The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

thanks, bud. please define troll, I just like hockey, in particular, possibly a canadian team getting the cup in my lifetime

and you know what? preferably the canucks getting to the cup. who was the last canadian team playing for the cup? f**k you, I shouldnt have to defend myself

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Could go either way.

Any new team would have to be willing to have one year of 6 mill in cap space dumperooed on them, for a D who ain't worth that.  And might throw a wrench into their other plans. But he's a D who's size makes up for a lot of deficiencies and brain farts. He is still worth something so I suppose a team could still be interested in swallowing that if they can come to a more reasonable contract extension to continue after that for a few more seasons.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/tyler-myers

Buying him out would cost Aqua $666,667 over two seasons

And we'd save $333,333 off the cap next season. Not that much but probably appreciated.

Either way we could get rid of Myers.  Question is the cap savings worth more than what we could get for him. With his age at 33 and his cap hit maybe no more than a 4th rounder?

Third option is that we manage next season still with Myers.  Aquilini might rather just pay the 1 mill left and wait it out. Depends if we can improve more on D and still afford his cap for one season. That way, because of Hronek also, both he and OEL can play less minutes next season. They'd both maybe benefit from that. (Well, the team would anyways.) Then Myers is gone naturally and OELs buyout is more palatable after one more season.

I have no idea what's happening with Myers.

Yeah, did you watch Myers against dallas? he had 2 good periods and was worth his pennies.

He doesnt need to go. He can be trained. Dont get rid of the dog cause he shit on the floor, when you didnt tell him where to shit.

1 hour ago, EastCoastNucks said:

lol its just a bot or even if its a real person they dont understand how a canucks fan would value Boeser over Millar dollar per dollar. Brock is the peterson from 4 years ago. Millar is the on the way outs guy.

The MILF can go with Millar as long as we keep the youth

i said a thing, now my thing is a thing? 

19 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Name 1 other year besides these last two please where theyve won meaningless games in the latter half of the season once they were out of playoff contention

most memorable one? the 3 game california sweep against the 3 top team in the pacific that took them out of last place in the auston matthew draft and we got juolevi as a consolation prize?

Edited by wai_lai416

59 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Could go either way.

Any new team would have to be willing to have one year of 6 mill in cap space dumperooed on them, for a D who ain't worth that.  And might throw a wrench into their other plans. But he's a D who's size makes up for a lot of deficiencies and brain farts. He is still worth something so I suppose a team could still be interested in swallowing that if they can come to a more reasonable contract extension to continue after that for a few more seasons.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/tyler-myers

Buying him out would cost Aqua $666,667 over two seasons

And we'd save $333,333 off the cap next season. Not that much but probably appreciated.

Either way we could get rid of Myers.  Question is the cap savings worth more than what we could get for him. With his age at 33 and his cap hit maybe no more than a 4th rounder?

Third option is that we manage next season still with Myers.  Aquilini might rather just pay the 1 mill left and wait it out. Depends if we can improve more on D and still afford his cap for one season. That way, because of Hronek also, both he and OEL can play less minutes next season. They'd both maybe benefit from that. (Well, the team would anyways.) Then Myers is gone naturally and OELs buyout is more palatable after one more season.

I have no idea what's happening with Myers.

Just completely dumb. And I think he's gawd awful. You would actually have to replace him with a player too so you're actually losing money. Absolutely no point this close to him being off the books.

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

and you know what? preferably the canucks getting to the cup. who was the last canadian team playing for the cup? f**k you, I shouldnt have to defend myself

Dude, are you on the sauce or something? You just cussed yourself out there.

I still don't know what you were complaining about my post regarding cap.  I'm not claiming my post is above any criticism, it's just your comeback was lacking in clarity, and the unrelated ad hominem doesn't do much to make anything clearer.

1 hour ago, EastCoastNucks said:

lol its just a bot or even if its a real person they dont understand how a canucks fan would value Boeser over Millar dollar per dollar. Brock is the peterson from 4 years ago. Millar is the on the way outs guy.

I want Boeser to succeed, but this nonsense of him being where Petey (I assume that's who you meant by "peterson") was 4 years ago is just plain nuts.  He's not showing any sign of that kind of trajectory at all.  Fingers crossed he can find it, but I sure don't see what you are seeing there.

