet they greatly outperformed the Canucks in the later rounds (2nd round and beyond).

Like I said, we are not even talking about 1st round picks. We are talking about the lack of DEPTH that Gillis provided. Stop making excuses.

You know what bud.  I need to put you on silent because this conversation is so full of ignorance it hurts.  Blaming Gillis for this team not having any depth or proespects or for having a disatrous decade since he was released is like blaming the girl you kissed in 10th grade for your maritial failures in your 40's.  At some point in time you need to grow up and accept the fact that maybe just MAYBE the blame lies elsewhere.  but since you don't want to I won't waste another moment trying to help you figure out how sad that excuse is.

Have a gooder champ.  Don't forget to light a candle and curse Gillis's children for Juolevi and Virtanen not working out.

As a famous former Canucks draft pick that Gillis managed to completely fail us on said.  "It is what it is"

• Haha 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

You know what bud.  I need to put you on silent because this conversation is so full of ignorance it hurts.  Blaming Gillis for this team not having any depth or proespects or for having a disatrous decade since he was released is like blaming the girl you kissed in 10th grade for your maritial failures in your 40's.  At some point in time you need to grow up and accept the fact that maybe just MAYBE the blame lies elsewhere.  but since you don't want to I won't waste another moment trying to help you figure out how sad that excuse is.

Have a gooder champ.  Don't forget to light a candle and curse Gillis's children for Juolevi and Virtanen not working out.

As a famous former Canucks draft pick that Gillis managed to completely fail us on said.  "It is what it is"

What a joke.

You gave me parameters and I gave you answers that satisfied those requirements. Because you didn't like the evidence, you are putting me on silent now?

I freaking hate this board sometimes.

13 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Hiring Rick Tocchet is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard.

Does not have a winning record.... the only reason they'd get him is because he's a disciplinarian and maybe Aquaman thinks he'll kick the sh*t out of the team and motivate them.

We need a systems overhaul and a new defense, not a bandage coach.

Maybe...we can poach Tortorella away from Philly?

35 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It sounds like Rick Tocchet is a guaranteed thing at this point as the next coach. I’m not feeling at all confident about this. The guy has a losing record in the NHL as head coach, and he has been criminally charged with conspiracy and promoting gambling. 

He has three cup rings.

He offers what he’s learned from some legendary coaches.

Not fair to use Arizonas record. No coach would have success in that situation.

I’m willing to reserve judgement.

Edited by DeNiro

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The very fact he was investigated with credible issues concerns and a full federal look in to his potential gambling and match fixing as coach is a serious concern yup.

Yup no doubt.

But par for the course with this team. Added to existing current legal issues against current management around this team with handling of Pearson injury, a human rights complaint and abuse allegations against the owner not to mention the actual on ice embarrassment the team has become. So no big deal adding a gambling and match fixing coach to the to the mix. 

Seriously though, it would be just another big black eye for this team imo. 

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Yup no doubt.

But par for the course with this team. Added to existing current legal issues against current management around this team with handling of Pearson injury, a human rights complaint and abuse allegations against the owner not to mention the actual on ice embarrassment the team has become. So no big deal adding a gambling and match fixing coach to the to the mix. 

Let's be honest.

At this point both eyes are blackened.  Lips are split and this is just cauliflowering the right ear because the left one is already deaf

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Yup no doubt.

If you surround yourself with sketchier guys, you look good in comparison… the owner is playing 3D chess!

Welcome our new Director of Player Personnel… OJ Simpson along with our new Director of Ethics, Lance Armstrongz

4 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Okay.

Did you really just spell Kesler, Kessler? are you a fan of this team or not? its K-E-S-L-E-R why are so many "fans" here unable to remember how to spell fan favourite players names? 

Oooooh soooo hard to add role players on a contender... I cant believe anyone would want to come play for a contender. Lmfao. You act like he had a hard job to do to find bottom 6 guys and a couple Dmen. Drafting and developing is the actual hard work of building a contender. 

