The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

7 hours ago, Tower102 said:

What do we think we could get for Beauvillier? 

We should learn from this Horvat trade and start trading at highs and not lows. Think we could get a first for Beauvillier 50% retained? Keep Boeser this year, keep putting him in spots to inflate his totals and bring his value back up before trading him next deadline when he's a rental and will have more suitors.

Lets also stop this nonsense of having to clear cap space. Unless we want to try and make the playoffs next year, we don't need cap space to add anyone in the offseason. So the trades where we get rid of Boeser or Garland for nothing except we get to have cap space makes ZERO sense right now (ie - Boeser for Dumba). Keep them till we can trade them with retained cap for something of value. 

No. Other GMs aren't giving a 1st for a player who has played well for 4 weeks. 2024 TDL very possible if he continues his strong play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Sabres and Wings look like they might be the last 2 wildcard spots. Wings have been on a heater since they beat us, and both teams have many games in hand. Good for our pick.

Buffalo and Detroit have 5 games in hand.  I think they get the last 2 playoff spots.  Pittsburgh and Washington are just about done and NYI are getting close with Barzal out.  Florida probably done as well unless they make a major move...

• There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Buffalo and Detroit have 5 games in hand.  I think they get the last 2 playoff spots.  Pittsburgh and Washington are just about done and NYI are getting close with Barzal out.  Florida probably done as well unless they make a major move...

I’m cheering for us to get the best pick possible from the Islanders. So whatever combination of other teams’ wins and Islander losses, that’s best for us, is what I want to see happen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BPA said:

He might want a big payday??  If he doesn’t re-sign by the TDL, I’d rather trade him than let him walk for free as a UFA.

AB is signed through next season though. I suppose he could be trade bait next season in not extended. 

Edited by rekker

22 hours ago, Tower102 said:

What do we think we could get for Beauvillier? 

We should learn from this Horvat trade and start trading at highs and not lows. Think we could get a first for Beauvillier 50% retained? Keep Boeser this year, keep putting him in spots to inflate his totals and bring his value back up before trading him next deadline when he's a rental and will have more suitors.

Lets also stop this nonsense of having to clear cap space. Unless we want to try and make the playoffs next year, we don't need cap space to add anyone in the offseason. So the trades where we get rid of Boeser or Garland for nothing except we get to have cap space makes ZERO sense right now (ie - Boeser for Dumba). Keep them till we can trade them with retained cap for something of value. 

Ten mill in freed upp cap space as long as we’re not aimong high.

One of Bennings worst mistakes was to spend all cap so his hands were tied. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, myre said:

He is buying at a time when interest rates are quite high. Hopefully he does all right.B)

Yeah I'd advise him to wait for better rates. Buying a house now is stupid, it's not like he has 68 million dollars in guaranteed income in the next 8 years or anything like that.

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2023 at 1:41 PM, BCNate said:

My bold prediction for this deadline is that Buffalo loads up.  They have all their picks, a loaded farm , and no bad contracts with term.  

My bold prediction is that Buffalo and Detroit to make the playoffs. 

Buffalo is actually pretty good these days. High end talent with size and skill. Decent depth. Even Mittlestadt is turning his career around and is becoming a solid middle 6 player.

1 hour ago, myre said:

He is buying at a time when interest rates are quite high. Hopefully he does all right.B)

Seems like he’ll have quite a bit of extra cash available to buy a house in New York after he sells his house in Vancouver…

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/former-canucks-bo-horvat-home-for-sale

Former Canucks captain Bo Horvat is selling his luxurious Vancouver home (PHOTOS)

Former Vancouver Canucks captain Bo Horvat is selling his home for a pretty penny, having been listed for $5.599 million.

The median home price in Elmont, New York, where the New York Islanders play, was $649,000 in January. While Horvat might miss the team and his fans, he probably won’t miss Vancouver home prices.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Seems like he’ll have quite a bit of extra cash available to buy a house in New York after he sells his house in Vancouver…

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/former-canucks-bo-horvat-home-for-sale

Former Canucks captain Bo Horvat is selling his luxurious Vancouver home (PHOTOS)

Former Vancouver Canucks captain Bo Horvat is selling his home for a pretty penny, having been listed for $5.599 million.

The median home price in Elmont, New York, where the New York Islanders play, was $649,000 in January. While Horvat might miss the team and his fans, he probably won’t miss Vancouver home prices.

Well I'm happy it looks like he might be able to save a dollar or two.B)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, myre said:

No. Other GMs aren't giving a 1st for a player who has played well for 4 weeks. 2024 TDL very possible if he continues his strong play.

If you look at what teams have traded a 1st for at the deadline in the past, a late 1st is not far off for a guy like him at only 2m that can play in all situations for a contender.

22 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

If you look at what teams have traded a 1st for at the deadline in the past, a late 1st is not far off for a guy like him at only 2m that can play in all situations for a contender.

I wouldn't disagree with you if he had done it longer than 4 weeks

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He certainly got out of Vancouver pretty quickly.  That house is completely vacant and staged.  He couldn't get out of Vancouver quick enough and move back east.  Pretty telling if you ask me...

I'm not going to slag Bo he was a great Canuck!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He certainly got out of Vancouver pretty quickly.  That house is completely vacant and staged.  He couldn't get out of Vancouver quick enough and move back east.  Pretty telling if you ask me...

He just signed a long-term contract.  He probably has another place in Ontario for the summer too.  Not sure why he wouldn't sell quick here.

1 hour ago, myre said:

I wouldn't disagree with you if he had done it longer than 4 weeks

If he was doing what he is doing now for longer than 4 weeks he would fetch more than a 1st without retention. I think the 4 weeks has shown teams that if they can put him with two skilled guys he can produce with them. I can undertand if he isn't quite worth a first, but also think he would be worth more than a second at 50% retained. Maybe him and Schenn could fetch a 1st, and 4th or something. 

3 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

If he was doing what he is doing now for longer than 4 weeks he would fetch more than a 1st without retention. I think the 4 weeks has shown teams that if they can put him with two skilled guys he can produce with them. I can undertand if he isn't quite worth a first, but also think he would be worth more than a second at 50% retained. Maybe him and Schenn could fetch a 1st, and 4th or something. 

Let's put it this way. If you're right, I'll be your biggest fan haha.