The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

It wasn't public until the media session. It was leaked by Friedman then came the media session when JR was asked. JR couldn't lie and said he wasn't talkign to any candidates. If he said he didn't and then Bruce gets fired that would look even worse on him. 

Two words "No comment".

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

What if you're playing 5D chess and you feel the #6 slot is luckier than #5? What then ... :lol:.

I like the odds from 5-8. They go 8.5%, 7.5%, 6.5%, 6.0%. All very close and we'd have a very similar chance as these teams in both the #1 draw, and the #2 draw. That said there could very well be a gem at 5-8 as well. It'll be very interesting to see how the prospects finish down the stretch. I think we have to be going for a center unless someone jumps up the table.

Yeah for sure, being in the top 10 definitely helps and there are some very good players available. Odds are, the Canucks lottery luck HAS to change at some point, doesn't it?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Unfortunate sequence of hires.  AQ hired Bruce first then JR.  

But I'm glad Bruce was part of this team. Made last season a memorable one. 

I love Bruce as a coach. He brought a lot of fun after years of Green's 1-0 / 2-1 games. Bruce also reignited Petey's game (directly/indirectly).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

Saying 'no comment' is no different from what JR said the other day. Anyone with logical sense would know that means you are being fired. 

Nope "no comment" means "there might be changes coming but I'm not going to kick my coach in balls in front of all of you".

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

You’ve missed nuckins entire point  of Jim Rutherford had he had an ounce of class it wouldn’t have been a media issue.like at all !  But the stupider part would be comparing a roster announcement to that. Gotcha. 

how is that stupid? All i am saying is media can find a way to find leaked information.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Full interview:

this is such a joke and a big time black mark on this team, Bruce is one of the most liked and well respected coaches in the game and they way Rutherford and Alvin have treated him is disgusting and disrespectful. This will have so many repercussions from agents that will tell their clients to avoid this clown show of an organization, we have become the oilers pre Mcdavid and it’s only going to get worse from here 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

You’ve missed nuckins entire point  of Jim Rutherford had he had an ounce of class it wouldn’t have been a media issue.like at all !  But the stupider part would be comparing a roster announcement to that. Gotcha. 

what is 'stupider' is we all know Bruce is getting fired and media is still storming to ask him these silly questions.

Edited by mordekai
  • Like 1

Likely the 2nd to last (maybe 3rd last) game for Bruce as rumor is he'll be fired early next week.   Feel so bad for this guy, used like a carpet by Ruthrford and treated like doggie-doo!    What a classless way to go down!   

Not surprised when you have a Leaky Condo Construction Contractor running things and JR, who has not been very impressive to start after all the hoopla by Aqua-lini!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, mordekai said:

what is 'stupider' is we all know Bruce is getting fired and media is still storming to ask him these silly questions.

For years, I was always under the impression that 'Girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider'

Childhood was all a lie.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mordekai said:

how is that stupid? All i am saying is media can find a way to find leaked information.

If Rutherford doesn’t open his big mouth which actually accomplished nothing. It WOULDNT have been an issue. Plain and simple !!  During the same presser he admits to offering horvat with prior performance and excludes this year. You do realize he’s diminishing his own asset. But you failed to realize both so it comes as no surprise about your comments 

bruce only can do so much with what hes got, he had crap goaltending all year and as usual crap def, what else can he do? if we traded a forward or two and got better D, things would be different. i feel for bruce, but i know he will get a better job elsewere were he is treated alot better than how the canucks treated him

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

If Rutherford doesn’t open his big mouth which actually accomplished nothing. It WOULDNT have been an issue. Plain and simple !!  During the same presser he admits to offering horvat with prior performance and excludes this year. You do realize he’s diminishing his own asset. But you failed to realize both so it comes as no surprise about your comments 

Ok sure Mr Cherry. Says all i need to know about you.