The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday March 11 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s possible Arizona wanted 3 picks in return and didn’t want to return a pick with Chychrun, unlike Detroit. 

Alvin seemed to have gone with the trade that didn’t give up as many assets.

Arizona found their buyer and Detroit found theirs.  

Yep. We will never know, can only speculate and wish our team had access to trade offers, trade talks, players, etc.

There's so many factors that go into trades that nobody ever knows about from the players to the gm's to ownership's input which leads to disappointments from fans league wide.

We could have had Gretzky for Pete's sake! 

Just now, MikeyD said:

Yep. We will never know, can only speculate and wish our team had access to trade offers, trade talks, players, etc.

There's so many factors that go into trades that nobody ever knows about from the players to the gm's to ownership's input which leads to disappointments from fans league wide.

We could have had Gretzky for Pete's sake! 

Not just once, but twice the Canucks could have had Gretzky. The first time was before he was traded to The Kings. Ownership didn’t want to pay the price though. 

• RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I like Chychruns game more but yeah position equals more value.  RD are valuable. 

Durability is the issue for Chychrun.  The most games he has ever played in a season is 68 and only 2 over 60 in 7 seasons

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Hrudy couldn't wait to change the subject to Alberta shilling 

Somewhere Willie D is smiling after Hrudy gives Medicine Hat a shout out

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Nah man, it’s ok. I just think we gotta see how Hronek meshes with whomever and what it affords us in terms of special teams. He’s marginally a bit better/responsible defensively than Chychrun is, but a little less offensively driven, although close. 

I was a huge proponent of us pursuing Chychrun in the past and would’ve still loved for us to pick him up, but I think Hronek will surprise a few folks and we also have better control over his future with us, even if it’s costly, with him being an RFA rather than UFA, in the future 

I agree. I anticipate him actually gelling with the team well offensively but he's not a shutdown damn so I'm just praying the way we play defense doesn't murder him in his own end. Ultimately there's lots of growth with the new coach as well and there will be huge turnover on the back end so by the time we're competitive anyways it'll look completely different. Still young and can piece together the back end portion of his game as well. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Brock ain't going to shed any sweat when it's almost certain he'll be gone after the season.   

But he’s also not that type of player. 
Ppl need to accept that. 

I’d like to see everyone stand up for each other but it’s just not in the wheelhouse of some players.
Is it expected that QH go and run someone over in retaliation?

Of course not!

BB6 needs to improve his game sure, but he’s not a grinder or grit player, so kind of unfair to expect him to be one. 
Just better he finds another team that can make up for some of what he doesn’t bring to the table. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Durability is the issue for Chychrun.  The most games he has ever played in a season is 68 and only 2 over 60 in 7 seasons

Yeah for sure. Otherwise he is a quality defence man. He’s played on Yotes. Will be interesting to see how he is when he has Chabot and Sanderson who can handle the load too. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I agree. I anticipate him actually gelling with the team well offensively but he's not a shutdown damn so I'm just praying the way we play defense doesn't murder him in his own end. Ultimately there's lots of growth with the new coach as well and there will be huge turnover on the back end so by the time we're competitive anyways it'll look completely different. Still young and can piece together the back end portion of his game as well. 

You mean next season??

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Not just once, but twice the Canucks could have had Gretzky. The first time was before he was traded to The Kings. Ownership didn’t want to pay the price though. 

Not to mention how it all went down in terms of the pressure phone call in the middle of the night, etc. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wayne-gretzky-vancouver-canucks-new-york-rangers-toronto-maple-leafs-pat-quinn/

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Lol

Such a weird take. Kuzmenko is still young enough to remain competitive by the time the team is ready. Plus he doesn't rely on his speed to generate either so he should be okay for his later contract years. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1