Gillass did sweet F all compared to Burke and Nonis. He also handed off the Garisson contract a disgruntled Kesler with an NMC, traded Samuelsson for David Booth, got Markstrom and Matthias for Luongo, what a terrible trade. A #1 goalie in the league for a struggling prospect. Luongo was still putting up elite numbers and was a top 10 in Vezina voting twice after being traded.

You're just too impatient and no offence incompetent to understand that just because you drafted well, doesnt mean growing pains of development arent a thing. Do you remember the Sedins? took them some years to get going. Our core is mainly under 25. Maybe take a chill pill and let the youth gain some experience and grow. 

You cant even handle whats going on right now, I know you cant handle a rebuild, because THIS IS PART OF A REBUILD. DRAFTING DEVELOPING GAINING EXPERIENCE MATURING AND REACHING ATHLETIC PRIME. Get a bloody grip on reality bud. 

Well I'll need to disagree, As to the drafting, Horvat is one of the best choices Vcr ever made and of cause became Captian.. Hodgson of course best player in the WJC ( if you're interested ) suffered from a serious of back problems which curtailed his career. Shinkaruk badly damaged his hip and was never the same,  He some how managed to turn Patrick White + A guy named Rahimi into Erhoff ( absolute robbery )

Put in a terrible postion by Mrs Luomgo did mange to bring Markstrom to Vcr and then signed NCAA F/A Tannev. Other brought to the team to take us to the Stanley Cap game 7  ( regretfull without the help Hamhuis (Hip injury ), Erhoff ( dislocated  soulder) Edler broken finger and Rome suspended by Mr Jacobs.) He aslo brought in essential foot soldiers such as Lappiere, Higgins, Torres,Weise. He uderstood the need for more muscle for a run to the SC. Thinking about it, maybe Torres and Lappiere would look good on todays roster.

We all know his league success, and of course voted by other NHL GM's as the best manager in  the league ( which holds more water than some fans rants )

His big mistake was allowing FA to make Torts head  coach and then disagreeing with FA about tearing the team down and starting fresh. Aquaman didn't like that and  fired the franchises most successsful GM ever!!. Just think if we had followed his advise ( echoed by Torts ) where we would be now. Instead we hired  yes man  rookie GM  J Benning who left a  Cap mess of huge proportions. Also wasted valuable years with rookie NHL Coach. What a mess, why are we are where are well JB 8 years life as  GM was acrucial part

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

An opportunity to further disgrace the franchise beyond what Rutherford has already done with his refusal to conduct himself like a professional.  There is absolutely no excuse for even considering hiring this worthless piece of ****.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Mike Gillis successfully drafted from April 23rd 2008 through 2013 prior to Benning taking over

2008:  Cody Hodgson 10th, 

2009:  Jordan Schroder 22nd, Kevin Connauton 83rd

2012:  Brendan Gaunce 26th, Ben Hutton 147th

2013:  Bo Horvat 9th

I breezed through your hard work and found it hilarious when I read this, well there is a couple things I found hilarious. 1) I dont need the last 20 years of history when I already know it. 2) This was Benning vs Gillis not Benning vs Gillis, Burke and Nonis. Why are we talking about Burke and Nonis when I have clearly stated many times on these forums the work that they did and how crucial their drafting and the development of our prospects were in relation to the success of the Canucks, especially in that 2010-11 run and the 2012 back-to-back Presidents trophy winners. 

Gillis "successfully drafted"

Cody Hodgson

Schroeder

Connauton

Gaunce

and Hutton

More like Gillis UNSUCCESSFULLY  drafted Hodgson, Schroeder, Connauton, Gaunce

sort of successfully drafted Hutton and successfully drafted Horvat

FTFY

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Don't throw your shoulders out moving those goal posts.  You're ignoring literally EVERY SINGLE aspect of that post to focus on exactly one thing and one thing only.  The draft.

Remind me again of who drafted what successfully.

