The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst TV shows you've seen

ABNuck

17 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Without the horrible dubbing, it may have been a good show. The concept was interesting. Alas, I made it only through the first episode.

It was an interesting concept, but they ruined it in later episodes.

You made a good decision to not continue after the first episode :lol:

On 4/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, ABNuck said:

I'm just watching the new version of SWAT (not the old TV show, the newer version)...and...can't think of a more juvenile, un-intelligent show on TV right now. Every week we are subjected to some grade school moral lesson (don't do drugs, don't be a racist, don't lie to the police etc etc etc)...it's about as deep-thinking as watching an episode of Barney the Dinosaur goof. Does anyone know how any self-respecting writer could work on a show like this? Next to zero research into actual police procedures, every single cliche known to police procedurals (including the "incompetent boss" cliche and the one that builds up the "hero" of the show to be almost super-human). It's total drama crap. I know that opinions about TV entertainment can be varied, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen any shows lately that we could all save time by not bothering to even click on?

Those shows about Doctors and Firefighters look cookie cutter and absolutely pointless.  Same with the NCIS series and other Cop shows outside of The Wire and Brooklyn 99.

I found some of the Marvel shows to be pretty bad.  Wandavision and Loki were ok, but I did not like Falcon and Winter Soldier or Moonknight, didn't finish Hawkeye, and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of them.

The majority of my TV viewing revolves around Star Wars content at the moment.  Nothing amazing, just comfort viewing stuff.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, TheQuietQuitter said:

Those shows about Doctors and Firefighters look cookie cutter and absolutely pointless.  Same with the NCIS series and other Cop shows outside of The Wire and Brooklyn 99.

I found some of the Marvel shows to be pretty bad.  Wandavision and Loki were ok, but I did not like Falcon and Winter Soldier or Moonknight, didn't finish Hawkeye, and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of them.

The majority of my TV viewing revolves around Star Wars content at the moment.  Nothing amazing, just comfort viewing stuff.

You gotta add Southland and The Shield to that list I think...they were both incredibly well written and more true to life than so many others.

The NCIS series was good before (not the spin-offs LA and NOLA...they were crap), but it has recently become too sappy and juvenile as well.

And I agree with Brooklyn 99, incredibly well-written. Each character's development was so over the top, with the best being Capt. Holt, and of course Det Pimento, he took me back to the right Rev Jim Ignatowski (Christopher Lloyd) from Taxi...so bizarre and self un-aware...loved it!

4 hours ago, ABNuck said:

You gotta add Southland and The Shield to that list I think...they were both incredibly well written and more true to life than so many others.

The NCIS series was good before (not the spin-offs LA and NOLA...they were crap), but it has recently become too sappy and juvenile as well.

And I agree with Brooklyn 99, incredibly well-written. Each character's development was so over the top, with the best being Capt. Holt, and of course Det Pimento, he took me back to the right Rev Jim Ignatowski (Christopher Lloyd) from Taxi...so bizarre and self un-aware...loved it!

I like Michael Chiklis and have been wanting to watch The Shield for awhile.  

I was never a big Samberg fan but 99 changed my opinion of him.  I never would have thought that Brooklyn 99 was a show I needed in my life.

On 4/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, TheQuietQuitter said:

I like Michael Chiklis and have been wanting to watch The Shield for awhile.  

I was never a big Samberg fan but 99 changed my opinion of him.  I never would have thought that Brooklyn 99 was a show I needed in my life.

There's a reason it won a boatload of Emmy's. It has so many stars in it besides Chiklis...Walton Goggins, CCH Pounder, Benito Martinez, Catherine Dent and, in a strange twist of fate, Kenny Johnson who now stars in the show that started this whole thread SWAT. Man, it's like he went from the NHL to 3rd division in Northern China...so talented and stuck with writers now on SWAT that would have trouble writing a decent limerick...tragic...thread=full circle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ABNuck said:

There's a reason it won a boatload of Emmy's. It has so many stars in it besides Chiklis...Walton Goggins, CCH Pounder, Benito Martinez, Catherine Dent and, in a strange twist of fate, Kenny Johnson who now stars in the show that started this whole thread SWAT. Man, it's like he went from the NHL to 3rd division in Northern China...so talented and stuck with writers now on SWAT that would have trouble writing a decent limerick...tragic...thread=full circle.

Anthony Anderson was scary good in The Shield too. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, Master Mind said:

It was an interesting concept, but they ruined it in later episodes.

You made a good decision to not continue after the first episode :lol:

Someone advised that I watch the subtitle version rather than the dubbed version and I think that made a big difference in my viewing experience. I really liked it.

1 hour ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Someone advised that I watch the subtitle version rather than the dubbed version and I think that made a big difference in my viewing experience. I really liked it.

It is better that way, but there were still some major aspects of the show that ruined it for me.

Spoiler

Most notably, the detective's ending. It made his whole story-line pointless.

And some of the games were unbalanced, which took away from the purpose of the games. #1 rigging the one game by losing intentionally, and the jumping platforms game ensures only the last x will make it.

• Cheers 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:52 PM, KristoffWixenschon said:

For Star Wars fans, the Obi Wan series was poorly written and edited garbage.

On 4/9/2023 at 11:21 PM, D-Money said:

Although not “the worst”, season 3 of The Mandalorian has been a HUGE letdown. Not even remotely as good as the first 2.

Hehe this thread is a "What show do you want to stop watching but can't"

• Haha 1