The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Dubas is certainly giving Gillis a run for his money as two of the biggest idiots ever to be a GM.  Both of them destroyed strong cores gifted to them by qualified predecessors.

Didn’t both Gillis and Dubas build teams that set records for team points? Gillis won the GM of the year and Dubas will too. Two brilliant GMs who know how to construct winning lineups. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t both Gillis and Dubas build teams that set records for team points? Gillis won the GM of the year and Dubas will too. Two brilliant GMs who know how to construct winning lineups

0-11 in elimination games does not define as a winning lineup. They very well could end up 0-13 in 5 days time. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t both Gillis and Dubas build teams that set records for team points? Gillis won the GM of the year and Dubas will too. Two brilliant GMs who know how to construct winning lineups. 

Again, both were gifted their groups from more competent predecessors.  Two absolute morons who are completely unqualified for any position in hockey ops.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't see any situation where Dubas stays if they're eliminated again.

I wonder who of the core gets traded then? I think they'd stick with Marner and Matthews but then would surely find it impossible to trade 11M 33 year old JT, so maybe Matthews, with his deal expiring in 2 years, is more tradeable? Nylander surely gets canned. 

Honestly if they find a way to lose this round I think they probably should do something crazy like trade Matthews. He could surely fetch the equivalent of two firsts, a decent player and A-grade prospect, or flip it - two top players, an A-grade prospect and/or first rounder.

For example:

Matthews to NYR for Trocheck + Trouba + Othmann or 1st

Cooper's post game last night was enough on its own for me to cheer for T-Bay. The talking heads at SN are pathetic. They come out pumping the Laffers and as T-Bay scores they start couching their Laffer support in prep for a defeat. What surprises me is that one of Marner, Matthews, or Nylander haven't been tagged and put down. Taveres kinda disappears.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder who of the core gets traded then? I think they'd stick with Marner and Matthews but then would surely find it impossible to trade 11M 33 year old JT, so maybe Matthews, with his deal expiring in 2 years, is more tradeable? Nylander surely gets canned. 

Honestly if they find a way to lose this round I think they probably should do something crazy like trade Matthews. He could surely fetch the equivalent of two firsts, a decent player and A-grade prospect, or flip it - two top players, an A-grade prospect and/or first rounder.

For example:

Matthews is likely headed to Arizona in July 2024. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I don't see any situation where Dubas stays if they're eliminated again.

Even if they aren't.  He's in the final year of his deal and there's rumours of tension with Shanahan.  

Calgary needs a new GM.  Ottawa might decide to change GM under new ownership.  

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Even if they aren't.  He's in the final year of his deal and there's rumours of tension with Shanahan.  

Calgary needs a new GM.  Ottawa might decide to change GM under new ownership.  

Why wouldn't either team hire a qualified hockey person instead?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"The involuntary eye twitch has stopped, because it means the drugs are working...."

"But enough about the Bruin's....."

At least he uses humour as a defence mechanism. 

Didn't make it 2 minutes. His voice is shrill.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

For example:

Nylander is their best playoff performer moving him would be beyond dumb. Marner likely gets the axe 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"The involuntary eye twitch has stopped, because it means the drugs are working...."

"But enough about the Bruin's....."

At least he uses humour as a defence mechanism. 

Don’t indulge him by giving him views

• Haha 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I love Dangle, indulge away.

Why? I'm genuinely curious. I find him insufferable as a non-leafs fan, and if I were a Leafs fan I would be embarassed to have him as the de facto representative of my fanbase.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Why? I'm genuinely curious. I find him insufferable as a non-leafs fan, and if I were a Leafs fan I would be embarassed to have him as the de facto representative of my fanbase.

I listen to his podcast regularly, he's pretty funny actually it's a fun show he's pretty balanced for a Leaf fan and not afraid to call them out if they're doing something stupid, like last episode he criticized Keefe for randomly having Nylander take a faceoff even though Matthews was on the ice. He's pretty honest when it comes to talking about other teams too, Jesse on the show is a Devils fan as well so it's not entirely rah rah Leafs as it could be and there is devils advocate (pun intended) conversation by both Jesse and Steve. 

On 4/28/2023 at 11:52 AM, McBackup said:

I listen to him to get an outsiders take on the Canucks for those two videos he posts on us each year. It's great to see what we as a fanbase may have missed and where my fan goggles may need to be taken off (see sig)

And of course. The tears. 

The 2000s-2010s Leafs have more in common with the JB era Canucks than people like to admit.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 2