Because, without Burkes first year (Allan, Chubarov and Ruutu) he only had 5 total players successfully drafted that played more than 200 games in his 5 years as GM.  Nonis in his 3 full years as GM had 6 in 3 years while Gillis had 4 in his 6 years.   I won't mention Benning at all but will point out that only Burke and Gillis had any level of true Playoff success and Burke had a 4th, 2nd and 3rd overall pick he drafted to do it with while Gillis drafted on average 26th in the first round when he did draft.

By comparison what the ever loving hell has/had Benning done with a near decade of high draft picks?  To sit and blame Gillis for the state of this club is an utter joke.  It's been a near decade of excuses and it sounds as sad as Oilers fans claiming their gretzky cups

In bold.

You want to talk about moving goal posts????

JUST off the top of my head, Burke "only drafted" THE F***ING SEDINS?????? LOLOLOL Umm KESLER???? BIEKSA?????? 

You probably should have stopped talking a long time ago.

3 hours ago, DSVII said:

It's pointless man. He doesn’t believe in the value of draft position because Pastranak went 25th overall once. He fully expects Gillis picking 22nd to replicate what Benning did at the 5th pick because its as simple as that. 

hahaaha so cute. I can tell who you're asking to be your valentine. You upset bro? I guess development never clicked for you did it?

Lets see every single cup winning team has one major thing in common. 

YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT

STL, TBL, PIT, WSH, DET

Go do some research, go take a look at how many of their key players spent 2-4 years developing, BEFORE getting called up and making an impact. 

Draft Num. Round Player Pos Drafted From GP G A Pts PIM
2013 Entry 7 1 Darnell Nurse D Soo Greyhounds [OHL] 522 60 153 213 444
2013 Entry 56 2 Marco Roy C Blainville-Boisbriand Armada [QMJHL]          
2013 Entry 83 3 Bogdan Yakimov C Nizhnekamsk Jrs. (Russia) 1 0 0 0 0
2013 Entry 88 3 Anton Slepyshev L Ufa Salavat Yulayev [KHL] 102 10 13 23 14
2013 Entry 94 4 Jackson Houck R Vancouver Giants [WHL]          
2013 Entry 96 4 Kyle Platzer C London Knights [OHL]          
2013 Entry 113 4 Aidan Muir L Victory Honda Midget (MWEHL)          
2013 Entry 128 5 Evan Campbell L Langley Rivermen [BCHL]          
2013 Entry 158 6 Ben Betker D Everett Silvertips [WHL]          
2013 Entry 188 7 Greg Chase L Calgary Hitmen [WHL]          

2012 Entry                    
2012 Entry 1 1 Nail Yakupov R Sarnia Sting [OHL] 350 62 74 136 142
2012 Entry 32 2 Mitch Moroz L Edmonton Oil Kings [WHL]          
2012 Entry 63 3 Jujhar Khaira L Prince George Spruce Kings [BCHL] 314 30 42 72 216
2012 Entry 91 3 Daniil Zharkov L Belleville Bulls [OHL]          
2012 Entry 93 4 Erik Gustafsson D Djurgardens IF Stockholm [SEL] 353 39 135 174 102
2012 Entry 123 5 Joey Laleggia D U. of Denver [WCHA]          
2012 Entry 153 6 John McCarron F Cornell University [ECAC]          

2011 Entry                    
2011 Entry 1 1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C Red Deer Rebels [WHL] 764 217 364 581 263
2011 Entry 19 1 Oscar Klefbom D Farjestads BK Karlstad [SEL] 378 34 122 156 74
2011 Entry 31 2 David Musil D Vancouver Giants [WHL] 4 0 2 2 2
2011 Entry 62 3 Samu Perhonen G JYP Jrs. (Finland)          
2011 Entry 74 3 Travis Ewanyk C Edmonton Oil Kings [WHL]          
2011 Entry 92 4 Dillon Simpson D U. of North Dakota [WCHA] 3 0 0 0 2
2011 Entry 114 4 Tobias Rieder C Kitchener Rangers [OHL] 478 64 81 145 52
2011 Entry 122 5 Martin Gernat D Kosice Jr. [Slovakia]          
2011 Entry 182 7 Frans Tuohimaa G Jokerit Jrs (Finland)          

