The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Aatu Raty, Guillaume Brisebois; assign Phillip Di Giuseppe to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Odd. said:

Absolutely not. Keep the draft picks, keep Raty. Chychrun is great defenseman however we simply aren’t there yet to be acquiring someone of his calibre. Better to just stay the course.

We need young D men more than we need a third line center though. Chychrun is still 24 and a good age to rebuild our D around.

Sucks giving up a 1st but we’d likely be trying to acquire someone like Chychrun with that pick anyways.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t be against flipping Räty if it means bringing in a younger D man.

Would the Isles 1st, Räty, and a 2nd be good enough to acquire Chychrun?

When I saw he'd been called up I thought, someone wants to see him play. 

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We need young D men more than we need a third line center though. Chychrun is still 24 and a good age to rebuild our D around.

Sucks giving up a 1st but we’d likely be trying to acquire someone like Chychrun with that pick anyways.

Our team needs to dedicate a few years of simply not trading picks. We aren’t going to be competitive for a couple of years, and Chychrun isn’t going to be that piece that will suddenly make us more competitive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think everyone has missed the fact that we called up a defenceman, which means a Schenn trade is imminent...

That was my thought as well.

Probably a pretty good sign Schenn is gone before next game.

Or maybe it's Myers to TOR... Though after last night that sliver of hope has basically disappeared lol

• Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

This could be Breezers last chance to make an impression with the big club,.  

Raty , and his latest comments about his game,.   He is just being hard on himself ,.  I think we can appreciate any player who is constantly trying to be the best he can.… he might look pretty good on a line with a couple of vets. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Our team needs to dedicate a few years of simply not trading picks. We aren’t going to be competitive for a couple of years, and Chychrun isn’t going to be that piece that will suddenly make us more competitive. 

I disagree.

Its not just about being competitive it’s about building something year after year. 

It will be 5 years before that pick is ready to contribute in the NHL if they pan out. Hughes will be 28 at that point. How many average UFA signings or guys like Bear and Stillman are we going to continue to play him with?

We need to build up the D core through every avenue possible. Chychrun helps with that big time and doesn’t require waiting out almost all of Hughes prime years to do so.

If we could essentially turn the Horvat return into a 24 year old top 4 D man I think that makes sense.

• Like 1