The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Whoa, gotta disagree here brother....even Mike Milbury could get a good return for Quinn Hughes....

I don't know. Think about what he got for Luongo.

Man, getting Parrish back. Time to get excited about Parrish!

(Also, you got the drunk back. Austrailian whiskey turn out waaaaaay better than anticipated)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep which is why I was saying I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded an 8-10 pick for a young center or D man for the same reason.

Oh I agree.  If the 2023 pick turns out to be in the 8-10 range, I can totally see them trading it for another top 4 RHD to partner Hughes.  I think it's probably a guarantee at this point...

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Teams are taking us lightly again and Demko is having to shut down numerous grade A chances.

I really don’t see much difference between that and how we played down the stretch last season to be honest.

Demko is just playing like Demko again. It’s not sustainable for him to have to play like that over the course of a season again though.

Well at least bubble Demko is back.  That is a positive...

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Livingston is coming here. McDonnough is not. And Livingston is by far the better piece for us. It’s a win. 

Wrong Alf. They are both coming here. Livingstone has already told McDonnough how good the Kokanee beer is. He should know as his dad works in 5he brewery that makes it. Calm down. Everything will come to pass as it should. Even winning the draft lottery.

Tank on!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Wrong Alf. They are both coming here. Livingstone has already told McDonnough how good the Kokanee beer is. He should know as his dad works in 5he brewery that makes it. Calm down. Everything will come to pass as it should. Even winning the draft lottery.

Tank on!

Is it true the dental assistant who is friends with Livingstone said he isn't signing here?  I mean that could be the scoop of the year if true...

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

AM is a lw

I don't know enough about Livingstone, but he'd supplant eithr Scenn or JUulsen Id imagine

Four seasons of NCAA hockey with a top program. BC boy. Does he want to play for the Canucks? He played one season in the BCJH before NCAA. 

Just now, The Lock said:

(Also, you got the drunk back. Austrailian whiskey turn out waaaaaay better than anticipated)

Their wines are pretty good too.....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is it true the dental assistant who is friends with Livingstone said he isn't signing here?  I mean that could be the scoop of the year if true...

Never heard that before. Are you looking for a fight? :)  I’ll be up front I don’t know his Dad. I know people who do and they don’t know either.

A question might be why wouldn’t Jake want to come to a team with the possibility of playing with a Quinn Hughes? He is one of the top 5 d-men in the NHL. A career maker.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Four seasons of NCAA hockey with a top program. BC boy. Does he want to play for the Canucks? He played one season in the BCJH before NCAA. 

Studying in Minnesota who are also pursuing him with Dumba moving on.  That RD spot alongside Brodin is available.  Lots of teams interested in him apparently.  

Just now, mll said:

Studying in Minnesota who are also pursuing him with Dumba moving on.  That RD spot alongside Brodin is available.  Lots of teams interested in him apparently.  

Has he put roots down in the east USA? Weather is a hell of a lot nicer in BC. I think Hughes wii trump Brodin. Minnie still trying to work out from under the Sutter and Parise legacy. 

• There it is 1

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The last game showed a major improvement in my opinion.  That is the best that Demko has looked all year.  Guys like Podkolzin, Petey, Joshua, Aman and even Beau and Kravtsov were playing well defensively.  We can't really grade the D because most of them are AHL'ers and won't even be in next year's starting lineup.  But I would say that even Myers had a decent game.  

Ya, they also lost yesterday. Who is going to replace the AHLers on defense, especially with one or two of OEL and Myers generally agread to ideally not be around? What happens if one of them goes down? Sure, we picked up one NHL quality defender, who is currently hurt. Put where's the depth and the pipleline. The quality goes down fast from Hughes, Hroenic, and Bear. Everyone else is an AHLer or a liability. How are we going to get three more "retools" with no cap space?

4 minutes ago, mll said:

F the other teams and what they want. Livingston is coming here. He knows our city is the best. Only an idiot would choose to live in those US cities and be shot at. The US is a friggin **** *****. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Have you tried Bundaberg rum?  It's unique and not unpleasant over ice

Just now, ronthecivil said:

Ya, they also lost yesterday. Who is going to replace the AHLers on defense, especially with one or two of OEL and Myers generally agread to ideally not be around? What happens if one of them goes down? Sure, we picked up one NHL quality defender, who is currently hurt. Put where's the depth and the pipleline. The quality goes down fast from Hughes, Hroenic, and Bear. Everyone else is an AHLer or a liability. How are we going to get three more "retools" with no cap space?

Buyout OEL and trade Myers after his bonus. That clears 13 mil for next year. Livingston will sign here so he can play with Hughes. That’s an opportunity no other team can come close to offering. Plus he can live here and not in a US *** **** of a city. 

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Have you tried Bundaberg rum?  It's unique and not unpleasant over ice

I'm going to make a note of it for sure so that I do try it. Honestly, this is the kind of thing I like to hear.

Gotta love alcohol to relieve the stress of trade talk right?

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Has he put roots down in the east USA? Weather is a hell of a lot nicer in BC. I think Hughes wii trump Brodin. Minnie still trying to work out from under the Sutter and Parise legacy. 

The Wild are a playoff team.  Brodin is so reliable defensively which gives more room for his partner.  He's going to burn his ELC this season and will need an extension. Not unreasonable to think he'll just get a bridge at around his ELC cap hit.  The Wild will gain over 13M in cap space in 2 years when the bulk of those buyouts come off the books.  

He's sought after - last year teams were already trying to persuade him to sign with them.  Can't just assume he'll come to Vancouver.  Lots of teams are cap strapped and it's the same ELC for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm going to make a note of it for sure so that I do try it. Honestly, this is the kind of thing I like to hear.

Gotta love alcohol to relieve the stress of trade talk right?

It's not offered at the BCLDB unfortunately.  I think they have had it in the past.