The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks File Trademark for Updated Skate Logo

Rate this topic

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

I believe this suggests that this new skate logo will be here a while, although most likely as a third jersey rather than a permanent one. 

That's what I was wondering too, or...are they preparing to bring back the (updated) Skate jersey permanently? 

I get the feeling that we're gonna hop on the 90s hype train and go full-time to the Skate. I wonder how many more years until it gets called the plate of spaghetti again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I get the feeling that we're gonna hop on the 90s hype train and go full-time to the Skate. I wonder how many more years until it gets called the plate of spaghetti again.

it will take secones AJ...social media has ruined the world!

1000% on full time logo change orca bay needs to go. New jersey to go along with new arena seats??

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

In 19 seasons with the Flying Skate we got to the Cup final twice.

In 33 seasons with everything else we got to the final once.

Let's go back to the winner.

As much as it hurts to say it i dont think “winner” is the best word to use in this case

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

In 19 seasons with the Flying Skate we got to the Cup final twice.

In 33 seasons with everything else we got to the final once.

Let's go back to the winner.

We've never won a cup no matter what Jersey.

Maybe we need to change the name?

25 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This is a money grab plain and simple.

To them, it's easier to get people's money by doing this, versus actually assembling a winning team. 

No question they see an opportunity to make money here for sure, though doing this and making a winning team aren't mutually exclusive.

That said, I'm personally tired of all the 90s hype these days. Every team and their mother has reverted back to their 90s jerseys. It's fun for a quick look back, but a permanent change is not something I'm interested in. I love the Orca design and mostly love that we have an actual stable identity. Changing main logos would just be going back to the eternally undecided identity-less franchise.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

This is a money grab plain and simple.

To them, it's easier to get people's money by doing this, versus actually assembling a winning team. 

I agree about the money part, but its also a distraction from the team's dysfunction.  This is Aquaman's classic MO.  Team reputation in shambles?  Make a big splash.  First it was Torts, then Linden, then Open Letter to the Season Ticket Holders, now 'new' jerseys halfway through season....etc.