The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Trade Day Edition

Rate this topic

Warhippy

2 hours ago, combover said:

5509CCA0-59C7-4D88-B191-4332A0F436A0.jpeg.d728e46a4d6dc01a6e5b6e087cae830a.jpeg

made the list again this year.  Must be some kind of record 

They traded a 35 goal(with near 1/4 season left) scoring C in his prime, and a high 2nd round pick for a 15 goal scoring winger(with near 1/4 season left), an injured 2nd pairing RD and a B prospect in his 20's who is struggling in the AHL.

Islanders know what they got... Bo is as proven as it gets. Canucks on the other hand get all kinds of question marks and risks. Does Beauvillier fall off after a trade bump? He has struggled up to his trade. What is the deal with Hronek's injury? Why was Stevie Y so interested in trading him at 25y/o when everyone else thinks this player is trending upwards and is not on an expiring contract? Raty... well there are plenty of red flags there.3l C is his floor? His floor is the AHL and he isn't nowhere near an NHL player yet and he hasn't done poop in Abby so far. He is far from NHL ready and not exactly showing an upward trend.

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't see Bear as having much value tbh, not in a trade anyway. 

If anything Jersey will reallocate cap from Severson to Graves as they're already set on the right and don't need to replace Severson persay. 

Their top four probably looks like this going forward.

Siegenthaler - Hamilton

Graves - Marino 

Bahl isn't likely to cost them much to retain either, he's up to 4 points in 24 games thus far. 

Letting Tatar likely covers Bratt and some of Meier, Jonathan Bernier's 4.1M being freed up likely covers the rest of Meier. They'll likely flip Blackwood's rights and reallocate his 2.8M back into the roster. Could probably find more cost effective replacements for Wood and Haula. 

Jersey's in an enviable position really, they'll likely find a way to keep the best pieces of their current roster intact and they've still got great prospects in the system. 

Don't forget Hughes-Nemec.

Enviable position indeed. Great situation capwise too. Jack Hughes at 8 mil is the best bargain deal in the NHL. And Hischier at 7.25 mil is the second best bargain deal in the NHL.

The fact that their two stars sucked in the beginning and them believing in them really came through for Jersey in terms of great value contracts and added sucking helped them to get L. Hughes and Nemec.

They will win a cup shortly.

2 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

They traded a 35 goal(with near 1/4 season left) scoring C in his prime, and a high 2nd round pick for a 15 goal scoring winger(with near 1/4 season left), an injured 2nd pairing RD and a B prospect in his 20's who is struggling in the AHL.

Islanders know what they got... Bo is as proven as it gets. Canucks on the other hand get all kinds of question marks and risks. Does Beauvillier fall off after a trade bump? He has struggled up to his trade. What is the deal with Hronek's injury? Why was Stevie Y so interested in trading him at 25y/o when everyone else thinks this player is trending upwards and is not on an expiring contract? Raty... well there are plenty of red flags there.3l C is his floor? His floor is the AHL and he isn't nowhere near an NHL player yet and he hasn't done poop in Abby so far. He is far from NHL ready and not exactly showing an upward trend.

Dang it, I want to disagree so badly with your comments but I can't.

How dare you spell out facts? :angry:

Me and my comrades at CDC want to live in denial! 

Win the cup in 2024!! Plan the parade!

You hit the nail in the coffin regarding Raty. I thought he was more NHL ready but the truth is that he is quite a bit away. His ceiling is 3C, his floor is an AHLer.

Hronek and Beauvillier, I think too soon to say but I agree that there are some concerns. Although I'd like to be bit more on the optimistic side with both players being a good top 4D and glue guy in the top 6.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Trying to look at this 6 months from now. Canucks will be getting ready to hold training camp - run by Tocchet, Gonchar and Foote

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Beauvillier

Podkolzin - Miller -  Kravtsov

Mikheyev - ? - Garland

Joshua - Raty - Studnicka

Pearson*

Hughes - ?

? - Hronek

OEL - Bear

Dermott*

Trade: Boeser, Rathbone, Hoglander and Myers. Bear might have to do as Quinn's D-partner.

They're not that far off from competing IMO. This was just a lousy year from training camp, on. Tocchet will have them prepared next season. Maybe the Canucks draft a really good player as well. Canucks have a chance to get (RD) Jake Livingstone, and isn't (RD) Filip Johansson ready to play in Abby next year? 

-1 playoff appearance since 2016

-27th in the league

-Worst PK maybe ever?

