The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And you’re only in it for the drugs? 

You still can’t put one and one and make it two. 
How many times do I have to say that Benning saving his own face in expense of some young prospects is one of the worst behaviour I’ve seen by a leader in any sport what so ever.

Dahlen and Palmu was only victims of a dirtbag. 

Dahlen!!!! Waaaaaaaaa my hero. Troll. He gave many a fair shot even making many in Utica angry by allowing Gagne a loan to a TO team for his family. Dahlen is a dirtbag.

Edited by FaninMex
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

And so disappointing to see we still cant give Demko the shutouts he deserves. Why on after hours nobody asks Foote what he can do for Myers and OEL.

Yeah, I was hoping for a shutout too.  One blown coverage on Giroux and it was over.  But our team defense is way better:  the forwards are finally backchecking and doing their jobs on the breakout.  When 4 of our 6 D are borderline NHL players and they play a steady game, those are the best results we're going to get.  The coaches deserve a lot of credit for that.  Interviews aren't the measure of the job their doing. 

Edited by Maniwaki Canuck

6 hours ago, KFan said:

Great hockey player, but what an a@$hole

after 50+ seasons we dont need any more nice guys we need winners. Trevor was an amazing captain and a great person for the market. How many cups does he have? Naslund was another great captain did and said all the right things. How many cups? Henrik as much as him and his brother were and still are great citizens in this city, how many cups do they have?

As Alice said "no more Mr. Nice guy"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You only hate Benning because of superstar Dahlen. That is all. 

So, PA drafted Petey, Demko, Hughes, and traded for JT Miller. Wow! Awesome.

Benning tanked for 7 of the 8 years so he better had drafted those players like Petey or Hughes. We had like 6 top 10 picks and 4 of them were top 5. We also missed on some of the picks like not drafting Tkatchuk instead getting Juolevi or drafting Virtanen instead of Ehlers etc. While Allvin has got us Kuzmenko, Hronik, Joshua, Aman, Beau, Kravatsov, Bloom, Raty, Likker etc. In less than 2 seasons. Kuzmenko is a core piece and is the 2nd best forward on the team after Petersson. Hronek is instantly our 2nd best Dman on the team after Hughes. Benning drafted a couple of gems then surrounded that with a bunch of crap. I believe JR and Allvin can build a cup team and have the pedigree to do it unlike as scout boy Benning

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Yes, you’re a troll. 

Dahlen is a whiny dirtbag who only wanted to be given the Pettersson treatment. But he is a trash player. That is why he had to go back to Timra.

Benning proved that he was a nice guy and willing to make trades to accommodate players that wanted out. 

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Miller looking better and better

Pretty much a prefect game from him tonight

Responded to Ottawa's physicality tonight and dragged his team into the fight with some aggressive physical play

Relentless on the forecheck. 

Solid 2 way play

Great on faceoffs. 

Love it when Myers plays physical as well 

Also really liking Joshua's game. 

Miller is better than Horvat is some facets like physicality and ability to change the game. I felt Horvat was invisible when he wasn't too asking faceoffs or on the score sheet.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Benning tanked for 7 of the 8 years so he better had drafted those players like Petey or Hughes. We had like 6 top 10 picks and 4 of them were top 5. We also missed on some of the picks like not drafting Tkatchuk instead getting Juolevi or drafting Virtanen instead of Ehlers etc. While Allvin has got us Kuzmenko, Hronik, Joshua, Aman, Beau, Kravatsov, Bloom, Raty, Likker etc. In less than 2 seasons. Kuzmenko is a core piece and is the 2nd best forward on the team after Petersson. Hronek is instantly our 2nd best Dman on the team after Hughes. Benning drafted a couple of gems then surrounded that with a bunch of crap. I believe JR and Allvin can build a cup team and have the pedigree to do it unlike as scout boy Benning

I'm not defending Benning, far from it,  but it's to early to declare who the better GM is yet. The story is still unfolding 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

I am not a Benning fan boy. 

Drafts are ify. Have you forgotten what people said after Pettersson was drafted? Would you rather Valardi or Glass? 

I am not defending Benning I got annoyed by something Timra said and I am reminding him why he actually hates Benning which is Dahlen was not given the Pettersson treatment.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

after 50+ seasons we dont need any more nice guys we need winners. Trevor was an amazing captain and a great person for the market. How many cups does he have? Naslund was another great captain did and said all the right things. How many cups? Henrik as much as him and his brother were and still are great citizens in this city, how many cups do they have?

As Alice said "no more Mr. Nice guy"

First album I ever bought, 1973. Still have it.

