The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, AngryElf said:

The game is for the fans, and we have absolutely nothing to be excited about. Our fan favourite coach is being kicked out the door in embarrassing fashion, our captain is being dealt retroactively after Miller’s deal, and the team just sucks overall after a decade of sucking. How’re we supposed to spend our money on a product this bad? 

I’ve been a diehard since I was 6, I’m not the problem here. 

ya the 'either you're a fan or you aren't' is an awful take. Been on these boards since 05 and this is a low point.  Its one thing to be miserable and another thing to be downright disrespectful to person after person.

SELL THE TEAM FRANK.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

This is worse. Horvats younger than linden was when he was moved out. If you throw miller into the picture that’s 7 more years. Whereas messier was only signed for 3 yrs. the tochett/Keenan comparison hasn’t played out but everything preceding it if it happens will hurt the org in future search’s for quality coaching staff. 

I'm starting to think they'll be spreading his ashes before the end of Miller's contract.

JR is demented.

(Pass it on.)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I have never seen the sports world so upset at a hockey coaches firing in my life. Everyone's piling on the Canucks right now, they're a despised organization. I don't get it. Bruce knew all along he wasn't going to be the coach for long, but yet he has the whole league's media and fans crying for him. It's weird. 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have never seen the sports world so upset at a hockey coaches firing in my life. Everyone's piling on the Canucks right now, they're a despised organization. I don't get it. Bruce knew all along he wasn't going to be the coach for long, but yet he has the whole league's media and fans crying for him. It's weird. 

It’s hurts us fans more knowing how much of a sweetheart that he is

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I really hope Bo takes the offer. He is the capitan. I know his agent thinks he is money money money but all of us canucks fans know he aint no pavel bure. But he is a solid guy. He will be a Trevor Linden to the team, maybe not this year but geez, we have all kinda talent. get rid of Myers and OEL to get cap

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You understand it’s not why and it’s how!!! Both knew it wasn’t long term, but it doesn’t mean you disrespect your coach / treat your coach like s***!! That’s why people are upset! 

Especially given it’s not his fault / he’s a great coach / guy! 

Edited by IRR
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am confused and conflicted!!! I want them to lose for Bedard but want them to win for Bruce. Watching his media interview close to tears I am absolutely disgusted by how this management group and lame as* owner has treated him. He"s a class act, has one of the best coaching records in the game and deserved better. I mean I get that maybe they want a different style of coaching but for heavens sake they could/should have waited for the end of the season. We ain't making the playoffs if they brought Scotty Bowman in. I'm embarrassed by this organization!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

All this talk about coaching and what not is lame and boring. Who bloody cares about Bruce. He's well paid but he hasn't coached very well. This is not some massive tragedy that some are making it out as. The team is utter crap and he's coached through some of the darkest Canucks history in 40 years. I can't wait to turn the page.

You've outdone yourself with this one Zuke.  Just a shite post; I hope you eat it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s hurts us fans more knowing how much of a sweetheart that he is

Was it JR that hired the Pens’ coach (Sullivan) who got those back to back Cups?  I know Sullivan was a Torts assistant for a lot of years and a nasty piece of business.  

28 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

The game is for the fans, and we have absolutely nothing to be excited about. Our fan favourite coach is being kicked out the door in embarrassing fashion, our captain is being dealt retroactively after Miller’s deal, and the team just sucks overall after a decade of sucking. How’re we supposed to spend our money on a product this bad? 

I’ve been a diehard since I was 6, I’m not the problem here. 

keep deluding yourself. competitive athletes will compete for championships whether they get paid or not and whether there are people there to watch or not. 

The signing of miller before horvat , I wonder if that one on its own has hit Rutherford yet ? When all the crap he’s said about BB. And now the whole team needs major surgery, with all that he’s done and said, this old man has the worst case of self awareness I’ve ever seen. And I’m kinda old myself. :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1