The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

you have every right to have your doubts.

now, a lot of what transpires next season (especially from early on) lingers on what management does or doesn't do in the offseason. 

JR and PA admitted they didn't know how large the task would be, but after dozing off for half a season and just taking shots at the ex-coach through interviews, they finally seem to have stepped up to the plate.

Ever since the infamous "major surgery" remarks and throughout the month leading up to trade deadline, they have been making moves that you could call "retool" moves (like they said they were gonna do).

Since they've been showing that, I'm giving them more of a benefit of the doubt to see how they tackle the offseason.

I will too. I have to take a lot of what they say at face value until they actually do something different at the beginning of the year. The talk is just that. Talk. We have heard it over a million times.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Many folks finally beginning to appreciate that this roster is too talented to tank!

Why didnt CBC ask Foote how he can get Myers and OEL to be good again, they just gave him credit for the youth in Hughes. Why didnt any of you pepper CBC with the tweets and twitters or whatever

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I said this last week, I'll say it again... JT Miller making a statement about his leadership.

Not that Elias Pettersson has been any kind of a slouch but JT is definitely stepping up.

About the game... definitely a great effort by the team.

But to qualify that statement... it was a great effort in the service on a meaningless result.

It is now time to sit Demko, play Delia and reduce the ice time of Hughes, Pettersson and JT Miller.

Someone is going to get injured if Tocchet continues to play his top guys at this relentless rate... and it will be for a meaningless season.

Time to dial it back and relax.

team tank would probably love this but its not happening.

if anything, maybe in the last 10 to 5 games of the season they'd sit demko to try out the rookies 

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He is the one who said our top players shouldn't be playing a ton of minutes and then does the exact opposite.

That's right, I was a bit curious why he played Hughes as much as he did. Now I just have to accept the wins instead. 

Either the team is so tilted so he doesn't trust the players to play even time or he wants to teach the players accountability for the future. 

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I said this last week, I'll say it again... JT Miller making a statement about his leadership.

So after disappointing performances most of this season, playing better in meaningless games someone a leader?

giphy (10).gif

• RoughGame 2

Just now, Timråfan said:

That's right, I was a bit curious why he played Hughes as much as he did. Now I just have to accept the wins instead. 

Either the team is so tilted so he doesn't trust the players to play even time or he wants to teach the players accountability for the future. 

And we say Myers play a good game, till he tries playing stick figure in front of demko again. I thought Foote fixed him for a couple periods at least

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I will too. I have to take a lot of what they say at face value until they actually do something different at the beginning of the year. The talk is just that. Talk. We have heard it over a million times.

So when did Benning do something similar to the Horvat and Hronek trade? 

PA is miles ahead already.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

So after disappointing performances most of this season, playing better in meaningless games someone a leader?

giphy (10).gif

Yep. I mean, do you have a better idea? Yeah he is playing like he cares about shit again. He didnt have that all year since the big contract

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Yep. I mean, do you have a better idea? Yeah he is playing like he cares about shit again. He didnt have that all year since the big contract

Well for a start let's not go gaga on him again until he can show he can get it down in meaningful games 

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Edited by iinatcc
  • Wat 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

Well for a start let's not go gaga on him again until he can show he can get it down in meaningful games 

You don’t think this was a meaningful game for Ottawa? That was an intense game and Miller dominated. Removing the elephant was huge for this club. 

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1