The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Coyotes l Thursday, March 16, 2023 l 7:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 hours ago, Mando27 said:

The fact that the NHL refuses to move this team is a joke. But sure let's expand to two more cities and turn a blind eye to this lol.

There was a pretty good thread on the HatersFourm boards about the situation. Really good read. I kind of feel sorry for those that support, or try to support the team there. It's not their fault Bettman is Bettman. It's make or break it time for them though. The owner is actually pretty decent but yeah imagine being a player there. I could see one year but three makes it really a very poor situation. As they say ... location location location.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is why I have trust issues with this organization...can never say what they mean and mean what they say.

maybe you should be a little more flexible? things change, and it was never like tocchet said it definitely wouldn't happen or anything. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

they tried to sign gretzky 3 years before he retired (not his prime by a long shot).

Still was one of the better players just past his prime.Would cost more then worth to trade for one but can be done is alls I am saying.

8 minutes ago, tas said:

they tried to sign gretzky 3 years before he retired (not his prime by a long shot).

Different league now. Depends on how bad Bedard wants to play in Vancouver. If he keeps taking minimum terms correct me if I'm wrong he can be a UFA by his mid-20's

If Vancouver has a solid team. He might go for less money like Stamkos did. That's up to Bedard. You know damn well whatever is near league maximum he will probably be worth it. Just for the jersey's he'd sell here alone.

Toronto got Tavares.

I would not be surprised if Auston Matthews when he's UFA will go to Arizona.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Different league now. Depends on how bad Bedard wants to play in Vancouver. If he keeps taking minimum terms correct me if I'm wrong he can be a UFA by his mid-20's

If Vancouver has a solid team. He might go for less money like Stamkos did. That's up to Bedard. You know damn well whatever is near league maximum he will probably be worth it. Just for the jersey's he'd sell here alone.

Toronto got Tavares.

I would not be surprised if Auston Matthews when he's UFA will go to Arizona.

I feel like Matthews will go to either Arizona or LA imho.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Neutral said:

I believe that was pre season while the locker rooms were still be finished. What a pathetic look for Bettman and the league but he will never move Arizona as long as he is the top dog...

He won’t move it because Arizona is one of the top media markets in North America. The NHL sells media exposure that encompasses all those markets. The Yotes are a necessary embarrassment. 

• Cheers 1