The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Sure, though the Pettersson line dominated them all game. Pettersson is just too strong of a player, thus it’s almost impossible to hit bottom 3. Bottom 5 is realistic but will still be tough. Which is why I’m preparing for the 6th or 7th pick, have to be realistic and not set myself up for disappointment 

Yup, he's clearly the heart of this team and it's main driving force alongside Hughes

Anyone who doesn't think this is their team going forward is out to lunch 

I agree though, probs 5-7 but we'd get a good player there 

Lottery pick is the dream, we need to sell 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:44 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks are undefeated since the tank emoji was introduced.

Hardest,…to tank at home.

They’re entertaining & I’m entertained. The bulk of their fans are pretty long-suffering & loyal. So, I’m relatively content to get some hopeful glimpses of a promising future. 

I just pray that our few new & young super-stars don’t lose, heart, hope, faith, determination & loyalty….any faster than we do! 

I suspect it’s been hard after trading away a core guy who’s been bleeding true Canuck-blue for nearly a decade. Clearly there’s a void to fill. Maybe a feeling of some rudder-lessness.

The revolving door of rostered-players will eventually slow, because team speed & team chemistry doesn’t form & stay dependably solid out of anything flimsy. 

Hey management!  Solve your  defensive personnel woes ASAP or EP will walk. Cast-off assets like Tanev, Edler, Motte & even Stecher were players all under-valued for their quality character & mentorship strengths - IMO. 

But, that’s the cheapest trick to deploy, trying to convince us & themselves that there’s always another dude who’ll do the same for less. However, character, relationships & personalities matter signifigantly, too. So when the mix seems right, it should be far more savoured…& tweaked not gutted. 

Also, beware of GM-pride like Jim Benning’s. He hung onto JV, for far too long, just because he was his 1st rounder & slow to launch. Whatever happened to also vetting players for intelligence, maturity, work habits, life-skills & the other intangibles?

Best of luck drafting for some of those things, next time, too! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Upvote 1

Great post game by Petey....

-  Nice to hear his view of the Captaincy.... tells us he would take the responsibility very seriously... not lightly.  Which is why he is considering the idea carefully.

-  Nice to hear he would like to do a longterm extension in Van... Rutherford:  GET IT DONE.

Game was  good one... although we really did not need the two points, it is important to get some wins and for the key guys to play well and feel good about themselves.

Silovs did not really have a great game, but he did get the win... he has good potential... but needs more time back in Abby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Woo, that was a fun game! I'll take the win...it was time for one. And I got to meet Ryp....got a big wet kiss on the cheek from him! He's adorable.

Who gave Petey a shot after his empty netter???

I saw that JT and Schenn were pissed about it.  Did they show it?

It was our old Captain’s cousin Travis Konecny

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1