The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

53 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

They are going for a retool against most fan's wishes. 

We've toiled not even in mediocrity but below mediocrity since 2013

3 GM and 6 coaches later, here we are again for a retool. 

Like some have said here, this iteration of the team is the most suitable for a retool compared to the state of the team when the  2 previous regimes tried (empty cupboard, aging vets, no draft picks) 

I will sit and watch this attempt as this is the most credible management team to take on this endeavor. Moreover this is the best version of our team to undergo a retool with some key young stars in critical positions. 

If this one blows up, I honestly might join some others here and go find a new team to cheer for whether it be the kraken or God forbid... The flames... . I've been in AB for almost 2 decades and still bleed Canucks. I've been a fan since the Pavel Bure days @ the Pacific Coliseum and had season tix @ GM place when it was bure and almo.

Some of my highlights include watching our boys knock out the leafs enroute to the finals in 94. 

This ownership group is the most instant gratification child like group I have ever seen. 

Zero patience and just bull headed to the point where I've lost a lot of respect for the organization. 

Lets see how this one goes but I have a feeling most fans are probably at the end of their ropes. I know if a diehard like me is feeling like this, there are probably many more feeling the same way or have  already jumped ship. 

Not trading Miller last trade deadline was a miss

Not trading him this summer but rather signing him doubled down on that miss

Signing Brock to anything more than a 1 year QO was asinine

Not trading Kuz but rather re-signing him is a clear indication that they will follow through with their vision when they re-signed Miller last year which is to continue marching straight on despite the plan not looking so great. 

To trade Horvat while marching on with Miller, Boeser, Myers and OEL is beyond stupid but here we are. 

Post image

• Haha 2

I think too much fans are worrying about EP and his "willingness" to sign. That's not a concern if you offer up $10M+ the main issue for guys like EP isn't whether or not he likes the city it's the willingness of the city to pay $10M+ it's a buyers market not sellers.

Meaning there are tons of $10M players out there willing to play in any market that will afford them, if Vancouver pays $10M EP isnt going anywhere as is, so no need to do any further song and dance or further convincing.

Very good signing for the Canucks.  Kuze has such great chemistry with Pete and may even improve

during his tenure in Vancouver.  Besides, Kuze makes it easier to watch bad hockey.

Very likeable and humble man.  I'm liking the Russian additions to our team.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Very good signing for the Canucks.  Kuze has such great chemistry with Pete and may even improve

during his tenure in Vancouver.  Besides, Kuze makes it easier to watch bad hockey.

Very likeable and humble man.  I'm liking the Russian additions to our team.

Mikheyev, Kuz, Podz with Gonchar as assistant coach

Do you think we'll ever see tryamkin try again? 

• Vintage 1

Best news this year... although price is a little high... but its only a two year extension so they are ok if he goes flat.

Bad news is this means Horvat will likely not be back... they can't afford Kuzmenko's added 5.5 mil and Horvat too.

And while Kuz is a fine offensive player, he is not the complete package that Horvat is...not as fast, not as physical, not a center, doesn't bring the faceoff wins.