The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I actually remember Benning commenting on Chatfield as one of the better prospects a few times. I didn’t see what the big deal was myself. Turns out he’s not as dumb as people make him out to be 

Chatfield was dominant in the AHL. They just never gave him a full opportunity to show his worth at the NHL level. Like a lot of other guys. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Chatfield was dominant in the AHL. They just never gave him a full opportunity to show his worth. Like a lot of other guys. 

Just too damn focused on quick fixes. Ownership and fans pressure that too 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I think this’ll be a closer series than some here will give it credit. 

I have Carolina in 5 ... hoping for a sweep but that is unlikely. Playoff Bo seems a step behind, mind you I was Channel surfing so only caught buts and pieces 

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

I have Carolina in 5 ... hoping for a sweep but that is unlikely. Playoff Bo seems a step behind, mind you I was Channel surfing so only caught buts and pieces 

He set up some chances and had couple good shots himself, Staal line did a good job keeping them quiet. 

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So many players given away by Benning and his entourage before they were even developed. Forsling, Chatfield, McCann. Benning was the one who hired Green. At the end of the day the blame lies squarely on him. Just like people will blame Rutherford and Allvin for everything. 

I mean, Chatfield was signed when he was 20 by Benning, and was kept in the organization until he was 24.  

Our AHL development staff was lacking, and our coaching staff didn't put Chatfield in a situation to succeed.  

I remember his stint with us really well. It was during the Covid shortened season when we had the flu running through the whole team.  Everything that could go wrong had gone wrong, and Chatfield was thrown into the fire.  I really liked his game but most of the fans were screaming that he wasn't good enough mostly because we were losing a lot.  Remember that this was the North Division year after the magic bubble run.  

Chatfield was fast and aggressive and that's what I liked the most about his game.  He got tagged for a -3 in one game and that was the end of an objective look by our collective fanbase.  

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I mean, Chatfield was signed when he was 20 by Benning, and was kept in the organization until he was 24.  

Our AHL development staff was lacking, and our coaching staff didn't put Chatfield in a situation to succeed.  

I remember his stint with us really well. It was during the Covid shortened season when we had the flu running through the whole team.  Everything that could go wrong had gone wrong, and Chatfield was thrown into the fire.  I really liked his game but most of the fans were screaming that he wasn't good enough mostly because we were losing a lot.  Remember that this was the North Division year after the magic bubble run.  

Chatfield was fast and aggressive and that's what I liked the most about his game.  He got tagged for a -3 in one game and that was the end of an objective look by our collective fanbase.  

Too bad Benning didn’t realize he had the Tanev replacement under his nose in Chatfield. 

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

I actually remember Benning commenting on Chatfield as one of the better prospects a few times. I didn’t see what the big deal was myself. Turns out he’s not as dumb as people make him out to be 

Was it because Baumer was the d-coach.  Almost no D could look good under that 'system'.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [MDSF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) | Hurricanes lead series 1-0