The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Old news and a long time ago. This was 15 years ago. He made a mistake and paid the price. No need to demonize someone forever like that. Let’s just hope he does a good job coaching here. 

Bingo. Those with experience hiring also know it’s a prohibited ground of discrimination. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

From the article:

"Former NHL player Rick Tocchet has pleaded guilty for his role in running a multimillion-dollar illegal sports betting ring, but has denied placing any bets on hockey games."

meh.   So he was years ahead of his time.   :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

I am gonna checkout from watching any games at least for the rest of the season if not until JR and his buddies are kicked to the curb. It is one thing to hire people you know and another when it is this blatant that nepotism trumps meritocracy and human decency. 

Will still stick around cdc for the drama though. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Looks like the type of list you'd find in some sort of high-turnover Hole-Digging Construction Company run by inept people who make quick uneducated decsions because they don't have the skills or education to run things properly,  Oh Wait.............................

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Looks like the type of list you'd find in some sort of high-turnover Hole-Digging Construction Company run by inept people who make quick uneducated decsions because they don't have the skills or education to run things properly,  Oh Wait.............................

Used Car Lot with a lot of sketchy people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Bingo. Those with experience hiring also know it’s a prohibited ground of discrimination. 

Oh, so how come you all still run criminal record checks and pretty much deny employment if someone has a single conviction in their records? 

There is a reason why people tend to repeat crimes after getting out. 

2 hours ago, Devron said:

How did Jason King not get fired…. Again…

Because he doesn't do anything.  He's a lamp-post. On what grounds can you fire someone who did nothing wrong because they did nothing??????    It's completely logical .....in Canucks Land.

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Foote will love Schenn.

Probably hate Myers and OEL.

Both played well as recently as last season. I’m optimistic we can get more value from them, with better coaching.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

They've dug one Hell of a hole. :towel:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

But integrity and morals usually don't.

We'll see. I'm tired of negativity and now that I've put my thoughts on how Bruce was treated out there, I'm facing forward. I live by the hate/drinking poison and expecting someone else to die deal.

I will welcome the new "team" in and see what they do and, also important to me, how they do it.

Winning isn't everything to me...I want a team I can be proud of for how they conduct themselves too. Some don't care...winning at all costs. I do though...it's a personal thing. The Sedins didn't "win it all" but that doesn't take away what they are in my eyes. True champions in life. A guy raising a cup doesn't get a free pass from me...there's more to it than that. What kind of human being are you? That matters too.

But, cheers to the future...let's see what it holds.

I am disappointed to see Bruce go  and the way he did, but glad he knows the fans appreciated him (Hopefully some good comes from this)

I too don't like to hold on to worries or stress too long myself and like the analogy that It is like holding a small dumbell, holding onto it for a minute is no big deal, hold it for an hour your hand can begin to ache, hold it for a day your hand would become numb, The weight of the dumbell hasn't changed, but the longer you hold onto it, the heavier it becomes, worries and stress are just like holding that dumb bell, the longer you hold onto them the more it hurts you and paralyses you- Always remember to put the dumb bell down

The Canucks have been paralyzed for many years, maybe now they are living the George Costanza theory in doing the complete opposite of what they have always done?:rolleyes:

The last 4 yrs I have become less of a riveting fan and have it playing in the background unless it is a interesting game

I don't want to become like my friend who was a long time season ticket holder up until 2 yrs ago and lost complete interest in the Canucks

I understand the team is a mess, even JR said on our winning streak last year (with BB) that this team isn't what we think it is and we will probably need to take a step back after trading some players in order to go forward. I hope this all works out better than the way BB was handled though

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

A bit ahead of ourselves,  no?-_-

With the inevitable 'coaching change bump' in performance,  and possible Demko return,  we could very easily be drafting in the 10-15 overall range.   A perfect spot to keep the record of absolute mediocrity going strong!

I am pretty much actively wanting us to lose for the rest of this season. It's all i have left this season. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1