The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

The difference is that bo isn't the captain on the isles.

Maybe thats why he's in a wild card race... cause he can't lead a team into the playoffs 

Ya and if the islanders were a terrible team that weren't going to make the playoffs, I don't think they would have any fans in their building. They only have fans because they are in a playoff race. How many times have we seen Horvat go hot and cold and have long stretches of inept play? Soooo many. That contract is going to hurt them just watch. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

The difference is that bo isn't the captain on the isles.

Maybe thats why he's in a wild card race... cause he can't lead a team into the playoffs 

Yeah I just saw the comment he made, kind of a cheap shot when he wasn’t even directly asked, aggravating… we’ve been better without him.  Enjoy having a fanbase turn on you when they realize how overpaid you are.  No longer will be cheering for him.   

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya and if the islanders were a terrible team that weren't going to make the playoffs, I don't think they would have any fans in their building. They only have fans because they are in a playoff race. How many times have we seen Horvat go hot and cold and have long stretches of inept play? Soooo many. That contract is going to hurt them just watch. 

I came in here hoping to find a topic about his comments but I guess there’s really no point 

Worst case scenario, even if we lost a place out of the draft because of this win, watching Demko out duel Markstrom is almost worth it! 

Not saying winning a single game is going to do that for sure but Demko keeps showing he's worth his weight in gold for us! 

I sure appreciate that guy, stuck with us all this time even though a lot of nights we sucked defensively as a whole team, both on F and D and hung him out to dry. 

Glad he's back! Hope he can put in a full year and be playoff bound with the right roster tweaks in the off season.

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

There is really not much anyone can do with Petey, Hughes, and Demko in the lineup. Scratching them would be too obvious of a tank job that will get Bettman on our ass. 

PA and JR needs to step in.  Just direct Tocchet to play the youths. Not having a lottery chance woild be a mistake.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They aren’t far with some major upgrades to D and their bottom 6.

We’re still a team that relies way too much on Demko. When the Flames pushed the rest of the team collapsed.

Yeah what stood out to me was when the going got tough and Flames turned it up, our bigger guys like Joshua and Miller were ok and matched the flames battle level but the smaller guys were on their heels and basically was in survival mode just trying to get the puck out. 

Our defence also showed weakness during those moments and Demko made some crazy saves. 

I wonder what a healthy Hronek and OEL would do in terms of bringing stability to the team... 

Against playoff teams, it still looks like Demko has to have a great game for the canucks to win our at least have a chance to win. I really wish we could have seen what a defense corp including Hronek, OEL would have looked like tonight. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They choked in the first two months. No need to restate it. Bo is gone anyway. 

How can you choke in the first 2 months? They were bad most of the year until the last couple of months when Tocchet got hired. You can't choke if you are bad since the beginning and throughout the year lol

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I get big time young Chris Tanev vibes. Kids got a dart in his mouth out there in 3 on 3 overtime in his 3rd game 

He is already a regular. The fact he makes Myers competent is a shock. That deserves a permanent place on top 4

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

PA and JR needs to step in.  Just direct Tocchet to play the youths. Not having a lottery chance woild be a mistake.

I believe it would be great to be bottom 11 finish consider we are mathematically out - but forget about tanking etc - its not in RT's interest and players will always try because once you let up your focus sometimes you may get injured.  Players are also trying to impress the coach. Watched PDG Alman and Joshua on the fore-check tonight - incredibly hard working pinning an experience D in their own zone . Not to pick on Huberdeau but he would be outright awesome with that consistent effort.  If you can get two lines of constant fore check like that, teams are going to really hate playing us next year.

I believe the D still needs some major work - if Demko's play was not out of this world tonight - game would have been over after 2 periods - and Calgary is fighting for a wild card spot - not the a top divsion leader.  To make the playoffs you need to handle the 12-16 ranked teams and Calgary just outside right now..  Good way to end the home stand though and nice cheers to Cheech.

Guess Demko will need to start against LA as well as they lost tonight and the Kraken are just couple of points behind them. I see Delia playing the final 2 games.- after Sens victory tonight - see the Canucks finishing anywhere 10-12 this season now.