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Plot twist, Horvat was the actual cancer and the fans were wrong about Miller this whole time :ph34r:

Also, I forgot to mention that Timra jumped in when I told a poster to get over the Benning comments it is getting old and that he has been gone for almost 2 years now

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

I am not a Benning fan boy. 

Drafts are ify. Have you forgotten what people said after Pettersson was drafted? Would you rather Valardi or Glass? 

I am not defending Benning I got annoyed by something Timra said and I am reminding him why he actually hates Benning which is Dahlen was not given the Pettersson treatment.

Benning did a good job drafting some of the core pieces though. At least he did do something as I think Canucks got the best Dman in their 50 years franchise history in Hughes. They might have also gotten the best center in franchise history in Pettersson. It's why I never thought this team would be bottom feeders this season but I guess we never had the right coach.

• Cheers 1

Just now, FaninMex said:

Dahlen is a whiny dirtbag who only wanted to be given the Pettersson treatment. But he is a trash player. That is why he had to go back to Timra.

Benning proved that he was a nice guy and willing to make trades to accommodate players that wanted out. 

You just don’t get it.

Dahlen AND Palmu was young prospects.

Something was rotten in Utica. So rotten that none of them wanted to be in AHL after that.

They rather play in SHL and Liiga for less money. 

I haven’t got a clue why you defend an old geezer using his power to throw young inexperienced players under the bus in public.

JR got a lot of slack for criticising BB. 
Fascinating, Two old men that know every bit about NHL and has done almost everything.

BB came into another organisation the same way Tocchet came in here. Replaced a dead man walking. 

Oh, oh, oh… Bennings behaviour is way above JR in the dirtbag scale if you compare thos two episodes in the Canucks history.

Is it now I should ask if you’re Bennings mother? 

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

You just don’t get it.

Dahlen AND Palmu was young prospects.

Something was rotten in Utica. So rotten that none of them wanted to be in AHL after that.

They rather play in SHL and Liiga for less money. 

I haven’t got a clue why you defend an old geezer using his power to throw young inexperienced players under the bus in public.

JR got a lot of slack for criticising BB. 
Fascinating, Two old men that know every bit about NHL and has done almost everything.

BB came into another organisation the same way Tocchet came in here. Replaced a dead man walking. 

Oh, oh, oh… Bennings behaviour is way above JR in the dirtbag scale if you compare thos two episodes in the Canucks history.

Is it now I should ask if you’re Bennings mother? 

Palmu is vertically challenged and was never going to go anywhere. But Dahlen was your superhero and must seem like Gretz to you. However, he is a loser. Dahlen is garbage and needed to go back to Sweden to be near his mommy. Benning did no wrong to him. Dahlen is garbage,

21 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I guess we were never a bottom 5 team. We just needed the right type of coach and players buying in. A team that had 3 40 goal scorers in Pettersson, Kuzmenko, Horvat, a 30 goal scorer in Miller and an elite #1D in Hughes and an elite goalie in Demko should not be a bottom 5 team. Too bad we played like a bottom 5 team earlier in the season. I guess that why management wanted to fire Bruce quickly and put Tocchet in but they should not have picked the option year on Bruce if they

really wanted Tocchet in the first place. Bruce was a good coach but the team is playing a lot better on Tocchet, let's be real.

It wasn't management's option, but Bruce's. 

The contract Benning gave Bruce let Bruce decide if he wanted to come back for the second year, not Management 

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Myers .

Again an unsung hero ..   it’s not easy playing hard shutdown, and frustrating big power forwards .

So stoked for Mysie stringing some good hockey together. I’ve stuck with guy although it’s been really tough this year. Anyone who’s played any hockey knows how badly that position exposes every little mistake. The guy matches up against first liners every night and does a great job imo. 
He’s big and nasty. 

Skates well with the puck.
Can kill penalties and can rip it. 
Good top 4 guy to have on the team and will make the second pairing a handful if OEL can come back strong next year which I think he will. 

Edited by bad alice french

Just now, FaninMex said:

Palmu is vertically challenged and was never going to go anywhere. But Dahlen was your superhero and must seem like Gretz to you. However, he is a loser. Dahlen is garbage and needed to go back to Sweden to be near his mommy. Benning did no wrong to him. Dahlen is garbage,

Lol, Dahlen is just fine in Timrå. He just didn’t have it in him for NHL.

When I watched a few Sharks game with him it was clear he floated arpund and could’t contribute as a lot of our prospects can.

That is what I think of Dahlen. 
Your fantasies I haven’t got a clue where those came from as I have always talked about Bennings bad leadership. 
And Benning liked to save face in different situations.

Can you remember Benning make an excuse because he made a mistake? 

So you’re a troll for not being honest and only try to tease me for something… 

• Haha 1