2010 Entry                    
2010 Entry 1 1 Taylor Hall L Windsor Spitfires [OHL] 803 261 426 687 434
2010 Entry 31 2 Tyler Pitlick C Minnesota State U - Mankato [WCHA] 354 50 44 94 90
2010 Entry 46 2 Martin Marincin D Slovakia U20 [Slovakia] 227 5 29 34 110
2010 Entry 48 2 Curtis Hamilton L Saskatoon Blades [WHL] 1 0 0 0 5
2010 Entry 61 3 Ryan Martindale C Ottawa 67's [OHL]          
2010 Entry 91 4 Jeremie Blain D Acadie-Bathurst Titan [QMJHL]          
2010 Entry 121 5 Tyler Bunz G Medicine Hat Tigers [WHL] 1 0 0 0 0
2010 Entry 162 6 Brandon Davidson D Regina Pats [WHL] 180 9 14 23 82
2010 Entry 166 6 Drew Czerwonka L Kootenay Ice [WHL]          
2010 Entry 181 7 Kristians Pelss L Dynamo Jr. [Belarus]          
2010 Entry 202 7 Kellen Jones R Vernon Vipers [BCHL]          

2009 Entry                    
2009 Entry 10 1 Magnus Paajarvi L Timra IK [SEL] 467 62 62 124 78
2009 Entry 40 2 Anton Lander C Timra IK [SEL] 215 10 25 35 56
2009 Entry 71 3 Troy Hesketh D Minnetonka H.S. (Minn.)          
2009 Entry 82 3 Cameron Abney R Everett Silvertips [WHL]          
2009 Entry 99 4 Kyle Bigos D Vernon Vipers [BCHL]          
2009 Entry 101 4 Toni Rajala L Ilves Jrs. (Finland)          
2009 Entry 133 5 Olivier Roy G Cape Breton Screaming Eagles [QMJHL]        

Looks like a lot of wasted picks. TONS OF DRAFT CAPITAL... but not much to show for it. Hmm I WONDER WHY??? could it be development???? noooo Its because they didnt have moar draft capital. lol 

Lmao I should pull up Chicago's draft capital for the last 42 years lmfao. Its attrocious. Go look for yourself. Go  scroll back to 1980 and see JUST how many picks they had and wasted. 

Heres just a hint of how much "draft capital" did

1993 Entry                    
1993 Entry 24 1 Eric Lecompte L Hull Olympiques [QMJHL]          
1993 Entry 50 2 Eric Manlow L Kitchener Rangers [OHL] 37 2 4 6 8
1993 Entry 54 3 Bogdan Savenko R Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]          
1993 Entry 76 3 Ryan Huska C Kamloops Blazers [WHL] 1 0 0 0 0
1993 Entry 90 4 Eric Daze L Beauport Harfangs [QMJHL] 601 226 172 398 176
1993 Entry 102 4 Patrick Pysz R Augsburg EV [2.GBun]          
1993 Entry 128 5 Jonni Vauhkonen R Reipas Lahti [SM-liiga]          
1993 Entry 180 7 Tom White L Westminster H.S. (Conn.)          
1993 Entry 206 8 Sergei Petrov R Cloquet H.S. (Minn.)          
1993 Entry 232 9 Mike Rusk D Guelph Storm [OHL]          
1993 Entry 258 10 Mike McGhan L Prince Albert Raiders [WHL]          
1993 Entry 284 11 Tom Noble G Catholic Memorial H.S. (Mass.)          

