The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Konecny definitely needs a little "extra attention" next time for that very late little cheap shot on Petey.  We have to let the league know that that is a no-go.  Why do people think that they can get away with crap like that?  Oh yeah, because they can.  Nobody ever did that to Gretzky when Semenko was on the ice.  Just sayin'...  GCG!

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think he could be easily flipped at next year's trade deadline.  In terms of keeping Beau, that is a tough call.  You are looking at a $5 million a year deal for sure if he's going to UFA.  He's getting a Garland type contract for sure if he can put up 45-50 points next year.  Do we have space for him?  Depends.  I would say if we decide we want to keep him then Garland would have to go.  I would trade Garland to keep Beau 100%.  Also, depends on if we are keeping Miller at centre.  If we get lucky enough to draft one of the big 3 centres this year then Miller might move back to the wing, so one less spot for Beau.

Good news is we have Beau for one more year before we need to make any decisions...

The best thing with Beau is that career players  can give almost everything to come here playong with Petey and Hughes for the chance to get an 8.5 million conrract.

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

That's by 25....by then he'd already scored 1337 points (plus another 100 plus in the WHA as a 17 year old) ... 472 goals ...43 short handed lol.    His first ten years he outscored the second best by over 70 points... often a lot more that's the average .... and that included 130 Nilson, Yzerman and his linemate Nichols with 150 point seasons,  Stastny and Hawerchuk regularly scoring McDavid level ... Bossy ... and Mario.  

Maybe this Bedard kid has a level we haven't seen since Mario?  

My Gretzky moment was in '77-'78 U-18 Worlds. This 16 year old kid that weighed nothing but already had a rep thru all of hockey. Cannot remember the details of the game but Gretz came down the left side and let a slapper go from just inside the blue line. Of course he scored. I highly doubt he weighed 150 pounds. In that tourny he scored 8 goals + 9 assists = 17 points in 6 games. I couldn't take my eyes off him.  

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If he keeps this up, do we trade him or re-sign him? 

If we keep him, how much do we pay him? 

I don’t know yet I think if we are moving boeser and garland we keep him to a similar  level salary

but depends on how he continues to perform rest of the way here and what kind of offers we get and if we trade hoglander 

I like him though 

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Woke up, Hit the tankathon wheel of fortune once and we shot up to number 1. I'll take that as a sign.... I'll also take this kuz Pepsi and a banana on the bench thing as a sign as well. That whole clip was GOLD :lol:

I'm still trying to find the clip or gif of Torts watching the puck slide into the open net.