-Bottom 5 prospect pool

Sure sounds like we're right on the cusp of breaking through!

But yeah, we added a #3-4 defenceman, so we're a lock to make it next year!

In what league is this a team you add to? Cause surely it isn't the NHL

4 minutes ago, jyu said:

Don't forget Hughes-Nemec.

Enviable position indeed. Great situation capwise too. Jack Hughes at 8 mil is the best bargain deal in the NHL. And Hischier at 7.25 mil is the second best bargain deal in the NHL.

The fact that their two stars sucked in the beginning and them believing in them really came through for Jersey in terms of great value contracts and added sucking helped them to get L. Hughes and Nemec.

They will win a cup shortly.

And Holtz, though he's still developing 

And Stillman

And Foote

11 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Well aren't you a positive fellow or ru just a troll?

Not sure how some can compare the old management with the new management.  The old management tried to fix our RHD situation by bringing in Tyler Myers and Erik Gudbranson.  New management just brought in Filip Hronek.  Myers and Gudbranson aren't even in the same galaxy talent wise as Hronek.  That's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Our last quality RHD was Kevin Bieksa.  It's been over 20 years since this team has brought in a quality RHD.  Finally, we found a GM with enough balls to go get another one.

Also, memories around here seem to be lacking.  Benning made the exact same trade for Gudbranson that Allvin made for Hronek.  Benning traded Jared McCann (first round pick), a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick for Gudbranson and a 5th round pick.  The biggest difference is he traded all of those assets for a 3rd pairing defenceman.  Allvin, on the other hand, made the exact same trade for a legit top 4 Dman, and some even consider him a top 2 Dman.

In terms of trades, Allvin already is galaxies ahead of Benning.  Kravtsov for an AHL player might even be his best one so far...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not sure how some can compare the old management with the new management.  The old management tried to fix our RHD situation by bringing in Tyler Myers and Erik Gudbranson.  New management just brought in Filip Hronek.  Myers and Gudbranson aren't even in the same galaxy talent wise as Hronek.  That's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Our last quality RHD was Kevin Bieksa.  It's been over 20 years since this team has brought in a quality RHD.  Finally, we found a GM with enough balls to go get another one.

Also, memories around here seem to be lacking.  Benning made the exact same trade for Gudbranson that Allvin made for Hronek.  Benning traded Jared McCann (first round pick), a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick for Gudbranson and a 5th round pick.  The biggest difference is he traded all of those assets for a 3rd pairing defenceman.  Allvin, on the other hand, made the exact same trade for a legit top 4 Dman, and some even consider him a top 2 Dman.

In terms of trades, Allvin already is galaxies ahead of Benning.  Kravtsov for an AHL player might even be his best one so far...

Yup. It’s been a full day since the Hronek deal and I’m happier about it now. I’ve accepted our owner will never change his direction to his management, so I will look at trades from that view point. We are going to always build, and not take steps back and rebuild. So, considering that, it’s a very good deal. We gave up a mid first (maybe be a player in 3-5 years) for a proven #3 D who is only 25. IMHAO that’s a HUGE FRIGGIN’ WIN! 

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Also, memories around here seem to be lacking.  Benning made the exact same trade for Gudbranson that Allvin made for Hronek.  Benning traded Jared McCann (first round pick), a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick for Gudbranson and a 5th round pick.  The biggest difference is he traded all of those assets for a 3rd pairing defenceman.  Allvin, on the other hand made the exact same trade for legit top 4 Dman, and some even consider him a top 2 Dman.

In terms of trades, Allvin already is galaxies ahead of Benning.  Kravtsov for an AHL player might even be his best one...

I also think it should be pointed out that JR & PA were up against it evaluating this team when they arrived. Horvat did not have a career year until he was pissed off that they low-balled him. Petey had a tough year last year because of the wrist injury, some here were speculating that teams had figured him out, then he comes back with a great season this year and we now know it was the wrist. It all lead to PA making the statement at the end of last season that we didn't have our superstar player, or something to that effect. I also agree, as some have stated, that BB's heart wasn't in it from the start of the season, as he likely felt management had bailed on him, put that all together with a tough season for Demko and it's one huge mess. There was no quick way to turn this all around, I'm hoping that Hronek will start to get the D heading in the right direction, but they need some time over the summer to move out a couple more contracts, like Myers and Boeser at least. It just isn't going to happen quickly enough for cdc. 

• Cheers 2

canucks have 

garland 

boeser

OEL 

poolman

Myers

pearson 

still on the books for next year

Thats a combined cap hit of 31.2million.

