The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jonathan Quick, conditional 2023 1st-round pick, 2024 3rd-round pick to Blue Jackets for Vladislav Gavrikov, Jonas Korpisalo

Just now, Devron said:

Pits can suck it. They can’t have Demko 

Only if the price is right we have to be realistic about our competitor window and maximizing contracts I see a world where Jt and Demko it works but I also see one where it doesn’t and trading them tfor max returns now would be really helpful to rebuilding successfully around petey and Hughes 

we will see what happens and I’m optimistic things will go in our favour however that may be 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm an agent of chaos so I'm actually here for it. A mega trade of Demko/Miller to Pits could be a show stopper if they want to win Crosby another cup.

If they wanted to go all in and do chychrun miller demko 

I don’t know how they’d make the money work cause that’s a crap load of money going their way but they’d be all in all in in that hypothetical

world

i do think they are in after chychrun tho 

Just now, R3aL said:

Only if the price is right we have to be realistic about our competitor window and maximizing contracts I see a world where Jt and Demko it works but I also see one where it doesn’t and trading them tfor max returns now would be really helpful to rebuilding successfully around petey and Hughes 

we will see what happens and I’m optimistic things will go in our favour however that may be 

I agree. We have an elite forward, elite defencemen and goalie so im optimistic we can turn things around in a couple years. But also if the price is right you do what makes sense. The only thing that would be a true fail is trading Demko and not getting a Top goalie prospect back. We do not want to go down the road of the flames and oilers constantly trying to buy a starting goalie 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

That can really pull a group together before a playoff run :rolleyes:

Despite his decline in play I had the sense that he’s a real glue guy and mentor for the younger goalies there.

Hopefully this throws off their chemistry right before playoffs. Crappy way to send off a franchise legend like that.

• Upvote 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Kings trade Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st-round pick to Blue Jackets for Vladislav Gavrikov, Jonas Korpisalo