1992 Entry                    
1992 Entry 12 1 Sergei Krivokrasov R CSKA Moscow [Russia] 450 86 109 195 288
1992 Entry 36 2 Jeff Shantz C Regina Pats [WHL] 642 72 139 211 341
1992 Entry 41 2 Sergei Klimovich C Moscow Dynamo [Russia] 1 0 0 0 2
1992 Entry 89 4 Andy MacIntyre L Saskatoon Blades [WHL]          
1992 Entry 113 5 Tim Hogan D U. of Michigan [CCHA]          
1992 Entry 137 6 Gerry Skrypec D Ottawa 67's [OHL]          
1992 Entry 161 7 Mike Prokopec R Cornwall Royals [OHL] 15 0 0 0 11
1992 Entry 185 8 Layne Roland R Portland Winter Hawks [WHL]          
1992 Entry 209 9 David Hymovitz L Thayer Academy (Mass.)          
1992 Entry 233 10 Richard Raymond D Cornwall Royals [OHL]          

1991 Entry                    
1991 Entry 22 1 Dean McAmmond L Prince Albert Raiders [WHL] 996 186 262 448 490
1991 Entry 39 2 Mike Pomichter L Springfield Olympics (NEJHL)          
1991 Entry 44 2 Jamie Matthews C Sudbury Wolves [OHL]          
1991 Entry 66 3 Bobby House R Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]          
1991 Entry 71 4 Igor Kravchuk D CSKA Moscow [Russia] 699 64 210 274 251
1991 Entry 88 4 Zac Boyer R Kamloops Blazers [WHL] 3 0 0 0 0
1991 Entry 110 5 Maco Balkovec D Merritt Centennials [BCJHL]          
1991 Entry 112 6 Kevin St. Jacques C Lethbridge Hurricanes [WHL]          
1991 Entry 132 6 Jacques Auger D U. of Wisconsin [WCHA]          
1991 Entry 154 7 Scott Kirton R Powell River Paper Kings [BCJHL]          
1991 Entry 176 8 Roch Belley G Niagara Falls Thunder [OHL]          
1991 Entry 198 9 Scott MacDonald D Choate Rosemary Hall (Conn.)          
1991 Entry 220 10 Alexander Andrijevski L Moscow Dynamo [Russia] 1 0 0 0 0
1991 Entry 242 11 Mike Larkin D Rice Memorial H.S. (Mass.)          
1991 Entry 264 12 Scott Dean   Lake Forest H.S. (Ill.)          

1990 Entry                    
1990 Entry 16 1 Karl Dykhuis D Hull Olympiques [QMJHL] 644 42 91 133 495
1990 Entry 37 2 Ivan Droppa D Liptovsky Mikulas (Czech.) 19 0 1 1 14
1990 Entry 79 4 Chris Tucker F Bloomington Jefferson H.S. (Minn.)          
1990 Entry 121 6 Brent Stickney F St. Paul's H.S. (N.H.)          
1990 Entry 124 6 Derek Edgerly C Stoneham [Mass. H.S.]          
1990 Entry 163 8 Hugo Belanger L Clarkson University [ECAC]          
1990 Entry 184 9 Owen Lessard L Owen Sound Platers [OHL]          
1990 Entry 205 10 Erik Peterson C Brockton H.S. (Mass.)          
1990 Entry 226 11 Steve Dubinsky C Clarkson University [ECAC] 375 25 45 70 164
1990 Entry 247 12 Dino Grossi F Northeastern University [H-East]          

1989 Entry                    
1989 Entry 6 1 Adam Bennett D Sudbury Wolves [OHL] 69 3 8 11 69
1989 Entry 27 2 Mike Speer D Guelph Platers [OHL]          
1989 Entry 48 3 Bob Kellogg D Springfield Olympics (NEJHL)          
1989 Entry 111 6 Tommi Pullola F Sport (Finland)          
1989 Entry 132 7 Tracy Egeland R Prince Albert Raiders [WHL]          
1989 Entry 153 8 Milan Tichy D Plzen [Czech.] 23 0 5 5 40
1989 Entry 174 9 Jason Greyerbiehl F Colgate University [ECAC]          
1989 Entry 195 10 Matt Saunders W Northeastern University [H-East]          
1989 Entry 216 11 Mike Kozak F Clarkson University [ECAC]          
1989 Entry 237 12 Mike Doneghey G Catholic Memorial H.S. (Mass.)          

