The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst TV shows you've seen

ABNuck

I'm just watching the new version of SWAT (not the old TV show, the newer version)...and...can't think of a more juvenile, un-intelligent show on TV right now. Every week we are subjected to some grade school moral lesson (don't do drugs, don't be a racist, don't lie to the police etc etc etc)...it's about as deep-thinking as watching an episode of Barney the Dinosaur goof. Does anyone know how any self-respecting writer could work on a show like this? Next to zero research into actual police procedures, every single cliche known to police procedurals (including the "incompetent boss" cliche and the one that builds up the "hero" of the show to be almost super-human). It's total drama crap. I know that opinions about TV entertainment can be varied, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen any shows lately that we could all save time by not bothering to even click on?

• Vintage 1

I hate wasting time on bad tv, so i try to do a pretty thorough check before I start a new series. 

However, I was pretty disappointed with the show Imposters. Its about a female con artist. It had a pretty strong first episode and great rotten tomato scores, which hooked me a little.

The acting was so bad that I couldn't finish the first season. It's definitely not "the worst" show I've seen, but it's the one in recent memory that was a huge disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

Just to name a few:

Ghost Whisperer 

Medium

Corner Gas

Corner Gas is a Canadian gem

Worst show, possibly ever?  Well, aside from all of those dating shows (Paradise Island, Bachelorette, the House Wives of Hell, and the Kardashians, the rich yacht people and Ken Jeong in anything...oh so many.

I think the worst show might be Call Me Kat

Not sure how I managed to end up watching a bit of this sitcom, but I found it so bad it was cringe-worthy and I'm shocked that it got renewed. 

I can say proudly I have never seen a single episode of

Grey's anatomy

House

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Yellowstone

Almost any new hot button show people are fiendish over.  In fact the last show I watched or managed to watch in most of its entirety was game of thrones.

I...don't have cable so I miss a lot

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Corner Gas is a Canadian gem

Worst show, possibly ever?  Well, aside from all of those dating shows (Paradise Island, Bachelorette, the House Wives of Hell, and the Kardashians, the rich yacht people and Ken Jeong in anything...oh so many.

I think the worst show might be Call Me Kat

Not sure how I managed to end up watching a bit of this sitcom, but I found it so bad it was cringe-worthy and I'm shocked that it got renewed. 

I liked Community, though Ken Jeong was not the star of it.

In retrospect, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I watched that cartoon religiously when I was 8 years old and loved it. Watching an episode recently, I don’t know how that show didn’t give me permanent brain damage. So dumb. Terrible writing, terrible animation. There’s an episode where he’s in the desert and needs some glass, so he rubs his hand super fast in a small circle on the sand and magically creates a 20x30 foot perfectly formed sheet. Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on TV. 

• Cheers 1

As a kid I liked Scooby Doo so that other day I was flipping through and found a Scooby Doo prequel called Velma has to be the worst show or prequel ever. If you didn’t know anything about it but you watched this and think it’s a prequel to the classic Scooby Doo, you would be completely lost. Worst show ever.

8 hours ago, Strawbone said:

In retrospect, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I watched that cartoon religiously when I was 8 years old and loved it. Watching an episode recently, I don’t know how that show didn’t give me permanent brain damage. So dumb. Terrible writing, terrible animation. There’s an episode where he’s in the desert and needs some glass, so he rubs his hand super fast in a small circle on the sand and magically creates a 20x30 foot perfectly formed sheet. Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on TV. 

No worse than MacGyver! :P

23 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Grey's anatomy

House

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Yellowstone

Almost any new hot button show people are fiendish over.  In fact the last show I watched or managed to watch in most of its entirety was game of thrones.

Breaking Bad does not belong there. You're missing out Hip.

• Cheers 2

On 4/3/2023 at 9:37 AM, Angry Goose said:

Sons of Anarchy 

I made it through about 2-1/2 seasons. It reminded me of the show Scorpion. The Scorpion team was supposed to be this group of super intelligent geniuses, except that most of the trouble they found themselves in was of their own making...it was ridiculous squared.

Overall I can't stand any show that has silly sub-plots or actions by individuals that if they just had a slight modicum of average intelligence they would never engage in such antics or tactics. I swear, if I ever see another hostage taking incident where the bad guy faces off against the cop with only a human shield of a hostage...I'm gonna lose it, my shoe is going through the TV. Just shoot the cop, shoot the hostage and walk away! It's about as predictable an outcome as "Red Shirt Ensign Smith" heading down to the planet...news flash...he ain't coming back.

36 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

I made it through about 2-1/2 seasons. It reminded me of the show Scorpion. The Scorpion team was supposed to be this group of super intelligent geniuses, except that most of the trouble they found themselves in was of their own making...it was ridiculous squared.

Overall I can't stand any show that has silly sub-plots or actions by individuals that if they just had a slight modicum of average intelligence they would never engage in such antics or tactics. I swear, if I ever see another hostage taking incident where the bad guy faces off against the cop with only a human shield of a hostage...I'm gonna lose it, my shoe is going through the TV. Just shoot the cop, shoot the hostage and walk away! It's about as predictable an outcome as "Red Shirt Ensign Smith" heading down to the planet...news flash...he ain't coming back.

All of these gunfights and nobody can hit the side of a barn

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, Warhippy said:

Grey's anatomy

House

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Yellowstone

Breaking Bad (aside from the series finale) is widely known for being amongst the very best TV shows ever, and for good reason.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:46 AM, Citizen Erased said:

Just to name a few:

Ghost Whisperer 

Medium

Corner Gas

Okay, I'm taking you outside right now and we're going to fight if you think Corner Gas was bad. lol

One of my favourite shows ever.

Edited by The Lock
  • Huggy Bear 1