The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I dunno... Im so over Brock. 

I feel like canucks are just trying to increase his value in an effort to trade him. They are giving him every chance to succeed. Lots of plays died on his stick today and Petey definitely does not look as dangerous when Boeser is on his wing. 

There's no reason why Kuz should have been taken off Petey's wing. He is a much better player than Boeser. 

One thought that occurred to me today is the canucks want to see whether Kuz can play at a 6m level without getting carried by Petey. So they stuck him with studnicka. Kuz then comes up with a key assist on bear's goal and is still effective on a different line. Boeser also ends up coming up big with the tying goal increasing his value. It was a win win. 

Boeser is completely ineffective when he is stuck playing with guys like studnicka and dries so until he's traded, they're going to stick him with Petey and give him pp1 minutes. 

Why do we do this?  Brock had a good game, yet we need to make excuses on why he had a good game.  Petey should be petey regardless of who he plays with.  If he's not looking like himself, then shouldn't the blame be put on himself not others?

If Boeser is ineffective playing with Studnicka, but Kuzmenko can play and make the line effective, wouldn't you do that instead of making a line ineffective?  I believe that is called good coaching.  Instead, we make arguments saying how Kuz should be on the line, because Boeser is paid too much.  SMH.

I don't know about you, but from what I saw, Boeser didn't make the play die on his stick, he had chances tonight, especially in OT too.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

Never say never;

john-wayne-grinning-face-992d73fui125i4i

NEVER ! 

They dropped even further from 000.9 to 000.6 from the last game - despite their win tonight.    Less than 1% chance !

You have better odds winning the Lotto-Max jackpot than the Canucks making the playoffs this year.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Yup he’s been good. People pilling on him cause that’s what they do. But he’s a bit faster out there and has been getting good chances along with the points 

Thought he looked laboured in the beginning of the game, but yes he tried a power move that didn't come off, but that was as if he want to do it as well... Hope for Brocks sake, that he can find the melody again... We all know that he can do it...

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Yup he’s been good. People pilling on him cause that’s what they do. But he’s a bit faster out there and has been getting good chances along with the points 

I criticize him but he does have more and more shifts where he's skating much better and getting to pucks faster.  

I actually think that he'd be an excellent "reclamation" project for someone, and could be a yearly 30 goal scorer on Arizona, Anaheim or Nashville for the next 5 years to come.  

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I haven't been watching the scouting reports, but the announcers at the WJC said he's had a very disappointing year. Considering his team was relegated to a lower league, instead of playing against quality grown men as Petey did, he's playing against similar competition and not impressing anybody.

Oh, and on another down note, we are not getting Bedard. Watch, even if we finish dead last, we'll get New Jerseyed or Rangered in the draft lottery. Canucks luck; I don't recall the last time the team moved up in the lottery; has it ever happened? The lottery is a joke; it punishes teams who are legitimately bad and need help and rewards teams that don't need the help.

I'm losing hope, and I've been a fan since the inception of this franchise. Now in these times of tight caps, the good players will sign for less money in low tax states like Nevada, Florida, and Washington so those teams will always have the upper hand or in major media markets like New York and LA. The Canadian teams have no chance against that. A rebuild of this franchise with Canuck luck won't happen. The current talent pool is thin beyond Pods and Hogs. And even when a team does a rebuild and spends the money on good coaches, gets the number one pick, and signs a big-name free agent, it's no guarantee of success; I point you to the hated Leafs and Oilers. The Leafs, in particular, is a team one or two years away from tearing it down again. The only way a Canadian team can win is to build from the net out, play a really dull lockdown defensive game, and have incredible luck with a few diamond in the rough type players and injuries.

Maybe what's depressing me is all the tank talk, I hate it. I'm turning 60 later this year and I'm convinced we're never going to win a cup.

I agree Lekkerimakï has struggled since his draft.

I believe he is still recovering from Mono?

There is no straight trajectory for NHL prospects, he's also 18 for another 6 months. 

patience, ice time, repetition and the gym and he will be ready in a few years.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Still rooting for my team. They haven’t given up in any games that I’ve watched. My boy JT keeps showing up and Petey and Kuz are dynamite. We will still pick in the top 10 so might as well give the team support. Nice win fellas. 

