The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 23 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Sharks - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Garland, BB6 and Myers- but what if we cant find buyers?

There will be buyers in the offseason. There will also unfortunately be a few teams struggling to become cap compliant which muddies the water a bit in terms of asset value.

I’d expect there will be takers and us maybe having to eat some salary from somewhere, but whatever we shed in cap saved will be reinvested immediately into this team, and with focus on D.

can envision our top 4 being very pricey again but more efficiently balanced. 

I think there’s a strong chance we go after Gavrikov and wouldnt be surprised it’s already a preconceived notion based on his agency/rep.

it’s a long shot, but only caveat that might affect the business partnership could be any personal differences potentially arising between Kuz and Tocchet in the span between. I truly hope that never occurs as Kuz is a goldmine. 

I don’t imagine we’ll ever be operating as an internal cap limited team with this core intact. Too much potential for ownership not to invest heavy into. And I slag ownership all the time, but gotta give credit where it’s due and at least they spend to the cap and then some. 
Supporting this club could be an even worse experience for some if we were a middling team with a fixed budget.