The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Feb. 09, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Maybe, just maybe, Rutherford was on to something about us playing more structured hockey... Just a thought, I suppose?

Well, filling lanes, blocking shots and finishing our checks, especially on the forecheck. 

I don't know if that's really structure per se but more like hard nosed hockey. We've added size which is great. 

I'd still like a bigger guy in for Dries. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Those numbers are crazy because I really thought a large reason for our high scoring was based on cheating and taking a lot of chances.

Turns out they can still create offense without giving up 30 grade A chances a night. Who knew?

Kuzmenko has 3 points so I didn't add him to the list.  Makes sense that Tocchet benched him last game.  He has half the points of Boeser...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzmenko has 3 points so I didn't add him to the list.  Makes sense that Tocchet benched him last game.  He has half the points of Boeser...

Boeser has earned his minutes, Kuzmenko has earned his benching. I see nothing wrong with Tocchett’s treatment of him.

Let’s not forget Boudreau was the one that healthy scratched him. If fans really analyze his game he’s one of the players still cheating to try and create offense.

Tocchett said last game there were 4 or 5 guys that were not valuing certain plays that he wants them to. Pretty easy to see what he’s talking about.

You have to get pucks deep when there’s not a play to be made. You have to not turn pucks over in the neutral zone. And you have to take a man when you’re coming back into your zone. These are fundamentals that every coach is gonna demand.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser has earned his minutes, Kuzmenko has earned his benching. I see nothing wrong with Tocchett’s treatment of him.

Let’s not forget Boudreau was the one that healthy scratched him. If fans really analyze his game he’s one of the players still cheating to try and create offense.

Tocchett said last game there were 4 or 5 guys that were not valuing certain plays that he wants them to. Pretty easy to see what he’s talking about.

You have to get pucks deep when there’s not a play to be made. You have to not turn pucks over in the neutral zone. And you have to take a man when you’re coming back into your zone. These are fundamentals that every coach is gonna demand.

Somebody asked him if one of those 4-5 guys was Kuzmenko.  Tocchet said yes.  He doesn't f*ck around.  He tells it the way he sees it...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Horvat for all the memories. Too bad management could never build a playoff team for ya, you’re a playoff beast. I enjoyed you as captain while you were here. Will always be a fan. I hope for the best for you with the Islanders, just maybe not for this year. 

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Somebody asked him if one of those 4-5 guys was Kuzmenko.  Tocchet said yes.  He doesn't f*ck around.  He tells it the way he sees it...

Yea and that’s important for players to know where they stand and what’s expected of them. Worst thing a coach can do is not communicate with his players.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Burroughs and OEL looked terrible 

OEL is terrible 

Yes, that is why we let in 5 goals.  Our forward group looks fine and will only get better.  We really need to fix that defence and either get bubble Demko back or trade him and sign Tristan Jarry in the summer...

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Petterson649 said:

Great win to show that Bo was a useless P.O.S. and canucks a better team now that he's gone. SUCK it Islanders, you're stuck with an 8 year contract for a career 60 point player.  

Now lose the remainder of the games and get us Bedard.

Oh and Allvin, you better be working your ass of your phone RIGHT NOW to trade Boeser after his 3 point night. I'm watching you.

Who's gonna tell him?