The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 31, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Toffoli is nothing like any of those players.

The guy is a proven winner in every sense of the word.  

Statistically Boeser out paces him in points, and goals since he entered the league. 

What makes Toffoli such a proven winner? Winning a cup in his first complete NHL season, 10 yeas ago?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, MattWN. said:

Statistically Boeser out paces him in points, and goals since he entered the league. 

What makes Toffoli such a proven winner? Winning a cup in his first complete NHL season, 10 yeas ago?

You missed the part "in every sense of the word".   I'm sorry but Brock is winning in the pay-cheque category, and i'm guessing the face too.   Know the hair... and this is what my wife has to say about his face  - "that's the ugliest hockey player i've ever seen (TT) during the bubble.   Not sure why but hey that's not my thing.    I'm pretty sure Brock's bank account is winning, as is his face and hair.   Plus he's been decent since Tochett took over.    Maybe he's scared he will go bald. 

Edit: Plus if it was my thing, pretty sure Tim Hunter or Gary Leeman takes the cake.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sure be butthurt over the mystery box instead of the 40+ point RH defenseman, the mystery box could be anything! Even a 40+ point RH defenseman! :bigblush:

.....but at least there's a chance the mystery box could play unlike our seriously injured - out of commission - until next year (possibly) - trade acquisition with only one year left on his contract. 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You missed the part "in every sense of the word".   I'm sorry but Brock is winning in the pay-cheque category, and i'm guessing the face too.   Know the hair... and this is what my wife has to say about his face  - "that's the ugliest hockey player i've ever seen (TT) during the bubble.   Not sure why but hey that's not my thing.    I'm pretty sure Brock's bank account is winning, as is his face and hair.   Plus he's been decent since Tochett took over.    Maybe he's scared he will go bald. 

donkey kong what GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MattWN. said:

I honestly don't understand this narrative. He'd be another Boeser/Garland/Beauvillier. He isn't a play driver on his own, and he's streaky as hell. 

I take a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.. on a 4.25 cap hit any time any day any where.. I don’t care if he’s streaky or if he isn’t a play driver.. not everyone have to be a play driver. You just need 1 per line and couple complimentary players. He has more goals than boeser and garland combined and not even 40% of their total cap hit

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I take a consistent 25-30 goal scorer.. on a 4.25 cap hit any time any day any where.. I don’t care if he’s streaky or if he isn’t a play driver.. not everyone have to be a play driver. You just need 1 per line and couple complimentary players. He has more goals than boeser and garland combined and not even 40% of their total cap hit

Before this year, Tofolli only hit 30 goals once. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him over Boeser or Garland, I'm saying we certainly don't need another winger, he would have just added to the logjam of players who need to play with Petterson or Miller to be effective. The way this team sits now, we don't need any more wingers, so the narrative that we missed out just doesn't land with me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Before this year, Tofolli only hit 30 goals once. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him over Boeser or Garland, I'm saying we certainly don't need another winger, he would have just added to the logjam of players who need to play with Petterson or Miller to be effective. The way this team sits now, we don't need any more wingers, so the narrative that we missed out just doesn't land with me. 

and your point is? if we still had toffoli i'm pretty sure we never would have gone out and got garland.. and maybe we wouldn't do the OEL deal. i'm also pretty sure i said 25-30 goal scorer not a 30 goal scorer. he was at 30 goal or slightly higher pace 3 out of his last 4 years. we missed out as in we could have kept toffoli and not have garland on the team or they wouldn't have felt the need to re-sign boeser. so yes we did miss out. 

4 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

For refusing to play along with the absurd idea that men can become women and women can become men. Yes

Is that what Pride night is about or is it about making the adults that make their very personal decisions about sexuality and gender feel welcome?

Why spend so much energy judging someone for their personal decisions about pronouns, they are just pronouns.  Adjusting to someone’s pronouns is at worst a minor inconvenience for me but potentially very meaningful for them. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

.....but at least there's a chance the mystery box could play unlike our seriously injured - out of commission - until next year (possibly) - trade acquisition with only one year left on his contract. 

Hronek is 25, and an elite RSD. The Wings went into the toilet when he went out of their lineup. We see how, even not at 100%, how much he helps us.  That was a steal of a deal!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is 25, and an elite RSD. The Wings went into the toilet when he went out of their lineup. We see how, even not at 100%, how much he helps us.  That was a steal of a deal!  

And the Islanders are 14-6-4 since the trade for Horvat.....

I was on team tank and I still believe the Hronek trade was a mistake, but that ship has sailed and the team has been far too competitive recently for us to have any shot at Bedard. I still wish we had gone the other direction, but what's done is done and now I'm hoping JR and PA's plan is actually going to make the team capable of competing for a Cup in the next few years...

My personal belief is that it's only going to be enough to make us playoff contenders, but I sincerely hope to be proven wrong....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

He’ll be ready for training camp and is still an RFA :picard: Holy overreact. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Is that what Pride night is about or is it about making the adults that make their very personal decisions about sexuality and gender feel welcome?

Why spend so much energy judging someone for their personal decisions about pronouns, they are just pronouns.  Adjusting to someone’s pronouns is at worst a minor inconvenience for me but potentially very meaningful for them. 

People cannot change their sex. It’s simply not true. Some people refuse to participate in a lie.