The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Trade Day Edition

Rate this topic

Warhippy

14 minutes ago, combover said:

Oh was the first we paid to get hronek on there

or does it not count because that doesn’t look as pretty. 
list what we paid if your going to list what we got. 
that nyi 1st belonged to us.

so I’m not sure what your talking about. 

Did we have that pick before we started? No we did not. So how can you say we lost the pick we didn’t have. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

He was the only signifikant raise this summer.

So if he still were here we had to trade Myers with a pick as smothener.

We can go on with Myers one more year if so. 

Then why are you saying to relax and Myers will be gone next summer??

You do realize that next year, Canucks have a roster of 16 at $82M.  Some of that counts for the guys on LTIR.  But regardless, some players need to be traded and it may take draft picks to get rid of them.

Some key takeaways from PA media availability:

• Our target team identity is to be a fast team
  • That requires the D to get the puck to our forwards, preferably on the tape
  • Hughes & Hronek is a unique 1-2 punch 
  • PA is comfortable with his options to clear cap, internally and externally
  • I interpreted that to mean either buyouts or trade options
  • wonder if he has a handshake agreement on offloading Myers or a winger in the off-season 
Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

You do realize that next year, Canucks have a roster of 16 at $82M.  Some of that counts for the guys on LTIR.  But regardless, some players need to be traded and it may take draft picks to get rid of them.

Myers @ 50% retained, 6m-3m, with his actual dollars owed at 1m will get a pick+prospect/body/contract

any takers on a side bet that Myers is gone before next season starts?

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

There are multiple variations. Ferland is off anyway. 
If Myers is gone or stay isn’t important because next year are a transition year. Play off yes but not any deep run. 

Just now, Timråfan said:

There are multiple variations. Ferland is off anyway. 
If Myers is gone or stay isn’t important because next year are a transition year. Play off yes but not any deep run. 

Sat mentioned Pearson starting next season on LTIR. What’s going on with him? 

15 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Did we have that pick before we started? No we did not. So how can you say we lost the pick we didn’t have. 

We had the pick we traded it!

we got it for horvat two weeks ago 

how did we get hronek if we didn’t trade something that that was ours..   

and you say math isn’t my strong suit lololololololol

It wasn’t a three way trade you know that right. 

Edited by combover

You have to admire Alvins ability to spin things don't you? Oh we didn't trade JT we only had one call this morning and they wern't serious (Prob true) But what about the deal with Pittsburgh 2 or 3 days ago for, supposedly  for a bunch of draft picks. Tell me the details on that one Alvin !!

33 minutes ago, Guile said:

I'm torn between these two - what makes you prefer moving Boeser over Garland? For me, Garland fits the Tocchet team style better than Boeser and has been playing fairly well since the coaching change. I think that and his contract makes him easier to move for "good" value. I'd love to see a healthy Mikheyev with Miller and Boeser to see if BB produces a little more and hides some flaws with help from Mik's speed. Total guesswork, but just my fantasy. 

That's fair. The way Brock has been playing lately gives me some optimism he could maybe still work here.

One reason is we have Kuzmenko who is a similar player, whereas Garland is more of a playmaker. Garland as you say has been playing better under Tocchet whom he knows & it seems like Brock really could use a fresh start elsewhere. And also moving Brock clears more cap space - potential retention aside.

2 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

You have to admire Alvins ability to spin things don't you? Oh we didn't trade JT we only had one call this morning and they wern't serious (Prob true) But what about the deal with Pittsburgh 2 or 3 days ago for, supposedly  for a bunch of draft picks. Tell me the details on that one Alvin !!

Allvin has said they don’t want to rebuild. Guys on 650 just had him on. It’s clear our owner won’t rebuild. He hires management to do a continuous build/retool thing. That’s his philosophy. We moved Bo for futures but the first was quickly flipped for a proven NHL D to fill a role we needed. 
Any Miller offer had to include either a younger centre to fill Miller’s minutes or enough draft capital (like the Bo trade did) to be used to get that younger centre. Allvin must have believed the Pit offer didn’t provide the needed drat capital to get the centre he wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Myers @ 50% retained, 6m-3m, with his actual dollars owed at 1m will get a pick+prospect/body/contract

any takers on a side bet that Myers is gone before next season starts?

:ph34r:

imo once his bonus has been paid he has to go.  has to.

I think the bet is whether they can donit without retaining

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Allvin has said they don’t want to rebuild. Guys on 650 just had him on. It’s clear our owner won’t rebuild. He hires management to do a continuous build/retool thing. That’s his philosophy. We moved Bo for futures but the first was quickly flipped for a proven NHL D to fill a role we needed. 
Any Miller offer had to include either a younger centre to fill Miller’s minutes or enough draft capital (like the Bo trade did) to be used to get that younger centre. Allvin must have believed the Pit offer didn’t provide the needed drat capital to get the centre he wanted. 

Would have liked to hear that from him...nice take from you but just conjecture

8 minutes ago, combover said:

We had the pick we traded it!

we got it for horvat two weeks ago 

how did we get hronek if we didn’t trade something that that was ours..   

and you say math isn’t my strong suit lololololololol

It wasn’t a three way trade you know that right. 

Dense much. The list was overall picture of the deadline moves. If we are talking just Hronek trade then fine count the first. However we were not. 

• Cheers 1

The first f**k up by management was refusing Chytil, Lundkvist and a 1st for Miller. Lundkvist ultimately went for a 1st and a 4th (and Chytil is now worth a lot more than that), so that's the equivalent of like four 1sts we said no to. Which brings us to our 2nd major fail: re-signing Miller to a massive contract that takes him to 37. Then, the 3rd was low-balling the hell out of Horvat in the summer. They offered him RNH contract. The 4th was this stinker TDL

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

You are suggesting the same thing as everyone else on this site, that 3 great prospects are worth a great deal less than draft picks.  I would rather have Raty, Kravtsov, and Bloom than 3 more 2nd round picks.  I think our team is mich deeper with the actual players.

You’ve clearly misunderstood me, please 
don’t put your words in my mouth.

I never once assigned any “worth” to picks or prospects. 

I’ll give it one last attempt:

I’m suggesting, and ownership is likely responsible, that this team only knows one way forward and after over ten years  they have repeatedly failed to succeed in creating a winning team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

You’ve clearly misunderstood me, please 
don’t put your words in my mouth.

I never once assigned any “worth” to picks or prospects. 

I’ll give it one last attempt:

I’m suggesting, and ownership is likely responsible, that this team only knows one way forward and after over ten years  they have repeatedly failed to succeed in creating a winning team. 

The owner had this philosophy when he bought the club. Gillis followed it and nearly got the Cup.