The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

36 minutes ago, BPA said:

The sad thing is that we know it’s not (at least not all) Bruce fault for the season.  All of CDC were wanting to upgrade the D last summer.  That never happened.  Last game was a prime example of a bad D core.

Better assistant coaches too.

Most of us were not too thrilled with the Yeo and Cull hirings. And not upgrading King despite a very inconsistent powerplay was yet another oversight.

But I still mostly blame Aquilini. He is interfering no matter how many managers say that he’s not. It’s quite obvious what his directives are. And despite spending on the team, he cheaps out in a lot of other crucial areas.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

The big issue last season was the D, zone exits and structure. The Canucks have played 44 games this season so far and opponents have scored 5 or more goals in 20 of those games! That's really bad. 

And again, the big issue this year is the D, zone exits and structure. Bruce, although very well liked, did not coach this team well. 

I hope the Canucks win tonight, and sweep the season series against the Avs, and get a win for Bruce. 

• Vintage 1

Man I just got choked up thinking about this…

Bruce’s last game tomorrow, the boys get a good hard fought win for him.

Time to hand out the belt, and whoever has it stands up, hands it to Bruce and thanks him. 

A round of applause and a nice handshake line. :(

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, b3. said:

I don't think I have seen anything like this. For Rutherford being so "experienced" he has completely botched this, and shown nothing but unprofessionalism. It is absolutely brutal how Bruce has been treated.

You can't even blame Allvin, he is just a puppet and a placeholder. Rutherford is the lunatic in charge.

tumblr_o1y92zmhMS1ultu3qo1_1280.jpg

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Full interview:

@Goal:thecup you asked me in a previous thread why I’m embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise right now. It’s this crap right here where a management team has completely hung out a well respected individual to dry with no support and repeatedly sewerd him in front of the media which is classless and pathetic from an organization that ironically enough prides itself on, you guessed it, class. 

At the end of the day Bruce is still human and has feelings too. The way he has handled this inexcusable, passive aggressive treatment from management is admirable and I wish him all the best when the inevitable happens. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The big issue last season was the D, zone exits and structure. The Canucks have played 44 games this season so far and opponents have scored 5 or more goals in 20 of those games! That's really bad. 

And again, the big issue this year is the D, zone exits and structure. Bruce, although very well liked, did not coach this team well. 

I hope the Canucks win tonight, and sweep the season series against the Avs, and get a win for Bruce. 

The D Core is horrible one of the worst in the league, that’s on previous management and Rutherford. That’s not on Bruce he’s coaching with what he has been given 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Man I just got choked up thinking about this…

Bruce’s last game tomorrow, the boys get a good hard fought win for him.

Time to hand out the belt, and whoever has it stands up, hands it to Bruce and thanks him. 

A round of applause and a nice handshake line. :(

They should keep the belt as a memory of his lasting contribution.  Not unlike hard hats etc that many teams use. 

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This organization is an absolute dumpster fire. 

These are dark days

Painful watching Bruce treated this way and seeing him struggling as he’s tries to answer questions. More than a little ironic that tonight the team celebrates Hockey Talks. Men’s mental health awareness is very important to the club but apparently Bruce’s…well, not so much.

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

My faith in JR, which was fairly high to begin with, has steadily waned. Starting with the BB, Miller, and Mikaev signings, and progressing on through his bleatings to the media about this that and the other things. 

Failure to get some help on our leaky defence, Pk, and in the assistant coaches is 100% on JR.

The only thing that was overlooked was that they somehow forget to let Ian Clark walk.

Tired of hearing JR throw Bruce under the bus. Show some class and accept responsibility for your own shortcomings JR. Start earning your paycheque.

ps. No to reclamation projects. Been there, done that. :angry:

What shakes my confidence in him is when he got here he said "minor surgery" now he says "major surgery. He also says it's proving very difficult to move out bad contracts. How on Earth could he not have seen that coming? It's not a mystery what the contracts are they are all on various sites. And he's supposed to have kept his ear to the ground so to speak. So how could he have misjudged the situation he was getting himself into so badly?

He's starting to look like a hockey version of Grandpa Simpson.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2