The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Aatu Raty, Guillaume Brisebois; assign Phillip Di Giuseppe to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Gives him confidence the org believes in him. Gets him more familiar with the NHL guys. Gives him a taste. Chance to practice with the big club and future teammates.

Disadvantage? None. He sounded like he was struggling so bring him up and give him some attention from the top of the org. Maybe new access to our NHL coaches will help too.

Good point. Not like the team has anything to lose at this point......outside of a higher pick position.....

42 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

Telling the boys that you have to earn your call up and then calling up Raty is a bad look. There are a number of guys who have earned their call up, Raty isn't one of them.  I understand sending the pizza man down to avoid waivers but he's played good enough to stillbe in the NHL, feel bad for him.

Tocchet is here to evaluate the players available. I think the players know about that aspect. 

Räty is a perfect prospect to check how he think at high speed and how he handle instructions.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Does this move not have more to do with AHL playoff eligibility or PDG not needing waivers after 1 more game played? reseting his 10 game played clock before needing waivers? Podkolzin only got 8min last night, I would send him back to the A and bring up Lockwood for that kind of usage its best Podz develops with more ice time away from the bright lights down in the AHL

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

When JR and Allvin seen that, they were like 

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Private Raty reporting for duty, Sir! Yes Sir!

Honestly though I think it's waivers ... PDG needed to go down so why not call up Raty and give him a little boost after a rough start. By all accounts he hasn't been that bad but not getting any points. Could be just what the doctor ordered.

Edited by Gawdzukes

6 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Briseboises sure an improvemment on Stillman. I understand it's difficult to swallow your pride as to why they picked up Stillman in the first place but the management team look like chumps right now

If Brisebois was an improvement, he would be on the team, not Stillman. I've liked Stillman's game, he can play physical and makes good plays. He makes mistakes like every D on this team. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Brisebois was an improvement, he would be on the team, not Stillman. I've liked Stillman's game, he can play physical and makes good plays. He makes mistakes like every D on this team. 

Stillman is ECHL fodder. He's all over ice never hols  his position,  and drops his gloves, oh yeah When, certainly a lot less than Schenn or Boroughs 

Edited by Fred65

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks need to do the right thing. Re-sign Schenn for 3 years.

A 3rd Round pick from a contender is garbage, player will probably never be an NHLer. Might as well keep Schenn, he's way more valuable than some mid-pick. 

100% agree.  With the club seemingly moving towards a younger roster, is there a better guy to have as a mentor? 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. If he's struggling in that league, moving him up makes sense how?

it sounds like he is struggling more so off the ice with his transition to Abby since the trade. Couldn't hurt to have him around the team and getting some interaction with the coaches in Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I respect any player that says his game isn't good when it isn't good.

Raty is someone I'll cheer for.

And he's being overly hard on himself because the puck isn't going in.  He's been pretty good most nights

• Like 1