Any retool has to start by getting rid of those contracts

Edited by Nuck1991

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. It’s been a full day since the Hronek deal and I’m happier about it now. I’ve accepted our owner will never change his direction to his management, so I will look at trades from that view point. We are going to always build, and not take steps back and rebuild. So, considering that, it’s a very good deal. We gave up a mid first (maybe be a player in 3-5 years) for a proven #3 D who is only 25. IMHAO that’s a HUGE FRIGGIN’ WIN! 

Yes, the owner will never change, you are correct.  And our superstar players also do not want a rebuild.  So, it is what it is.  At the end of the day, decisions are made by the management group, they don't advise or take input from fans.  

People can criticize the direction this team is taking.  It will be painful for them because every trade/free agent signing moving forward will be to support the retool not a rebuild, so probably will be a tough pill to swallow but they can criticize all they want, management is fair game.  However, in terms of an actual hockey trade, this was a great trade by Allvin if you simply look at the trade as a whole, which includes the Horvat trade.

Craig Button who is a very experienced hockey insider and former GM, graded this trade as an A+ overall, Horvat and a 2nd for Hronek, Beauvillier, Raty and a 4th.  it's been awhile since I've been in school, but from what I remember an A+ was the highest mark I could receive.  It was a home run trade...

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

-1 playoff appearance since 2016

-27th in the league

-Worst PK maybe ever?

-Bottom 5 prospect pool

Sure sounds like we're right on the cusp of breaking through!

But yeah, we added a #3-4 defenceman, so we're a lock to make it next year!

In what league is this a team you add to? Cause surely it isn't the NHL

Yes, your points are (of course) common sense. But our owner refuses to rebuild through the draft. So what do we do? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yes, your points are (of course) common sense. But our owner refuses to rebuild through the draft. So what do we do? 

People need to wake up and stop buying season tickets. Nothing will change until the team changes hands. The owner doesn’t care about winning a cup, he only cares about ticket sales. Just squeaking into the playoffs and getting the doors blown off in the first round is good enough for him. It will give the season ticket holders hope for the next season.

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, the owner will never change, you are correct.  And our superstar players also do not want a rebuild.  So, it is what it is.  At the end of the day, decisions are made by the management group, they don't advise or take input from fans.  

People can criticize the direction this team is taking.  It will be painful for them because every trade/free agent signing moving forward will be to support the retool not a rebuild, so probably will be a tough pill to swallow but they can criticize all they want, management is fair game.  However, in terms of an actual hockey trade, this was a great trade by Allvin if you simply look at the trade as a whole, which includes the Horvat trade.

Craig Button who is a very experienced hockey insider and former GM, graded this trade as an A+ overall, Horvat and a 2nd for Hronek, Beauvillier, Raty and a 4th.  it's been awhile since I've been in school, but from what I remember an A+ was the highest mark I could receive.  It was a home run trade...

The Tampa team that won those two recent Cups had only Hedman as their drafted D. The rest of their D were either acquired via trade or free agency. We have Hughes. Now we traded for Hronek. It’s exactly what we needed to do. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are only better then 5 teams in the entire league and Management believes raty beau and Hronek are the key pieces we were missing all along? Give your head a shake this team is an absolute dumpster fire

42 minutes ago, jyu said:

They need to re-sign a lot of guys but they also have Hughes and Nemec coming up as possible replacements.

Nemec might replace Severson right away in which case, they don't need to replace Severson anyways.

That's the key right there.

Draft picks are improtant in helping to stay competitive while not facing a cap crunch. If a team can work guys in like this and part ways with others at the right time while still maintaining their core then they should be all right.

Canucks have traded a lot of draft picks in recent years, the Kuzemenko's of the world will not come along every year so need to have these guys ready to move in when the time comes.

Canucks have a lot of prospects with NHL potential but very little in the way of blue chippers or even guys that could make a significant impact

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

People need to wake up and stop buying season tickets. Nothing will change until the team changes hands. The owner doesn’t care about winning a cup, he only cares about ticket sales. Just squeaking into the playoffs and getting the doors blown off in the first round is good enough for him. It will give the season ticket holders hope for the next season.

That’s kind of why our owner won’t rebuild. He doesn’t trust our fans to support a club that’s rebuilding. I think he’s wrong. But considering he’s the owner and he sets the direction, I’m okay with the Hronek deal. We got a #3 D, who is a right shot. Should be the guy to carry OEL. Just need a better partner for Hughes now. 

• Upvote 1