The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Aatu Raty, Guillaume Brisebois; assign Phillip Di Giuseppe to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I disagree.

Its not just about being competitive it’s about building something year after year. 

It will be 5 years before that pick is ready to contribute in the NHL if they pan out. Hughes will be 28 at that point. How many average UFA signings or guys like Bear and Stillman are we going to continue to play him with?

We need to build up the D core through every avenue possible. Chychrun helps with that big time and doesn’t require waiting out almost all of Hughes prime years to do so.

If we could essentially turn the Horvat return into a 24 year old top 4 D man I think that makes sense.

I'd rather give Woo, Schenn and the NYI 1st for Brandt Clarke.

Telling the boys that you have to earn your call up and then calling up Raty is a bad look. There are a number of guys who have earned their call up, Raty isn't one of them.  I understand sending the pizza man down to avoid waivers but he's played good enough to stillbe in the NHL, feel bad for him.

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. If he's struggling in that league, moving him up makes sense how?

Gives him confidence the org believes in him. Gets him more familiar with the NHL guys. Gives him a taste. Chance to practice with the big club and future teammates.

Disadvantage? None. He sounded like he was struggling so bring him up and give him some attention from the top of the org. Maybe new access to our NHL coaches will help too.

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, Plaguez said:

Telling the boys that you have to earn your call up and then calling up Raty is a bad look. There are a number of guys who have earned their call up, Raty isn't one of them.  I understand sending the pizza man down to avoid waivers but he's played good enough to stillbe in the NHL, feel bad for him.

I think they’re worried that the main piece in their Horvat trade is already losing confidence and starting to fade.

Probably just trying to give him a confidence boost and getting him familiar with the big club coaches and players. I doubt he’ll be up long.

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t be against flipping Räty if it means bringing in a younger D man.

Would the Isles 1st, Räty, and a 2nd be good enough to acquire Chychrun?

what? so he can spend the next 4 years on IR? no thanks

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch it be Myers. Please let it be Myers!!!!

remember people, Myers only has a 10 team no trade clause right now...that means there are still 21 teams that he can be traded to 

• There it is 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This could be Breezers last chance to make an impression with the big club,.  

Raty , and his latest comments about his game,.   He is just being hard on himself ,.  I think we can appreciate any player who is constantly trying to be the best he can.… he might look pretty good on a line with a couple of vets. 

I think Tocchet wants to have a look at him.  The kid is surrounded by controversy due to the trade and

the team needs to know what they have with him.  At the very least, he will benefit from practising with

the team; learning the team structure, expectations and getting to know the other players.

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks need to do the right thing. Re-sign Schenn for 3 years.

A 3rd Round pick from a contender is garbage, player will probably never be an NHLer. Might as well keep Schenn, he's way more valuable than some mid-pick. 

And what if he’s asking for 2-3 mil?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And what if he’s asking for 2-3 mil?

I have a feeling Luke would re-sign in VAN at a reasonable salary. He might be most interested in staying in BC with his family. He's been making under a million for years, and to stay and play in VAN for 3 more years making $1.5 might make Luke happy. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

remember people, Myers only has a 10 team no trade clause right now...that means there are still 21 teams that he can be traded to 

He doesn't want to move anywhere, so maybe he gave 10 teams that he knows wouldn't want to trade for him ;)