The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday February 15 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, Krinjer33 said:

I disagree man, as a goalie myself you want to be put in these positions.

You need to know what the next level is like. 
you need to know what level you are at compared to where you want to be. 

This is a good team vs a bad team and whoever is in net will not change that. 

he will learn so much from this game and be a better goalie for it in the long run. 

As a goalie myself, playing with the tire fire defense the Canucks have in front of you can destroy your confidence, feels like every shot goes in.  This isn't the line up to get those learning minutes with.  If this was at least a half decent defensively sound line up I'd agree but it isn't.

• There it is 1

Just now, J-23 said:

I just think it was unnecessary and wrong timing given the current position of the team and farm team.  

Unless there is something else going on behind closed doors like a potential Demko trade..

I agree but i guess it's not like anyone would blame him if he gave up 6 goals, as we do that on the regular.

4 minutes ago, Krinjer33 said:

I disagree man, as a goalie myself you want to be put in these positions.

You need to know what the next level is like. 
you need to know what level you are at compared to where you want to be. 

This is a good team vs a bad team and whoever is in net will not change that. 

he will learn so much from this game and be a better goalie for it in the long run. 

Totally. The goal is to play at top level. It’s never going to be an ideal situation and can’t insulate a rookie all the time if you want to get an idea of what they have in them. Timing does suck a bit with this D, but I have no doubt Silovs just sees this as opportunity across the board 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Didn't say it would destroy his career, but momentum is important, especially for goalies.  It was an unnecessary move

He was basically rewarded for playing well. He also got a fat cheque for playing a game in the NHL. Mountain out of mole hills man. Good for Silovs and good for the organization imo 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I just think it was unnecessary and wrong timing given the current position of the team and farm team.  

Unless there is something else going on behind closed doors like a potential Demko trade..

New regime needs to get a glimpse of as many assets in the pros as they can, especially when moving forward with restructuring 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I agree but i guess it's not like anyone would blame him if he gave up 6 goals, as we do that on the regular.

Hard to blame any of the goalies under this team. A team that had to go back to the very basics of defence last practice :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1