5 hours ago, coho8888 said:

The Canucks have a few forwards they are looking to move in the off season.  It’s in their best interest to pump up their stats by playing them more with our top players.  Makes them much more marketable.  Some top D’s actually play better if given more minutes.  As for Demko, the schedule going fwd is relatively easy with not too many b to b.  Also the boys have been playing better d.  Fatigue should not be a factor

I am a tanker but your post was one of the best arguments yet as to why the team should push the win column. If the tank is fading then improved value in some of the players could generate trades with picks and prospects. I hope Allvin can recover our 2nd rdr.

• elephant 1

2 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Bro 

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

most memorable one? the 3 game california sweep against the 3 top team in the pacific that took them out of last place in the auston matthew draft and we got juolevi as a consolation prize?

The one where 2nd last Edmonton got 4th and two teams above the Canucks - CLB (4th from the bottom) and WPG (6th from the bottom) ended up picking higher than both Edmonton and Vancouver? 

Maybe if the Canucks won a few more games they couldve got 2nd/3rd OA. 

Finishing with the worst record possible doesn’t guarantee jack sh*t

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

but if you look at the cost of Taffoli, Markstrom, Stetcher. We lost.

There was no way around the Markstrom issue... We could have traded Marky, but it was not until the play offs the club really knew, what they had in Demko.

Stecher.... well he was too expensive for what he was bringing (and yes I liked him, but he is hardly worth crying over)

Toffoli was a loss... but a manageable one,,, a loss never the less...

7 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

and why did Taffolii never play on same line as Pearson, like in LA? there was so much chemistry wasted by the coaches over the last years

No idea.... that is a Green question... 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

You have to look at it from the player's perspective too. If I'm Petey, I know I'm chasing 100 points, and a 100 point season on my resume would probably go a long ways towards netting me more on my next contract. Now all of the sudden career AHL players are eating into my ice time, and not because it gives us the best chance to win, but because it gives us a better chance to lose. That doesn't sit well with me at all if I'm him. Not only is the game being purposely sabotaged, but my season and potentially my payday is as well.

Not just pay day.... 

I think, he thinks more about the prestige and the 'I am the best' category....

He'll be looking towards the Crosby, McD, Matthews, MacKinnon of this world and think I got to beat them. And we should be over the moon that we have not only one, but two players like that. And if Kuz continues his rise, we may have 3 like that...

I've never heard about a superstar who ran a little slower, scored less goals etc for any reason... If you have it, you don't just put it aside, and hope its there again, when you need it... you push constantly to improve, to be the best you can be.

And if any coach suddenly sits him, he will not take to it kindly... 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

The one where 2nd last Edmonton got 4th and two teams above the Canucks - CLB (4th from the bottom) and WPG (6th from the bottom) ended up picking higher than both Edmonton and Vancouver? 

Lol worse they could do was 3rd even if they lose the lottery for finishing last? Picking Matthew PLD or Laine doesn’t hurt? Finishing with the worst record doesn’t guarantee jack sh!t sure finishing the season with a pointless streak doesn’t mean jack sh!t for next season either. We finished the bubble season strong with a great playoff what did that do next season? Oh finish near last. Finished last season strong and then what? Sh!t the bed the next season? Finishing with the worse possible record guarantees you a high pick regardless of winning or losing the lottery. Finishing on a roll have 0 bearing on the next season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Pointed out a few times - what happens if instead we won the Patrick/Hirshier sweepstakes?   We slipped from 3rd to 5th twice.    Would we have really gone that far off board and picked EP?  I have serious doubts.    It was already an off board pick at 5.     Heiskanen?   We'd already tried with OJ and at that time he wasn't a write off yet.   Doubt we picked him.   Makar?   Maybe.    Funny - that draft was supposed to be bunk.   No "high end franchise for sure guys"...Patrick was supposed to have the highest floor.   Hirscheir was nowhere near the top until the WJs then became a guy that would go one or two.   

This year we have the most hyped draft since McDavid and some folks declaring the deepest draft in forever.   I'm not buying it.    Listening to the early warnings, they are still stuck in my brain.   If the scouts are warning, covid made picking outside of the top of the draft a crapshoot - maybe we should be listening to that a little.    EPs draft is now standing up to some very good drafts a few years prior isn't it?    Makar has already won - and won big.   How many years in the league?    EP is starting to look like a future HHOFer too.  

Anyways - it will be interesting to re-visit how good this draft really is in 6-7 years.   No way are "late firsts like 15th overalls" and 5-10 like top 5's ... that's just silly. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1