The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday March 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ LA Kings - 7pm PT/10pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Team has been playing well lately, but we are NOT a playoff team and it would be nice to see some younger players get some more ice time and keep JT, EP, QH at reasonable numbers but not well over 20min as a F and 27-30 like QH. Hard to remove players from this lineup but give the College kid a game over the weekend. Does Studnicka have a future here...me thinks not with the good play of Aman and Dries, he is a depth guy at best who will go on waivers next fall before the season starts imo.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's past the 16th of March. Any news on BattleDefenceGoose Hronek?

not much has been said, he was seen stretching out on the ice in gear recently in Vancouver. Believe a photo was posted somewhere on here, sure seems odd that we made that deal when he will have missed half the remeaining games since the trade. Fingers are crossed this guy plays well for us and signs a reasonable extension. BUT, you still need a good D partner for Hughes and Hronek (maybe OEL since he will be the one being carried)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Neutral said:

not much has been said, he was seen stretching out on the ice in gear recently in Vancouver. Believe a photo was posted somewhere on here, sure seems odd that we made that deal when he will have missed half the remeaining games since the trade. Fingers are crossed this guy plays well for us and signs a reasonable extension. BUT, you still need a good D partner for Hughes and Hronek (maybe OEL since he will be the one being carried)

Or management doesn't want to screw our odds even more by playing him? Lol.

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Side note: Does this mark the first time we have not one, but TWO game day threads started at the same time??????

Technically the other one shouldn't be created until the end of this game but considering the lack of willing GDT people it's probably alright. I'm getting close to 40 for the season.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Korpisalo hasn't lost a game with LA yet (3-0) so maybe the Kings will play down to the Canucks, possibly start their backup. 

Things I'm interested in with the remaining games

Kuzmenko 40 goal watch

Miller 30 goal watch

Pettersson 100 point watch

Hughes career high / Canucks record for a D (69 points) watch

Kravtsov 1st goal watch

Hronek

McDonough

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Korpisalo hasn't lost a game with LA yet (3-0) so maybe the Kings will play down to the Canucks, possibly start their backup. 

Kuzmenko 40 goal watch

Miller 30 goal watch

Kravtsov 1st goal watch

Hronek

Lots of good reasons to cheer for as long as they're not overworking key players to the point of fatigue and possible injuries.

Still hoping they finish 29 or 30 but they way Demko is playing that doesn't seem likely anymore either

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko 40 goal watch

Miller 30 goal watch

Kravtsov 1st goal watch

Hronek

Copley is 24-4-3 and took over the starter job from Quick/Petersen.  Since acquiring Korpisalo they've been alternating goalies.  Copley played last game so it's normally Korpisalo's turn.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Thanks for your hard work! And to all that do the GDT's.

No problem, i enjoy it. Definitely have gotten better at photoshop but still a way to go.

Just updated graphics, added sleeve numbers for away as i hadn't gotten around to that for away.

• Cheers 3

Just now, OldFaithfulCap said:

No problem, i enjoy it. Definitely have gotten better at photoshop but still a way to go.

Just updated graphics, added sleeve numbers for away as i hadn't gotten around to that for away.

If I did one it would be all text. Lol.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is it getting my hopes up we can draft Reinbacher at least?

I have a sneaking suspicion that some team will reach for him at 6th or 7th overall.