Yeah, JT's quietly been flying over the last two weeks.  A big segment of our fanbase and media is magnifying all his mistakes, however they do have a point in the sense that he's had some bad backchecks.  

I want to keep Kuzmenko for the sake of Petey.  Those two could become a very very dynamic duo.  If you put a great shooter on that line (Pederson, Podkolzin next year, McDonaugh perhaps in the future), you could have the modern West Coast Express 2.0 with extra truculence replaced with extra playmaking ability. 

8 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Why do we do this?  Brock had a good game, yet we need to make excuses on why he had a good game.  Petey should be petey regardless of who he plays with.  If he's not looking like himself, then shouldn't the blame be put on himself not others?

If Boeser is ineffective playing with Studnicka, but Kuzmenko can play and make the line effective, wouldn't you do that instead of making a line ineffective?  I believe that is called good coaching.  Instead, we make arguments saying how Kuz should be on the line, because Boeser is paid too much.  SMH.

I don't know about you, but from what I saw, Boeser didn't make the play die on his stick, he had chances tonight, especially in OT too.

Boeser is a classic passenger. 

He needs everyone around him to do the work. I don't want any players on this team that can't pull their own weight anymore.

If we are gonna lose guys like Horvat while we have Boes signed for over 6m, it's a travesty. 

And by your logic would it be good coaching then if we put Petey with Joshua and Lockwood? I mean he'd make that line better? 

Kuz in place of Boeser on Peteys line would produce more points both for himself and generate more goals for the line. 

I would rather have Kuz on that line and Pearson on the 3rd line with Studnicka and Dries rather than lose Kuz because we have Boeser signed instead. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Boeser is a classic passenger. 

He needs everyone around him to do the work. I don't want any players on this team that can't pull their own weight anymore.

If we are gonna lose guys like Horvat while we have Boes signed for over 6m, it's a travesty. 

And by your logic would it be good coaching then if we put Petey with Joshua and Lockwood? I mean he'd make that line better? 

Kuz in place of Boeser on Peteys line would produce more points both for himself and generate more goals for the line. 

I would rather have Kuz on that line and Pearson on the 3rd line with Studnicka and Dries rather than lose Kuz because we have Boeser signed instead. 

I would if you're double shifting Petey which BB doesn't do enough of IMO.  2nd, Pearson is out for the season so how are you going to put him on the 3rd line?  If I were making the lines, I would really put back the Petey, Mik, Kuz line.  But hey, I'm not the coach.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

I would if you're double shifting Petey which BB doesn't do enough of IMO.  2nd, Pearson is out for the season so how are you going to put him on the 3rd line?  If I were making the lines, I would really put back the Petey, Mik, Kuz line.  But hey, I'm not the coach.

I was talking about next year. 

Rather than losing Kuz this deadline and having Boeser back next year, I would rather keep Kuz, and lose Boeser and have Pearson go on 3rd line. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I was talking about next year. 

Rather than losing Kuz this deadline and having Boeser back next year, I would rather keep Kuz, and lose Boeser and have Pearson go on 3rd line. 

Well that's up to management now if they keep Kuz or trade him.  If he isn't signed by the deadline, I'm pretty sure they will trade him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I criticize him but he does have more and more shifts where he's skating much better and getting to pucks faster.  

I actually think that he'd be an excellent "reclamation" project for someone, and could be a yearly 30 goal scorer on Arizona, Anaheim or Nashville for the next 5 years to come.  

He’s also tough as nails. Spends a lot  of time in the gym from what I’ve read as well. Get over his paycheck and he’s a solid nhl player. Just not a top pairing guy. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

BB decides how they play the pk.  Yeo gives the orders, but they from BB originally.

Oh sorry, didn't know you were in the room.  According to the article, it's Yeo and Cull that run the PK.  I don't know where you get your information from.  I've shown an article, you are just shooting from your mouth.

10 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

He’s also tough as nails. Spends a lot  of time in the gym from what I’ve read as well. Get over his paycheck and he’s a solid nhl player. Just not a top pairing guy. 

I think under the right situation Boeser is an asset. 

He'd be a good triggerman on a line with 2 playdrivers. But then he'd have to get paid accordingly as a beneficiary of his linemates. 

I thought Miller Pearson and Boeser line was decent previously. For that to work though, Miller needs to play a smart 2 way game and Boeser needs to move his feet. 

• Vintage 2