The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So what is the plan for the canucks? 

If Bo all of a sudden says ok, I'll sign a 6.5 x 8.

What now? 

We need to miraculously shed cap by getting rid of Boeser, Myers at minimum to account for Miller Horvat and Kuz raises. 

So then we have a full cap team returning next year, all same players except now we are missing Boeser and Myers (while we probably needed to add assets) and possibly Schenn with no one  to replace them? 

How the heck do we get out of this (I can't even say mediocrity anymore) basement? 

Don't you think they have a pretty good idea already if Bo will accept their best offer or not? I don't see how or why Bo would all of a sudden change his asking price by millions last minute. And why would we have a full cap team next year? You missed an entire off-season of possibilities there, not to mention whoever they move at the deadline. If Bo, Boeser and Myers are gone that's $18 million right there, not counting money retained on Myers which might be $2-3m. There's a ton of scenarios that can play out in the 8 months between now and the start of next season. 

3 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Yeah fair enough but we cant suck for ever.  Retaining good assets at good cap is still important. Can't we get a second from someone else?

I sure hope so. Hopefully we can get a 2nd for Schenn. I also think a contender would have given us a late 1st for Kuzmenko, which I would have taken and ran.

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Sure, his growing experience in the North American game can cancel out nature's vial grip on the human body, I'm here for that argument. I'd also counter point that being a rookie has helped him immensely due to lack of scouting even though he has a developed game.

The factor here is he's shooting at a nearly 25% rate, which is probably a good 10% higher then I expect him to be able to continue.

I also just don't see where the value is over the next 2 years. I hope I'm wrong, I truely do, but I just don't see this team being good in that time. Not sure where his value to the team long term outside cute dimples and good vibes come from.

It’s a good point about his shooting percentage. We will see what happens.

I really feared a long term signing here so I am greatly relieved that wasn’t the case. 2 years seems a much more reasonable risk to take. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We were trading Bo regardless.

They will likely look to bring a young center back in a deal.

They’ll also continue to look to trade Boeser, Pearson, and maybe Garland.

This signing doesn’t change anything.

it didnt have to happen like that, though. they could have found a way to keep miller,bo,ep40,hughes and demko and traded away the chaff.

maybe im over reacting... i like the contract, i like the player... but dang..... we are going to to get so much worse next year

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Bo signs for 6.5 you do it.

You continue to look for ways to dump Pearson, Boeser, Myers, OEL, and Garland. Reallocate that money towards the D.

If we trade players or don’t trade players we’re still likely bad next season. This would not change that.

The team would be lucky to lock Bo down for that. 

I hope so. 

Get rid of Miller first and foremost this year otherwise the team is stuck with that albatross. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Bad_BOI_pete said:

it didnt have to happen like that, though. they could have found a way to keep miller,bo,ep40,hughes and demko and traded away the chaff.

maybe im over reacting... i like the contract, i like the player... but dang..... we are going to to get so much worse next year

Depends how the trade deadline shakes out honestly and what we get back for Bo. Hopefully Petey can start winning more draws lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Depends how the trade deadline shakes out honestly and what we get back for Bo. Hopefully Petey can start winning more draws lol

well... its not off to a good start....

so far for next year we will be the same team minus bo and not have saved a dang penny on the cap.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yeah, I did that with mainstream news networks. Haven't watched any of that in over a decade. 

Must admit though, couldn't have let them all go without all you posters here on CDC.

Man, I have learned so much here; can't say you can't teach an old dog like me some new tricks.

• Like 1

F*** YEAH!!!!

I was just thinking to myself.....

Why do fans want this guy traded? He's one of 2 maybe 3 players who can "drive play". Pettersson, Kuzmenko, and Bo (at times).

Kuz has pure talent and skill. He can hold onto the puck and make plays.

Keeping him and keeping Pettersson happy is loads more important than a late first that won't see playing time for 3-4 years minimum.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1