The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Next captain 

Hughes strikes me as a guy that really wants it. Petey is a natural leader by example aswell so you can't go wrong. 

I thought for sure it would be Petey's but maybe not. Hughes isn't the most vocal guy but has tried to push himself by all accounts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Y, but with a healthy Hronek, and "maybe" a refreshed OEL, they have a good top 3.  Hopefully they can move Myers and upgrade.  Bear, Burr, Hirose, Mc, Brisebois, Wolanin, all good depth D. 

I don't expect the management to stay put in offseason. Major surgery ain't finished yet and they all know it. 

So we agree major surgery is still needed.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Same excuses every year.

When your rookie college D are better than your vets were most of the year that says about all you need to know. Major upgrades are needed theres really no argument.

Well that's the point, the new guys are better than some of our other d.  Our d last year played the same as they did tonight (second and part of the 3rd)... Yet, these new guys just got here and will probably get better as they acclimate to a real system.  I'm hopeful... Lots of work still but it's headed in the right direction.  But it's not the same... That's where we disagree.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 2

Enough of the winning crap!! Enough already!!!stop playing like it’s game 7 you losers!!! What a horrible, frustrating team!! I hate them!!! They can’t make the playoffs and they can’t lose enough to get a top 7 pick. What a bunch of nothing crap this team is

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

From Calgary puck.....

Need to get the 4 remaining points and hope the Jets completely fall on their faces.

Sigh, I'm tired of false hope.

#### me Edwards... Johnny & Matt left, the perfect opportunity for a rebuild was right there...

:bigblush:

At least we're not the fLames

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Id like to see McWard after 2 years in Abby.  He looks like he could develop into something.

I Like Hirose-just wonder if he is durable enough.  A couple of off-seasons away from winning a starting job.  

Bear - 1 year deal.

Maybe it is just due to how bad our D is but Hirose looks like our 2nd best d men out there. 

The kid definitely has potential to be a regular sooner than anyone expects.