The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

1 minute ago, Hockey101 said:

Rick Tocchet was a great player not coach. first change has to be management they have a good coach. Rutherford has made a mockery of this organization an should be removed imediately

What’s our owner doing going to Vegas with JR, if not to be the one making the hire? 

We often lay blame for bad decisions on our management, but it sure looks like it’s more our owner who is pulling the strings. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

New lows for this organization are coming, just feels like the worst is brewing. Why fire BB before the season is done? Makes no sense. Just lose for draft position, as that's all this team can accomplish as constructed. The new coach win bump shows just how out of touch management and ownership is. I watch now for the entertainment, but I have literally lost all faith in this club and the tools running it.

And don’t our players pretty much like BB?  Hell, who knows what our owner is thinking?  Maybe he’s hiring Tocchet to coach through a bottom diving retool?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And don’t our players pretty much like BB?  Hell, who knows what our owner is thinking?  Maybe he’s hiring Tocchet to coach through a bottom diving retool?  

Lol. I think JR and Aqua are to senile to come up with any kind of plan like that. Lol.

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think they are bringing in Tocchet to piss off OEL so he demands a trade.  Once OEL is traded we will bring in Barry Trotz.  This is 5D chess from JR really...

Clearly a more likely scenario than this management group being as incompetent as the last…

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 1/12/2023 at 10:00 PM, hammertime said:

IMO If we are rebuilding. A coach with strong defensive systems would get my vote. Kids need to learn fundamentals before they can flourish and this ship finally turns around. 

They definitely need a systems coach..........if they fire BB in season, I hope it's Cull taking over to finish the season

Yeo till summer 

tochet in the summer

Not sure any self respecting good coach will come here and have their reputation ruined by an idiot owners crap plan. 
we are in the terrible franchise category now among players and coaches and management. 

Francesco has to be removed from anything to do with the hockey team before we can improve anything. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

42 minutes ago, Hockey101 said:

Rick Tocchet was a great player not coach. first change has to be management they have a good coach. Rutherford has made a mockery of this organization an should be removed imediately

Hated him as a player, hated him as a coach

• Cheers 1

Just now, awalk said:

"What I’ve suspected all along is that Rutherford didn’t appreciate how challenging the cap was going to be to unravel. From the outside, it was hard to appreciate."

Really? Bexause it seems pretty easy to appreciate and I don't work in hockey ops.

Not only that, it was easily solvable.  They chose to complicate it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

"What I’ve suspected all along is that Rutherford didn’t appreciate how challenging the cap was going to be to unravel. From the outside, it was hard to appreciate."

Really? Bexause it seems pretty easy to appreciate and I don't work in hockey ops.

It is a bad sign that there are many of us complete yahoos that seem to actually have a better record of judgement than our last two regimes.

I wish this hire was a sign that we are going to bottom out, but I don't expect the hoped for exodus of contracts in trades for futures that should go along with it.  Frankly, it needs to be move as many players as possible this season and the offseason... anyone that can possibly be moved including Petterson, Hughes, or Demko who were previously the untouchable new core.  Most moves are going to have to wait until after next season when the cap is likely going to be making a large jump and teams will have money to spend.

Hopefully the PA and league come to an agreement to even out the cap raise and inject some money into it this coming year.  Right now it is planned as a $1 million rise and then probably $5 million plus the season after and another big jump the year after if you follow the calculation and estimated revenue.  I think there is a decent chance the PA agrees to make it a $2-3 million bump this offseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is a bad sign that there are many of us complete yahoos that seem to actually have a better record of judgement than our last two regimes.

I wish this hire was a sign that we are going to bottom out, but I don't expect the hoped for exodus of contracts in trades for futures that should go along with it.  Frankly, it needs to be move as many players as possible this season and the offseason... anyone that can possibly be moved including Petterson, Hughes, or Demko who were previously the untouchable new core.  Most moves are going to have to wait until after next season when the cap is likely going to be making a large jump and teams will have money to spend.

Hopefully the PA and league come to an agreement to even out the cap raise and inject some money into it this coming year.  Right now it is planned as a $1 million rise and then probably $5 million plus the season after and another big jump the year after if you follow the calculation and estimated revenue.  I think there is a decent chance the PA agrees to make it a $2-3 million bump this offseason.

It seems the incompetence is so bad that the Canucks are now HOPING for the league to save them.

Coaching is the only, position Francesco hasn't done and he should be man enough to coach the roster, he helped build up...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Provost said:

According to the reports he has been hired and has given his notice at TNT.  The report was that he was likely hired 10 days ago when JR and Aquilini met him in Vegas.

Another shitty move by this regime if true.  At least have the class to fire Boudreau and use an interim for the next few weeks.  Don’t let him hear all these reports while still trying to get the team to win.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/mid-season-change-rick-tocchet?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1PJ4iq6zsgYC_XVAvKJeq9V_x5doM2SuOO9YeVZU9RZvcpBAkgkr1adUA&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#Echobox=1673795941

I used to curse the Eastern media and its crap takes on the Canucks. Now, I agree.

Edited by rekker