1988 Entry                    
1988 Entry 8 1 Jeremy Roenick C Thayer Academy (Mass.) 1363 513 703 1216 1463
1988 Entry 50 3 Trevor Dam R London Knights [OHL]          
1988 Entry 71 4 Stefan Elvenes R Rogle (Sweden)          
1988 Entry 92 5 Joe Cleary D Stratford Jr. B          
1988 Entry 113 6 Justin Lafayette C Ferris State University [CCHA]          
1988 Entry 134 7 Craig Woodcroft C Colgate University [ECAC]          
1988 Entry 155 8 Jon Pojar   Roseville H.S. (Minn.)          
1988 Entry 176 9 Matt Hentges D Edina H.S. (Minn.)          
1988 Entry 197 10 Daniel Maurice C Chicoutimi Sagueneens [QMJHL]          
1988 Entry 218 11 Dirk Tenzer D St. Paul�s H.S. (N.H.)          
1988 Entry 239 12 Andreas Lupzig F Landshut EV [Germ]          

1987 Entry                    
1987 Entry 8 1 Jimmy Waite G Chicoutimi Sagueneens [QMJHL] 106 0 1 1 10
1987 Entry 29 2 Ryan McGill D Swift Current Broncos [WHL] 151 4 15 19 391
1987 Entry 50 3 Cam Russell D Hull Olympiques [QMJHL] 396 9 21 30 872
1987 Entry 60 3 Mike Dagenais D Peterborough Petes [OHL]          
1987 Entry 92 5 Ulf Sandstrom F MODO Hockey Ornskoldsvik [SEL]          
1987 Entry 113 6 Mike McCormick R Richmond Sockeyes [BCJHL]          
1987 Entry 134 7 Stephen Tepper R Westboro H.S. (Mass.) 1 0 0 0 0
1987 Entry 155 8 John Reilly L Phillips Academy (Mass.)          
1987 Entry 176 9 Lance Werness R Burnsville H.S. (Minn.)          
1987 Entry 197 10 Dale Marquette L Brandon Wheat Kings [WHL]          
1987 Entry 218 11 Bill LaCouture R Natick H.S. (Mass.)          
1987 Entry 239 12 Mike Lappin C Northwood Prep (N.Y.)          

1986 Entry                    
1986 Entry 14 1 Everett Sanipass L Verdun Junior Canadiens [QMJHL] 164 25 34 59 358
1986 Entry 35 2 Mark Kurzawski D Windsor Compuware Spitfires [OHL]          
1986 Entry 77 4 Frantisek Kucera D Sparta Praha [Czech] 465 24 95 119 251
1986 Entry 98 5 Lonnie Loach L Guelph Platers [OHL] 56 10 13 23 29
1986 Entry 119 6 Mario Doyon D Drummondville Voltigeurs [QMJHL] 28 3 4 7 16
1986 Entry 140 7 Mike Hudson C Sudbury Wolves [OHL] 416 49 87 136 414
1986 Entry 161 8 Marty Nanne R U. of Minnesota [WCHA]          
1986 Entry 182 9 Geoff Benic L Windsor Compuware Spitfires [OHL]          
1986 Entry 203 10 Glenn Lowes L Toronto Marlboros [OHL]          
1986 Entry 224 11 Chris Thayer   Kent H.S. (Conn.)          
1986 Entry 245 12 Sean Williams C Oshawa Generals [OHL] 2 0 0 0 4

Seems to me like they really "capitalized" on draft capital and produced almost nothing. Thats just 7 years too.

Draft capital can suck it, if there is no development path in place. IT DOES NOTHING. 

Show me your draft capital that actually drafted QUALITY NHL talent that didnt need development. Please I'd LOVE to see that. 

Edited by AnthonyG
  • RoughGame 3

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

An opportunity to further disgrace the franchise beyond what Rutherford has already done with his refusal to conduct himself like a professional.  There is absolutely no excuse for even considering hiring this worthless piece of ****.

What did he do to be so hated here?