The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Aquilini is rich, so it's not that big of a deal. If anything, it's financial mismanagement that he can easily absorb as losses.

Don't know why Green was paid 2.75, but Boudreau was paid 2 M. Boudreau has so much more experience and winning pedigree than Green ever did and ever will. What the hell?

Green had already been a soldier in the org before made head coach. Maybe that’s worth the extra? Hard to say, in retrospect not though hah

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Yes, but it's just one country club atmosphere to another. The so-called apology that Rutherford made to Boudreau was very revealing about what he thought accountability was.

You can also see how this attitude is being passed down when Allvin directed the reporter to ask Rutherford about Boudreau instead of answering the question as a GM. Hilarious.

Totally do. All pro sports is one version of a country club, fraternity/sorority, family, etc or another. It’s about what your version of it and how’s its directed produces from those employed. Whatever was existing here before was not getting the job done. Change in this case is good because it forces exposure of what may have been the problems and at least offers a potential resolution to the current conflicts. One could argue more conflicts are just being produced by this group, but that’s the growing pains that surround any new mgmt team.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

This is a very good point and angle. However, I doubt Pods and Hogs are getting moved though. They are both very young players in management's timeline. Remember, they don't want a rebuild. They want a retool.

Personally, JR and Allvin are incompetent, but that's just me ranting.

They basically created a simulation of the players being traded to other teams under a new coaching staff and new system before the trade deadline to see if they will be successful before losing on trades 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Didn't Tocchet make a comment about top line guys playing too many minutes, doing everything from PK, PP, and 5 vs 5? I hope he's aware that EP, Bo, and QH are more than capable of doing that. Plus, they want the challenge to do that. The reason for this debacle is the guys that should be doing the PK aren't capable. Plus, the defense isn't capable at killing penalties.The Canucks let one of them go, Motte, and they haven't replace him at all. Mind you cap issues again have screwed this franchise for at least two more seasons.

Edited by johngould21

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Why don't we give these guys a chance before crucifying them.    Seems like damned if they do not.    Know if they DO then people will fall in line.   Slim odds of that.    So in the meantime why not be a good fan, and support the team.    Instead of freaking out.    

Agreed. Time to turn the page and see how this unfolds. 

• Cheers 4

You know, out of this mess, a casualty out of this was Trent Cull. This is a guy that has worked very hard from the AHL to here, and was abruptly pushed aside in this game of pawns.

I feel bad when I think about how he must feel.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You know, out of this mess, a casualty out of this was Trent Cull. This is a guy that has worked very hard from the AHL to here, and was abruptly pushed aside in this game of pawns.

Yeah, but...his PK :picard:

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Why don't we give these guys a chance before crucifying them.    Seems like damned if they do not.    Know if they DO then people will fall in line.   Slim odds of that.    So in the meantime why not be a good fan, and support the team.    Instead of freaking out.    

I'd love to share that chance with you. But, when the two at the top can't seem to get their stories straight, I'll have a tough time doing so. They might have been able to pass that nonsense off in Pittsburg, or Carolina, but not in a Canadian hockey market. Practice this morning is going to be interesting to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

True but we really have no clue about how good of a coach he actually was. I suspect Yeo was reporting to the cronies about what goes down in the locker room.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

But he wasn't very good at you know his job I was surprised when they brought him up from abby because he really wasn't doing much positive there.