The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Feb. 09, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

You can already tell this team is better coached 

they have drastically limited high danger chances and the difference in the all around effort is night and day 

if this team just didn’t have AHL goaltending they wouldn't allow 5 goals a game 

Really highlights how much it was just fire-wagon hockey before.

Instilling this is the biggest thing for the end of the season.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Bo's too happy for my liking as an Islander, I don't like him, You did it to yourself! We will take this one but after tonight, Let the losing commence..

regardless of what you think of Bo, i dont understand comments like this.  "Bos too happy to be an Islander"  what do you want him to do cry?  Or say 'yeah id rather be in vancouver but ill do my best".    8.5 million to play in an international city, yeah im sure you wouldnt be happy Or at least say the right thing to your new team and the local media.

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Darius said:

regardless of what you think of Bo, i dont understand comments like this.  "Bos too happy to be an Islander"  what do you want him to do cry?  Or say 'yeah id rather be in vancouver but ill do my best".    8.5 million to play in an international city, yeah im sure you wouldnt be happy Or at least say the right thing to your new team and the local media.

I was being factitious, Chill..But not gonna lie. Not a huge fan of some of his post Canuck interviews but hey power to him.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Satiar Shar the Islanders might give us the pick even if it’s top 8 or 9. That’s why the Islanders kept that option. Reason why is they may prefer ti give us a top 8 pick versus giving us a 2024 pick that is not protected at all. They are probably looking at Florida and shitting their pants about risking it. 

Well yea and if it’s a top 10 pick I don’t know what makes them think they’re gonna get much better next season.

They’re not getting younger.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

I was being factitious, Chill..But not gonna lie. Not a huge fan of some of his post Canuck interviews but hey power to him.

i cant blame him, at the very least he needs to be a 'politician' to his new home crowd and media.

It’s almost like they are playing the complete opposite of how they started the season. Instead of going up and losing the lead they are falling behind and coming back. When Demko comes back you can already tell we are going to win some more games, guys are playing hard for Tocchet. 

11 minutes ago, Tinky-Winky said:

Thought we tanking for bedard? what happened

Still are.

Not gonna lose 30 games in a row. Tonight was a strategic win to improve our other 1st round pick.

We won the battle tonight but we’ll still lose the war!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

It’s almost like they are playing the complete opposite of how they started the season. Instead of going up and losing the lead they are falling behind and coming back. When Demko comes back you can already tell we are going to win some more games, guys are playing hard for Tocchet. 

It’s just a troll  job on us Canucks fans.  We’ll start 0-10 next year.

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Delia was awful. Come on, that is in no way a reflection of how they played.

The Isles didn’t lose because of poor goaltending they lost because they turned over the puck all night. Credit to our forecheck game tonight, it was elite.

And keep in mind, the Canucks scored 6 goals against a team/goalie, who had back-to-back shutouts. 

Is he an AHL goalie? Don't think so.