The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

8 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

Benching and embarrassing someone is not teaching.  

How is it embarrassing him?

He was told how he needs to play and clearly the coach didn’t think he was doing it.

He’s no different than any other player he’s not gonna get special treatment. If he’s not willing to play within the system he’s gonna get benched. 

We had too many guys not buying in before. The worst thing we can do is to continue to let that fly.

• Cheers 3
  • elephant 1

12 hours ago, Claiborne55 said:

Benching and embarrassing someone is not teaching.  

He’s learning a new system and the coach is going to hold every single player accountable during the transition as he does teach them how the wants everyone to play his style. 

he needs full buy in and execution to sell what’s needed for winning nhl hockey and team identity 

kuzmenko goal is to improve and become the best player he can be. I doubt very much he’s embarrassed 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Kuzmenko is probably at his best when he can freewheel all over the ice with the puck, make some fancy moves and be creative, but Tocchet wants to reel him in and teach him to play the right way. I think Kuzmenko might struggle with this, learning how to play the game differently rather than by his own instincts. 

I'm wondering now if Kuzmenko could be moved. He's been evaluating the players since he got here and some players like Boeser, Miller, Hughes, Petey are excelling, while Kuzmenko doesn't seem to fit in like he used to. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko is probably at his best when he can freewheel all over the ice with the puck, make some fancy moves and be creative, but Tocchet wants to reel him in and teach him to play the right way. I think Kuzmenko might struggle with this, learning how to play the game differently rather than by his own instincts. 

I'm wondering now if Kuzmenko could be moved. He's been evaluating the players since he got here and some players like Boeser, Miller, Hughes, Petey are excelling, while Kuzmenko doesn't seem to fit in like he used to. 

Kuz Missile will have a dip in his production, but learn to play the right way if we are going to win. Then once he's learned, he will score the same as before and be a much better player, who helps us win in all situations. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Last night , and being “benched “ was more about getting Boeser ice time with Miler and Garland to get Brock’s confidence and points going.

it worked.

At the same time it was tough to break up that amazing 4th line of Aman, Joshua, DiGeusepie ..   I hope those boys can keep up that energy, emotion, and aggressive play.. none of those 3 lack any skill.

Kuzmenko is here to stay,  and if Tochett sits him for a shift, a period, or more,  it’s probably to benefit Kuzmenko.. who did look a little off after the back to back games,  something he hasn’t really experienced much of , or at all.

That 4th line brought back memories of the way 4 lines used to roll in the 80s 90s .

giver boys!

• Like 1