The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, HKSR said:

If I were a betting man, I think Florida is more likely to be the odd man out considering they have Carolina in game 82 vs NYI playing Montreal.

This would be my guess as well. Florida hasn't been good defending this year and Carolina wants to win for higher seeding. As much as I would enjoy watching the Isles miss, I don't think the odds are good for Florida. Bob would need to stand on his melon and hope it's enough for at least OT. They have the tie breaker on the Isles.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

This would be my guess as well. Florida hasn't been good defending this year and Carolina wants to win for higher seeding. As much as I would enjoy watching the Isles miss, I don't think the odds are good for Florida. Bob would need to stand on his melon and hope it's enough for at least OT. They have the tie breaker on the Isles.

Yeah they really blew it tonight.  Not for a lack of trying though.  40+ shots... credit to Samsonov for stealing it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

This is also a completely new atmosphere for Horvat. New linemates, building chemistry, learning systems, different utilization, learning teammates tendencies, as well as getting used to understanding East coast teams style of play etc.

More excuses. Beauvillier has had no troubles adapting. How is Bo dodging any responsibility for anything? Lol. I swear this guy could punt a baby and y'all would blame someone else.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

15 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

IF WE HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO SIGN BOTH MILLER AND HORVAT WE WOULD'VE DONE IT

I honestly don't get how people can be this dense.  Christ.

We've also had cup-winning coaches/managers in the past.  Benning has cup ring.  Torts has a cup ring.  Crawford has a cup ring.  MIKE KEENAN has a cup ring.

Now now Bob don't get your blood boiling there Champ. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you think we were good in the physicality and effort, game in and game out over the past few years who's the "Dense" one? ::D

Cheers my friend.

Hard to deny that Horvat has not lived up to his new contract but the signing is as much on the Islanders management as it is on Horvat and his agent. That team and his contract will not age well but who can blame him for signing that contract when that kind of money and term is offered.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I can respect this take compared to the ignorant gloating you and Sam have taken too. I’d have no problem with your takes if it was more like this. 

The constant shitting on him is unnecessary and petty. 

If you come at me and want to discuss civilly I have no problem with that. When the name calling comes out and belittling? I draw the line.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Hard to deny that Horvat has not lived up to his new contract but the signing is as much on the Islanders management as it is on Horvat and his agent. That team and his contract will not age well but who can blame him for signing that contract when that kind of money and term is offered.

This, anyone who thinks Bo would say actually Lou I’m a 6.5-7 mill player is beyond delusional. 

Even poster boy for taking less money to be competitive Nathan MacKinnon took the bag. 

• There it is 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Obviously more production would be nice but not like he was invisible out there. 

I just find it hard to make excuses at the end of the day. Either you make a difference or you don't. Like I said, I see what a guy can do when the pressure is on. Does he have the ability to go "Beast Mode"? or not, especially if the team makes you one of the highest paid player on the team.

Just now, EdgarM said:

I just find it hard to make excuses at the end of the day. Either you make a difference or you don't. Like I said, I see what a guy can do when the pressure is on. Does he have the ability to go "Beast Mode"? or not, especially if the team makes you one of the highest paid player on the team.

He has done that before though so that is moot. He was hands down the best player in the series against St Louis. And numerous other games here. Ignoring that history doesn’t change the fact he’s done it. ::D

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

I really do think Bo had mixed feelings about leaving the Canucks and is having a hard time adjusting to his new team and its style of play. He did a lot for the community while he was playing here and some people tend to forget that fact very quickly.

I don't think a guy having trouble leaving somewhere takes shots at that city.

Wow just let it go. Bo is gone.  He would've been fine if he kept his mouth shut.  Unfortunately he said something stupid and the fans who were impartial or in the middle now have a reason to pile on.  Again, not smart on Bo's part.  

His chances of missing the playoffs are high.  If he misses, karma is a b!Tch.  Next time, keep your mouth shut and keep it moving.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2