The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Worst TV shows you've seen

ABNuck

On 4/4/2023 at 9:19 AM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Breaking Bad does not belong there. You're missing out Hip.

I started watching it this year.  it's not something my wife would be interested in, so I had less TV time to watch.  Now that I telecommute all the time now, more time freed up.

First couple episodes cracked me up, but it got boring after a while.  I'm about halfway to 2/3rds thru season 1, but may have lost interest. 

Weeds was more appealing, but perhaps some of that was due to "scenery".  Walter White just seems to come across too weak for my interests, despite it making sense for the character.

Tried a couple minutes of Call me Kat, since I've enjoyed Mayim on Jeopardy.  That's a couple minutes I won't get back.

Big Bang Theory, just blech.  Lame stereotypes and bad acting.  Whee!

Have enjoyed Goldbergs for a while, but it should have ended a couple seasons ago.

Nice to see some good new content and interesting documentaries on Netflix lately.  Sadly, not sure if you get them all up north, though.  

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

I started watching it this year.  it's not something my wife would be interested in, so I had less TV time to watch.  Now that I telecommute all the time now, more time freed up.

First couple episodes cracked me up, but it got boring after a while.  I'm about halfway to 2/3rds thru season 1, but may have lost interest. 

Weeds was more appealing, but perhaps some of that was due to "scenery".  Walter White just seems to come across too weak for my interests, despite it making sense for the character.

With Breaking Bad, you gotta stick it out for the first season, but the last episode was the start of something great.

It’s a slow burn for sure, but it’s well worth it, especially with the introduction of incredible characters starting in season 2. 

Many of the characters were so great, they found their way into the show’s prequel, Better Call Saul, including the character of the same name, who that series was based on. I loved that series even more too.

I think you should at least watch the next two seasons of Breaking Bad as Walter White transforms more and more into Heisenberg and it develops the other characters.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

With Breaking Bad, you gotta stick it out for the first season, but the last episode was the start of something great.

It’s a slow burn for sure, but it’s well worth it, especially with the introduction of incredible characters starting in season 2. 

Many of the characters were so great, they found their way into the show’s prequel, Better Call Saul, including the character of the same name, who that series was based on. I loved that series even more too.

I think you should at least watch the next two seasons of Breaking Bad as Walter White transforms more and more into Heisenberg and it develops the other characters.

I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the encouragement!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

I love Better Call Saul but if Breaking Bad is too slow, he'll go nuts trying to get through season 1.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I love Better Call Saul but if Breaking Bad is too slow, he'll go nuts trying to get through season 1.

I found it easier to get through season 1 of BCS than BB, but I hear what you’re saying. It’s another slow burn. 

However with the exception of the first and last seasons of BCS, the seasons are shorter and I feel it really helped develop the story and its characters faster. When I say shorter, I mean shorter than BB. Season 1 of that show had maybe 7 episodes, if I remember correctly but most seasons were 13 episodes long, save for the last one, which was 16(split into 2 parts). 

Save for the last season of BCS, all seasons were 10 episodes long.

Maybe my numbers are a little off, but I remember BCS being a little shorter in an average season.

4 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

Turns out, I was about 5 mins away from meeting Heisenberg and seeing his revenge for being stiffed.  This just got interesting!

• Cheers 1

Any so called "reality TV" that is not sports.

I lasted 15 minutes of Picard season 1, and I was so appalled I turned it off.

I've heard good things about Strange New Worlds, so I might check that out.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Iron Fist on Netflix hoping it would get better. It didn't.

I'm pretty much done with TV and movies now.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any so called "reality TV" that is not sports.

I lasted 15 minutes of Picard season 1, and I was so appalled I turned it off.

I've heard good things about Strange New Worlds, so I might check that out.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Iron Fist on Netflix hoping it would get better. It didn't.

I'm pretty much done with TV and movies now.

My wife loves Picard, especially season 3. But I tried watching a few episodes and I didn't care for it at all.

Started watching Severence on Apple TV+, and it's fantastic. There's good stuff to be found.

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

My wife loves Picard, especially season 3. But I tried watching a few episodes and I didn't care for it at all.

Started watching Severence on Apple TV+, and it's fantastic. There's good stuff to be found.

I’ve seen a few episodes (on the Internet) of the new Star Trek with Michael Bernam as the lead. It’s really good. Mostly because that character is amazing! She’s like a hybrid of Kirk and Janeway. Definitely at the top of the list as best Star Trek characters. 

8 hours ago, luckyjack said:

Started watching X Files from the beginning, gonna take a while as there are 11 series

Great series.  Terrific characters.  Even if creator Chris Carter lost control of the plot line (or so it seems to me).